Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool and Manchester United lead ‘European League’ breakout league idea

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Too bad. It is ending too soon, the abrupt end will unfortunately just make it return to status quo and we'll see a similar situation again in the not too distant future.

Which is fine, nothing wrong with progress. BUT it needs to be done in a more open manner.
The whole thing was snide.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I disagree. The idea is now toxic and will require unilateral resignation from the current set ups, and players banned from international teams. The amount of money needed to make that a safe bet for the psycho six and their EU counrerparts is beyond imagining, and the amputation of these clubs from the body of football will kill global interest, kill viewer numbers and kill income in the new venture, rendering it doomed.

It's over. Only a fool will try again.

It's all about the money Harry, they will try again, this " breakaway " league has been mooted several times and the people who run football such as UEFA and FIFA are not averse to trousering some extra cash if available. Besides, the lawyers would be all over any restrictions or bans issued by UEFA and FIFA... eventually, it will happen again.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Fans have a massive amount of power. Never, ever forget that.

All 6 should have points deducted. City winning this season’s league would be a disgrace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What rules have they broken? Serious question. You can't sanction anyone if they have not broken any rules.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1384579798194958337[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Reading Chelsea, Citeh and importantly Athletico Madrid all jumping ship...... the collapse is certain, the sanctions and legislation to stop this ever happening must now be followed through, No burying head in sand.

https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-news-coverage/2021/4/20/22394214/liverpool-super-league-news-begins-collapse-chelsea-manchester-city-atletico-madrid-withdraw

This must happen. There needs to be cast iron rules regarding any non UEFA/FIFA league being formed. If they leave, they are gone forever with NO way back. Otherwise there will be other attempts.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This is English fans ,Bayern, Dortmund, and PSG, who have got this victory tonight.

Nobody else comes out with much credit.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
My point, which I think you're overlooking in this particular post, is that the money won't go with them (even if they go).

You say that is justifiable, I say it isn't. It's not their ****ing revenue, it never has been!

These are the only points of difference between us. I don't like it, I don't think this version will happen and no relegation or promotion is utterly dull. I am however less convinced the money wouldn't go with them, but forget what I think, or what you think, the people who run United and who are accountable to their investors (they are a public company) think it would. That's their decision to make and whether I like it or not just isn't on point.

Is it United's Revenue? Well, if say Brighton v Man U has a TV audience in the billions (I don't know if it does, but I think it might), but Brighton v Burnley in the hundreds of thousands (again I don't know the figures) then you can see why the people running United would look at that and see if they can take that audience they bring, whilst keep the revenue that follows. The billions watching Brighton v Man U have largely not tuned in to watch us.[/QUOTE]

they've tuned in to watch a contest

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This is all totally, totally nuts.

I can't wait to find out what really went on here.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
All 12 of these teams should at the very least be immediately kicked out of the currrent champions league and replaced by teams knocked out in previous rounds and then excluded from next years competition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here