Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Livermore to Luton

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
According to the Argus Livermore is a target for Luton.
We tried to sign centre back Chris Lucketti from Huddersfield - they agreed but the player didn't want to come down south.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just saw that?! Mental!

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
According to the Argus Livermore is a target for Luton.
We tried to sign centre back Chris Lucketti from Huddersfield - they agreed but the player didn't want to come down south.
Have to say Livermore has been a huge dissappointment. Would be no loss at all. Shame about Lucketti - just what we need.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought Livermore has been ok and unlucky! He was playing well against Luton until that tackle!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I think Livermore is probably the best central midfielder we own, shame he was always left back, as he is terrible playing there.

Fair play if he wants to move on, its obvious he is not wanted by the club, but he is surely better than Luton

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The (unt got them to Wembley, maybe he can win it for them as well.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
if they signed him on a permanent deal would he be eligble for the final of the jpt next sat?

They can't sign him on a pernament deal because the transfer window has closed. They could have him on loan for the rest of the season and make the deal pernament in the summer.

And no he can't play in the JPT for the remainder of this season, as he has already played in the competition for another team.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I can count the number of times he has been played in his correct position on the fingers of one hand. He has been unlucky.

We have a history of playing midfielders and playing them out of position? Paul Reid and Chris Birchall to name two more that immediately spring to mind!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
They can't sign him on a pernament deal because the transfer window has closed. They could have him on loan for the rest of the season and make the deal pernament in the summer.

And no he can't play in the JPT for the remainder of this season, as he has already played in the competition for another team.

Thought so just testing like :lolol::whistle:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think Livermore is probably the best central midfielder we own

Based on what ? He's done the square route of f*** all every time I've seen him in the midfield. So has everyone else of course, but I can't say Livermore has ever stood out.

He has been one of the MAJOR disappointments this season (amongst many). Looked like a really good acquisition at the time, loads of experience at a higher level, still at a good age. I can't believe how toilet he has been for us.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
He's not a good central midfielder, wish people would stop saying he's class when he's not. Just runs a lot and tries to break peoples legs.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Based on what ? He's done the square route of f*** all every time I've seen him in the midfield. So has everyone else of course, but I can't say Livermore has ever stood out.

He has been one of the MAJOR disappointments this season (amongst many). Looked like a really good acquisition at the time, loads of experience at a higher level, still at a good age. I can't believe how toilet he has been for us.

The couple of times I remember him actually playing in centre midfield (cup games) I remember him setting up the attack for Anyinsah's goal against man City, and also scoring against Swindon.

I like his tough tackling, and I am basing it on the fact that the other central midfielders we own being Tommy Fraser, Jason Jarrett, Adam El Abd and Adam Virgo

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The couple of times I remember him actually playing in centre midfield (cup games) I remember him setting up the attack for Anyinsah's goal against man City, and also scoring against Swindon.

I like his tough tackling, and I am basing it on the fact that the other central midfielders we own being Tommy Fraser, Jason Jarrett, Adam El Abd and Adam Virgo

I guess when you put him up against that pitiful bunch of "central midfielders" then Livermore, depressingly, is probably the best. Jarrett started off like a house on fire but now looks like he couldn't find his own arse with both hands (which also happened to Johnson).

Christ we've seen some shit this season, havn't we. :down:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I guess when you put him up against that pitiful bunch of "central midfielders" then Livermore, depressingly, is probably the best. Jarrett started off like a house on fire but now looks like he couldn't find his own arse with both hands (which also happened to Johnson).

Christ we've seen some shit this season, havn't we. :down:

And that's were our problem has been. I still feel sorry for Livermore as he never got the chance to play in midfield, but he hardly ever played and has been booked loads, and sent off, so he cant be that great.

We have Bangura and Dicker to pin our hopes on now though. Bangura seems to have caught the disease of every one of our 25 signings this season, play well for 3 games, then be brought down to our pityful level.

I remember him playing the entire game at Burnton Park last November in midfield.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
The whole situation with Livermore has really pissed me off. When he signed I thought he was a real coup, as whenever I have seen him play in the past he has been quality.

He played near on 30 games for a team who got promoted to the Premiership last year, yet can't get anywhere near the pathetic excuse for a central midfield we have had this year, even though it seems to change every week.

When he has been given the odd 10 minutes in central midfield I think he has been solid, always puts himself about and plays sensible passes, which is what we need. Obviously Slade and Adams (although I have gone a long way past trusting his judgement) see/ saw him in training every day, but I find it hard to believe he is not up to the standard of this team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here