Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool Backing Gerrard. This Is Wrong?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
It has clearly been proven that he was involved in one form or another the other night, because he has been charged.

What I certainly don't agree with, is Liverpool coming out and saying that Gerrard has been great servant to the club and we will back him.

So do Liverpool FC think it is responsible to go bashing people up?
What sort of message does this send out again to people.

If you where involved in a fight outside of work, would your work back you?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It has clearly been proven that he was involved in one form or another the other night, because he has been charged.

Erm...not quite how the law works. People have been wrongly accused of all sorts of things in the past. What we do is use a thing called a jury to listen to the evidence and then decide if a case is proven. It's old fashioned, but it works.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Innocent until PROVEN guilty.

Just because he's been charged does not guarantee that he's guilty. All it proves is that the police think he's guilty, but ultimately it's for a judge and jury to decide.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
If this was any other employer then he'd be suspended on full pay pending an investigation.

If, after a trial, he's found guilty, then as it's unlikely he'll be sent to prison, he should be suspended by the FA for 6 months without pay and Liverpool should strip him of his captaincy.

He is a father, husband and role model for children and he should know better. If he's let off, then what does it say about society when you or I would probably end up in the clink.

The fact he's been charged means that the police have enough evidence to prosecute.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
If this was any other employer then he'd be suspended on full pay pending an investigation.

If, after a trial, he's found guilty, then as it's unlikely he'll be sent to prison, he should be suspended by the FA for 6 months without pay and Liverpool should strip him of his captaincy.

He is a father, husband and role model for children and he should know better. If he's let off, then what does it say about society when you or I would probably end up in the clink.

The fact he's been charged means that the police have enough evidence to prosecute.

That is exactly what I mean. I think its bloody irresponsible of Liverpool FC to be coming out like this and backing what went on. He is clearly in trouble otherwise he would not have been charged. There are reasons why you end up at a police station, it usually means you have done something bad.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
My issue is not about how the LAW works. My issue is the fact that LIVERPOOL FC are coming out and backing Gerrard.

What if Liverpool don't back Gerrard and then in the court they find him not guilty? That will really make Gerrard want to stay if his own employers think he is guilty before anything is proven.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

One, when you say 'let off', do you mean 'found not guilty', or found guilty but his punishment be meagre?

Two, the fact he has been charged means the police BELIEVE they have enough evidence for the CPS to mount a successful prosecution. The police don't prosecute.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
That is exactly what I mean. I think its bloody irresponsible of Liverpool FC to be coming out like this and backing what went on. He is clearly in trouble otherwise he would not have been charged. There are reasons why you end up at a police station, it usually means you have done something bad.
Agreed. Dunno why they bother with all that boring and expensive trial by jury mullarky. He's clearly as guilty as sin because some copper's have said so. BANG HIM UP I SAY IT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL (etc etc).

My issue is not about how the LAW works. My issue is the fact that LIVERPOOL FC are coming out and backing Gerrard.

Oh do come on, his personality and professional dedication, behaviour and attitude all come into this. Who else is going to stick up for him, his Mum?

He is intrinsically connected with Liverpool FC, so it makes sense that they can and will give a character reference. Not forgetting that they will only do it this soon, as the press are so quick to bend public opinion long before any trial or full account has taken place.

Would you rather that any negatives against your name, were purely unanswered and were piled up against you by weight of perhaps-one-sided hearsay?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove

Why would he be supsended on fully pay? INOSENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. what the f*** has happend the the UK? Who goes to prison for a fight these days? Name one.

I really dispear sometimes.

Because he has done something wrong that's why. It sends out the wrong message.

Typical bandwagon-jumper. Do you believe everything in the media without ANY thought of your own?

You might be a good voter against Labour based on all the fashionable Brown-bashing, until you get to know what happens if the alternative got in.

If some news reporters had their way, we'd still be burning people as witches.

Last edited:

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
If he is found guilty, he shouldn't play for England again.....LFC can do whatever they wish, but the FA should make sure that FOR ONCE, decency is observed. He should be stripped of his MBE and should not be considered a representative of his country..........

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Agreed. Dunno why they bother with all that boring and expensive trial by jury mullarky. He's clearly as guilty as sin because some copper's have said so. BANG HIM UP I SAY IT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL (etc etc).

:laugh:Bugger it. Your right why go to court. Hang him. Its the only way.

Why wont peole think of the children!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here