Hove, United Kingdom

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
:facepalm:

1. 24 teams in the chamionship play each 2x = 46
2. liverpool is not just a bit of fun it will show our place is in the prem
I'm with you. Nice to know we've got some REAL fans who want so see how far we can go as opposed to people obsessed with beating a minor team from South London.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think it does ... 2-3 spurs, 1 - 0 sunderland, liverpool who knows ? + the fact unbeaten in the chamionship all counts for something

Friendlies mean bugger all. Sunderland have had a poor start. Ok we have had a good start but its EARLY days.

Even in Jan when "smaller" clubs knock bigger out the FA cup in Jan. It means bugger all as far as league position is concerned.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I'm with you. Nice to know we've got some REAL fans who want so see how far we can go as opposed to people obsessed with beating a minor team from South London.

Surely the REAL fans (as you put it) want to beat our RIVALS and get three points thus progressing us in the league.

But then I believe you were the one who thought we could actually win the FA cup last year and would have taken a win over stoke rather than promotion. This was with Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Villa etc still in the compo as well.

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No it wont. LOADS of times a champ club (even L1 or 2) has put a prem club to the sword and have done bugger all in their own league.

Its a good test but thats all it is.

EG

BBC SPORT | Football | League Cup | Southend 1-0 Man Utd

Absolutely spot on. Wednesday will be a good test of our squad in hopefully a very entertaining game, I'm looking forward to it. Even IF we do win, the joy will pass, probably after an uninspiring draw in the next round. Victory over Palace however will be the gift the keeps on giving, bring it on.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Absolutely spot on. Wednesday will be a good test of our squad in hopefully a very entertaining game, I'm looking forward to it. Even IF we do win, the joy will pass, probably after an uninspiring draw in the next round. Victory over Palace however will be the gift the keeps on giving, bring it on.

And with FIVE Palace fans in the office you can imagine the banter.

Liverpool? Meh.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Surely the REAL fans (as you put it) want to beat our RIVALS and get three points thus progressing us in the league.

But then I believe you were the one who thought we could actually win the FA cup last year and would have taken a win over stoke rather than promotion.
But it's just three points. At the end of the day, after the 46 games, we'll win have won some, lost some and drawn some. Naturally I want us to beat Palace, but it isn't the end of our league season if we don't.

When we played Man City there were people on here who said they rather beat Bristol Rovers than Man City as we'd get three points! I find that attitude, well 'sad' I suppose and also the fact that the league is seen as the Be All and End All. Last season people wanted to concentrate on the league, but they said that next season it would be different. Well surprise surprise it isn't. And no doubt if we get into the Prem everyone will say, "forget the cups, premiership survival is more important". I'm sure if we qualify for Europe there will be people on here on want us to 'do a Bolton' and throw the game in order to 'concentrate on the league'.

And unlike last season we need the extra Cup games to give everyone in the squad a game!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But it's just three points. At the end of the day, after the 46 games, we'll win have won some, lost some and drawn some. Naturally I want us to beat Palace, but it isn't the end of our league season if we don't.

When we played Man City there were people on here who said they rather beat Bristol Rovers than Man City as we'd get three points! I find that attitude, well 'sad' I suppose and also the fact that the league is seen as the Be All and End All. Last season people wanted to concentrate on the league, but they said that next season it would be different. Well surprise surprise it isn't. And no doubt if we get into the Prem everyone will say, "forget the cups, premiership survival is more important". I'm sure if we qualify for Europe there will be people on here on want us to 'do a Bolton' and throw the game in order to 'concentrate on the league'.

And unlike last season we need the extra Cup games to give everyone in the squad a game!

But how can you say REAL fans want to beat Liverpool and not Palace. They are our rivals.

Its all about the league. Cups are a BONUS. Thats all a BONUS. Of course I want us to win but given the choice of beating Liverpool or Palace. I will take Palace ALL THE TIME.

Tell you what Im gonna leave the last words to Buzzers children.

Buzzer "ok kids do you want to see Prem League Liverpool or Palace as they are midweek and we can only really do one of them what with school in the morning etc"

Kids " oh Palace dad we dont care about Liverpool"

And you will NEVER find two kids who dont bleed more blue and white than those two.

Last edited:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
god - what a fuss

i'm a real fan and i hope we smash Palace and do ourselves proud against Liverpool - win or lose.

simple as that.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The worse case scenario is being 1-0 up with seconds to go in injury time and Gerrard falls over in the penalty box

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's true. I asked both my children about which game they'd prefer to see and both really couldn't care a jot about Liverpool. It's the Palace game that they really care about. We've been talking about it all season and as far as we're concerned is by far the most important game of the season. Everything else is just fluff.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Happy to admit that I am obsessed with beating that minor S London team. I really couldn't care if we win or lose against Liverpool but beating Palace is an absolute must.

Weren't you the one last year who suggested that Saints should be our rivals?

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
It's true. I asked both my children about which game they'd prefer to see and both really couldn't care a jot about Liverpool. It's the Palace game that they really care about. We've been talking about it all season and as far as we're concerned is by far the most important game of the season. Everything else is just fluff.

Absolutely this. And my daughter agrees too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here