Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool Backing Gerrard. This Is Wrong?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you know its not unheard of for people to be charged and it never even go before a court as the charges are dropped. yet some seem to have already convicted Gerrard. i really hope none of you are ever in the vacinity of any trouble.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think the point that everyone is missing in their haste to show off about their understanding of the law, is that it is so predictably Liverpool to 'back' him, rather than offer no comment or a more circumspect response to the media than 'we back our own'.

Expect Celtic to join in with a Justice For The Southport One, replica shirts tied by sobbing scousers to the cringy You'll Never Walk Alone gates, and a sickeningly insincere show of Scouse solidarity irrespective of whether they have crushed people to death, brained a Bulgarian barman, or been a pissed up dickhead in a crap provincial nightclub.

No need to debate the tits off the legal aspect of that, just on whether scousers are boring self righteous morally bankrupt c unts, which should take all of 10 seconds.
That is the sort of quality rant we've come to expect from you, sir. :lolol: :clap:

You didn't answer by question the other day Nemesis;

I was just asking why you always stick up for everything and anything to do with Liverpool and Scousers?

Nothing against you, but that's always the case.

Because I happen to have friends in Liverpool who are Scousers and you may find this concept very strange-they actually support their local team(s)-yes, Evertonians and Liverpool. I also have friends who live in Wallasey and Birkenhead who support their local teams too. Enough for you? I don't stick up for everything and anything to do with Liverpool-I do however react to idiotic comments from people like you (plastic Mancs), about Gerrard, simply because he plays for Liverpool and you 'support' ManUre.

What I do not understand here is why when the same offence (at least I think it was; assault and affray) was commited by Joey Barton, that I would say the majority on here agreed that he should not be allowed near a football pitch again and should never be involved in an England set-up, can stick-up for the Diving Cheat? Is it because you like him as a footballer that it would hurt for you to think that he is in trouble and might get a nice welcoming by the prisoners? (not that he would go to prison, no doubt he'll just get a fine)

Putting it simply; why back Gerrard and not back Barton? Some people are serious hypercrites

I think you need to grow a little don't you? You always refer to Gerrard as Diving Cheat (because of your MancWanking tendancies) so he is now automatically guilty in your eyes regardless of what may have actually happened purely because he plays for Liverpool. You try to compare Barton's case with Gerrard's despite knowing absolutely f*** all about what ACTUALLY happened (in either case). Thank f*** you aren't part of the judicial system.

My understanding of the incident (based on news reports) is that it is nothing like Barton's case and appears to be reactive rather than aggressive, however, I don't know because I wasn't there. Are you privvy to evidence that is being kept secret from all of us non-Manc lovers that proves Gerrard's guilt?

smelly

May 23, 2004
Liverpool should have been more circumspect with their reaction. They have responsibilities to their employee, Gerrard and also need to send out the coorect message based on their stance of being disowning of any unacceptable behaviour by that employee.
There will be a trial were all the facts are aired. Liverpool seem to have second guessed the outcome with their support of Gerrard. The reason for this is that he is their most important player.
Had it of been Jermaine Pennant response would of been along the lines of: "LFC will await the outcome of the judicial process before passing comment" as if they lose JP would not matter half as much as losing Gerrard.

This is why they have publicly supported him and reneged on their community duty to condemn any violence St Stevie may have committed.

Or am I just too old and cynical?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Far too reasonable mate. You are about the only one to see the wood for the trees on this one.

Most people on the thread fancy themselves as Rumpole of the f***ing Bailey, or are deranged wannabe scousers who seem to have adopted the hypersensitivity of their rundown shit 'adopted' city's inhabitants, revelling in an opportunity to take offence and then get nasty.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Think the gentleman has a point, about the difference between Gerrard and, say, Pennant.

But they're never going to condemn him until a court says he's guilty, otherwise it's surely breaching all kinds of employment legislation.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Because I happen to have friends in Liverpool who are Scousers and you may find this concept very strange-they actually support their local team(s)-yes, Evertonians and Liverpool. I also have friends who live in Wallasey and Birkenhead who support their local teams too. Enough for you? I don't stick up for everything and anything to do with Liverpool-I do however react to idiotic comments from people like you (plastic Mancs), about Gerrard, simply because he plays for Liverpool and you 'support' ManUre.

Fair enough, just asking like. Although you have me mixed up with someone else here at the end, as if you do a search through all my pointless posts on here, you'll notice that I don't like Manchester United. If you asked me who I wanted to win the Premier League then I would answer Chelsea - that's because the girlfriend supports them and has seen them play.

I think you need to grow a little don't you? You always refer to Gerrard as Diving Cheat (because of your MancWanking tendancies) so he is now automatically guilty in your eyes regardless of what may have actually happened purely because he plays for Liverpool. You try to compare Barton's case with Gerrard's despite knowing absolutely f*** all about what ACTUALLY happened (in either case). Thank f*** you aren't part of the judicial system.

My understanding of the incident (based on news reports) is that it is nothing like Barton's case and appears to be reactive rather than aggressive, however, I don't know because I wasn't there. Are you privvy to evidence that is being kept secret from all of us non-Manc lovers that proves Gerrard's guilt?

No, what I was doing was comparing the reaction of people regarding to whom it was, they were both charged with the same thing and both have the same job, but both get different reactions on here. Oh and just to clear it up again, I don't like Manchester United. :thumbsup:

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
been charged but not guilty..as yet.
the old bill will throw every charge they can then most will be thrown out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The PFA have also come out and said they will support him. Not heard any support for the DJ who had his tooth knocked out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Putting it simply; why back Gerrard and not back Barton? Some people are serious hypercrites

Mmm good comparison. let me see.
As well as assault, Barton stubs cigar out in youth teamers eye.
Attacks 15 year old everton fan at a friendly.
Physically assaults a team mate at training.
I think Gerrard has a way to go to catch up with Barton.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So EnglandFans members that so much as get drunk and get a caution for D+D or another very minor offence get thrown out and banned from travelling abroad to countries at the same time the national team are playing, but we have a national team made up of players arrested for much worse...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My thoughts on this case:

1. What the f*** was he doing in a High Street pub/club after midnight with pissed up pals? Guilty or not this is terrible judgement on his part. By all means go out and celebrate, but choose a lower profile venue, like a country pub or a quality restaurant.

Paolo Maldini was once asked how he managed to cope without booze, partying and the late nights and he replied that it was easy, as he realised after he retired he could go out EVERY night, so abstinence for his football career was a small price to pay for millionaire wages.

Many of our established England stars, Gerrard included, could take a leaf out of Maldini's book. Maldini is REAL class, and until our "top" stars start behaving like top professionals England will win f*** all.

2. The police spoke to eyewitnesses and studied CCTV pictures, arrested him and held him overnight. Doesn't look good for his chances of being proved innocent.

3. What else can Liverpool say? He is a £30million player, their main man, their only hope of the title and the Champions League. Anyone expecting them to do anything else than suport him is mad.

I'm sure if Stevie G asked Rafa to blow him the Spaniard would lock his office door, pull the blinds them sink to his knees...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here