Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live Music over the next three months.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Lots going on in the Brighton area up to the end of the year and I am always interested in peoples musical tastes. Anyone planning to see any live acts? So far I am watching Toy on 27th Oct Coalition, Savages 8th November at Ship Hotel, The Fall 4th Dec at Old Market Hove and the truly magnificent British Sea Power doing a Christmas Club night on Dec 14th at The Haunt. (I am also going to watch Madness on 1st Dec but that's to appease a mate- not really my thing but after some beer I guess it could be enjoyable)

Toy, Savages, and of course BSP....... Oh.

(they were actually going to be my three suggestions!)

Going to see the first two in London and might be catching Father John Misty too - quite like what I've heard. Also got I Like Trains, Veronica Falls and Pains of Being Pure at Heart supported by Hatcham Social coming up - think one of them unfortunately clashes with Bo Ningen and Race Horses tho, which should also be excellent...

Bands seem to make a habit of touring in October/November now - going to be busy few weeks! See you at the Haunt...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have tickets for Django Django at The Old Market, Rufus Wainright at The Dome and The 2 Bears at Coalition the same night and Sparks also at The Dome. I'm thinking of going to see The Dot which is Mike Skinner's new project with that, now bald, fella from The Music. I'm really liking The XX's new album but missed out on tickets so I will try and see if I can work/sort something out for this.

I'm currently listening to Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti's new long player; nice for a Sunday afternoon.

Ah yes, I also have tickets for Tory Frank Turner.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bands seem to make a habit of touring in October/November now - going to be busy few weeks! See you at the Haunt...

I think this is because of the festival circuits. The European circuit runs from June until Sept so a lot of bands will either be playing the circuit, or not wanting to clash with this period.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Let us know how they are. On a good day there's not much that can match them but they do have off days. The tickets were too dear for me.

I think Radiohead are the only band I would pay £75 for even though I hate the o2. Their Manchester set list was heavy on In Rainbows & King of Limbs with a splattering of hits.

Caribou are the support act which is a huge bonus for me, loved their last album.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Agreed on Savages, not the most original band but excellent at what they do. They frankly wiped the floor with that hyped to death Palma Violets band that played with them last time.

The Palma Violets shared headline thing was an interesting combination. Two very different crowds in the same venue as a result- reminded me of Great Escape with its mix of music styles in the same place.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Toy, Savages, and of course BSP....... Oh.

(they were actually going to be my three suggestions!)

Going to see the first two in London and might be catching Father John Misty too - quite like what I've heard. Also got I Like Trains, Veronica Falls and Pains of Being Pure at Heart supported by Hatcham Social coming up - think one of them unfortunately clashes with Bo Ningen and Race Horses tho, which should also be excellent...

Where are you seeing I Like Trains? Pretty frustrated they have avoided Brighton this time round. I see they are in Southampton but cant make that date. I notice that Christmas Krankenhaus goes on until 4.00 a.m this time. Determined to make it to the end this time- Well that will be the plan.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
2 Bears and AlunaGeorge are playing Coalition November 24. Quite likely to be the gig of the year dahn 'ere, couldn't be crueller that it's the same night as Crystal Castles in Brixton. Anyone with a ticket for Azealia Banks on Wednesday might want a back-up plan cos we're half expecting her to cancel on previous form.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
2 Bears and AlunaGeorge are playing Coalition November 24. Quite likely to be the gig of the year dahn 'ere, couldn't be crueller that it's the same night as Crystal Castles in Brixton. Anyone with a ticket for Azealia Banks on Wednesday might want a back-up plan cos we're half expecting her to cancel on previous form.

I saw Azealia Banks at the Dome on the NME tour and she was rubbish. It's rare that I say this about live music but she was very poor. Covering an Amy Winehouse song is never a good idea if you do not have a great voice and the cover of Fire Starter was very misguided and poor. And her own stuff was lacking.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I saw Azealia Banks at the Dome on the NME tour and she was rubbish. It's rare that I say this about live music but she was very poor. Covering an Amy Winehouse song is never a good idea if you do not have a great voice and the cover of Fire Starter was very misguided and poor. And her own stuff was lacking.

A potty mouth will get you far....

Jul 20, 2003
Public Enemy
The Fall
Happy Mondays
Ian McCulloch

the last 20 years never happened

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Yeah, I'm only really going on the back of 212. Hopefully a smaller venue will be more suitable.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

Yeah, I'm half doing it to see if all the anti-hype about her being rubbish live is true. Also, y'all should check out TEED and Submotion Orchestra this week, and Caravan Palace next month. Innit.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Where are you seeing I Like Trains? Pretty frustrated they have avoided Brighton this time round. I see they are in Southampton but cant make that date. I notice that Christmas Krankenhaus goes on until 4.00 a.m this time. Determined to make it to the end this time- Well that will be the plan.

I'm seeing them in Birmingham on Sunday (visiting a friend) - and also at Cargo in London next Monday. Not sure about their last album tbh, bit of a departure for them, but looking forward to seeing them again.

Also looking forward to seeing La Femme (a kind of young Gallic New Order) and Rats on Rafts (a young Dutch Echo and the Bunnymen!). Post-punk never dies...

There's probably no need for Krank to go on till 4 - it usually empties after the last band finishes. Whenever I've stayed it's been pretty much deserted by 3 apart from the odd old saddo propping up the bar... (*coughs*)... there was one occasion when the stragglers and the band ended up on the beach with a bottle of port until the sun came up, but it may be a bit too chilly for a repeat in December!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I am Kloot, Squeeze and Jools Holland,.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here