Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liverpool and Mascherano

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
What a bunch of f***ing IDIOTS!

Especially Mascherano, booked early on then constantly questioning the ref and then gets himself sent off for dissent and wonders what he has done wrong?

Don't footballers know the rules? I hope he gets slapped with a 3 match ban.

Also, at half time, why did the Liverpool have to go up to the referee to argue? it isnt going to change what has happened is it.

seagullsss

Lofts Number 1 Fan!
Jan 1, 2008
¡Cereal Killer!;2345092 said:
What a bunch of f***ing IDIOTS!

Especially Mascherano, booked early on then constantly questioning the ref and then gets himself sent off for dissent and wonders what he has done wrong?

Don't footballers know the rules? I hope he gets slapped with a 3 match ban.

Also, at half time, why did the Liverpool have to go up to the referee to argue? it isnt going to change what has happened is it.

I disagree all that mascherano was doing is asking why in no vicous way. Hes just showing the passion

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I disagree all the mascherano was doing is asking why in no vicous way. Hes just showing the passion

No he wasn't he was just being an idiot.

Speak to anyone working in youth football and they will say that this type of disrespect has drifted into the game with kids copying the behaviour they see on the tv.

Hope this is a watershed.

seagullsss

Lofts Number 1 Fan!
Jan 1, 2008
No he wasn't he was just being an idiot.

Speak to anyone working in youth football and they will say that this type of disrespect has drifted into the game with kids copying the behaviour they see on the tv.

Hope this is a watershed.

i can agree with that but i just think the hole liverpoolVSMan U got into him he was just maybe a bit over passionate but he will learn from it

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I disagree all the mascherano was doing is asking why in no vicous way. Hes just showing the passion

Well he was swearing at the referee and his body language seemed quite aggressive.

And it wasnt just that one incident, it was time and time again.

I would be very annoyed if a Brighton player did the same and got himself sent off and will not show any sympathy for him.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
The ref blew it by not sending Mascherano off after the first incident. The tackle was worthy of a booking and you can clearly see Mascherano tell the ref to f..k off about 4 or 5 times as he is being booked then continue to say it about another 4 times as walked away. His dissent was worse than Lampards.

:angry:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Mascherano was just unbelievably stupid, and Bennett made exactly the right decision. I just wish Benitez could look to blame his own players rather than the ref all the time.

Without wishing to sound like an old git, but when I started watching football the best manager around was a certain Brian Clough who absolutely hated it if ay of his players ever got booked for dissent. There was no two ways about it, they would be in serious hot water with him about it, and as a result it didn't happen. If someone had collected a stupid (2nd) yellow for it in the way that Javier did today, their feet wouldn't have touched the ground.

Mascherano was an idiot, but I bet deep down Pepe Reina is hugely relieved tonight as it has taken attention away from the absolute STINKER he had today.

seagullsss

Lofts Number 1 Fan!
Jan 1, 2008
Mascherano was just unbelievably stupid, and Bennett made exactly the right decision. I just wish Benitez could look to blame his own players rather than the ref all the time.

Without wishing to sound like an old git, but when I started watching football the best manager around was a certain Brian Clough who absolutely hated it if ay of his players ever got booked for dissent. There was no two ways about it, they would be in serious hot water with him about it, and as a result it didn't happen. If someone had collected a stupid (2nd) yellow for it in the way that Javier did today, their feet wouldn't have touched the ground.

Mascherano was an idiot, but I bet deep down Pepe Reina is hugely relieved tonight as it has taken attention away from the absolute STINKER he had today.

didnt think about that good point reina was awful did make 2 good saves though rooney and ronaldo

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Got what he deserved I am afraid.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Mascherano was acting like a bit of an idiot but plenty of players do the same, he was not acting in an angry fashion and it was not worth a booking.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Andy Gray had it in for Steve Bennett tough. Mind you I think Gray has long become a bit of a prick. He thinks running 30 yards to argue with a ref over an incident that does not concern you is PASSION.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This was the Andy Gray I seem to remember who argued his way into a booking in a Cup Final once.

Mascherano gets no sympathy from me at all - total prat

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And Reina is having a nightmare of a game.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
For anyone that doesn't believe he should have been sent off...

He was repeatedly telling the ref to "f*** off" in no uncertain terms. He was chasing the ref down at every given opportunity, and he ran across the pitch to confront the ref just one time to many!

He knew full well he was on a yellow, and for his stupidity and lack of respect he deserved to walk.

FIN

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Mascherano was acting like a bit of an idiot but plenty of players do the same, he was not acting in an angry fashion and it was not worth a booking.

Crap - and if you really think the sort of attitude he was showing towards the ref from the start is acceptable, then there is a long way to go.

As people have said - he swore at the ref the whole time he was on the pitch. He was reckless earlier on and then he ran across the whole pitch to get involved in an incident and wouldn't let it go. He then PROVED how totally out of control he was by his behaviour after the booking on the touchline and should have his ban extended.

The sooner football copies rugby's approach the better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here