Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool Backing Gerrard. This Is Wrong?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
If he is found guilty, he shouldn't play for England again.....LFC can do whatever they wish, but the FA should make sure that FOR ONCE, decency is observed. He should be stripped of his MBE and should not be considered a representative of his country..........

But if he is found guilty. Then he has paid hit debt to society. be it a fine, comuity servise, prison sentance or death by hanging. Why should he then have to pay back more?

I thought UK law said that the punishment was ment to fit the crime.

If he is found guilty, he shouldn't play for England again.....LFC can do whatever they wish, but the FA should make sure that FOR ONCE, decency is observed. He should be stripped of his MBE and should not be considered a representative of his country..........

You must NEVER have EVER done anything wrong in your whole life, and never got into a fight or ANYTHING! :bowdown:

How shall mere mortals ever aspire to match your purity?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
One, when you say 'let off', do you mean 'found not guilty', or found guilty but his punishment be meagre?

Two, the fact he has been charged means the police BELIEVE they have enough evidence for the CPS to mount a successful prosecution. The police don't prosecute.

Don't be so pedantic, you know what I mean.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Why shouldn't Liverpool back him? What does 'backing him' even mean?
Does it mean that they want him to win any bar fight that he's involved in, and they hope that he gave the bloke a good shoeing.
Or does it simply mean that they will believe him on his word and offer him support until his trial, and then help his rehabilitation in the event of a conviction.
I'd hazard a guess that it's the second one.
Innocent until proven guilty.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
You must NEVER have EVER done anything wrong in your whole life, and never got into a fight or ANYTHING! :bowdown:

How shall mere mortals ever aspire to match your purity?

That's ridiculous...The difference is that, despite the dellusions of grandeur currently suffered by some posters on here, they're not role models to thousands of children. Steven Gerrard is.

My eldest son has an England shirt with Gerrard's name on the back of it - now are you telling me that he's set a good example of being a sportsman by getting p*ssed and getting into a fight.

Yes, we've all done things we regret, but then we don't get paid £100k a week to kick a ball around as a job and be role models - Gerrard does and is.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
My issue is not about how the LAW works. My issue is the fact that LIVERPOOL FC are coming out and backing Gerrard.

No - you said it was proven that he was guilty. It has not been.

Because he has done something wrong that's why. It sends out the wrong message.

Has he? Where you there?

You are a very dangerous individual because you clearly are incapable of grasping the basic fact that this man may not be guilty.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
You are a very dangerous individual because you clearly are incapable of grasping the basic fact that this man may not be guilty.
Quite. To think that people like this get the chance to do jury service where they could be trying any one of us.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
No - you said it was proven that he was guilty. It has not been.

Has he? Where you there?

Ok then - why didn't Plymouth publicly come out and support Luke McCormick before he was sentanced? and I agree that Liverpool have been hasty in doing it with Gerrard - regardless of whether he's guilty or not...Do it in private but not to the national media - there's just no need.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Quote your favourite bit from The Sun's article!

“Stevie was a bit snappy when someone started to try and take his photo."

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot understand all this about the FA should ban him etc. He is accused of an offence, totally unrelated to anything on the field that the FA have power over so why is it their problem. Why should he never play for England again, yes he is a role model and should be treated as such if and when any punishment is dished out but not witha ban or some other punishment that affects him on the pitch after he has completed any punishment given by the court.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here