Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool and Mascherano

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Imo, if that warrented a secon yellow, how many players should be sent off for much more than this. I mean you see Rooney swearing at officials left right and centre without picking up even a warning from the ref, then Mascherano was just asking the ref why Torres had been booked and managed to get sent off.

Quite refreshing to see how many people- fans and pundits alike- have backed up a referee for once.

I've never been a particular fan of Steve Bennett, but even he shouldn't have to put up with constant abuse, so fair play to him.

I hope a few more players go the same way before they learn- John Terry is one of the worst offenders for starters.

So let's ignore the fact he booked Mascherano but chose to ignore numerous Man Utd fouls-one of which was identical to Mascherano's? Ignore the fact that Torres was fouled twice in 5 seconds and got booked yet a Man U player committed a foul as bad as Mascherano's but didn't get booked? If you're a player and you see crap like that happening it's hardly surprising tempers get lost. Would anybody on here just let it go with so much at stake?

Bennett should never have been given that game to referee and his inability to act fairly spoiled what should have been a terrific game. Yes, he didn't award a penalty early in the game but that was down to his incompetence-nothing else.

It's quite interesting seeing the reactions on here because it's a Liverpool player involved-I wonder what would be said if it was The Albion on the receiving end of Bennett's impartiality?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If you're a player and you see crap like that happening it's hardly surprising tempers get lost. Would anybody on here just let it go with so much at stake?

How about if you are a player in a World Cup Final, who sees a perfectly good looking try not given. I'd say the England Rugby players at that moment had far more at stake, but they simply got on with the game.

Yet in football we think a couple of fouls and a booking in a game where - and let's be honest - Liverpool were playing for no more than pride, as they are simply not going to win the Premiership, and nor will they finish outside the CL places, and you think that meant there was so much at stake the actions are understandable.

I think that just shows where football is compared to where it should be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here