Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live Music 2013

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I've given up the booze and am finding other more productive ways of spending my (not so) hardearned.

As for 1 per week, that's a really good aim, you might struggle around Xmas/ New Year but otherwise, it should be doabale. Let me know if you come unstuck at some point, I reckon I know enough about what you like to give you some good directions on some gigs you may have missed.

On the subject of me gigging every night - Metz tomorrow night! Fingers crossed it won't be rammed (see previous concerns with the Haunt when it is full.) They absolutely tore Audio a new one earlier in the year. It's make or break night for The Wytches for me this evening (who are supporting) people have been raving about them to me but I've seen them 4 or 5 times already this year and I don't see it. I enjoyed them supporting Metz at the aforementioned gig in Jan but they've descended ever decreasing shades of "meh" in subsequent gigs. I am going to make sure they have my full attention.

I hope Metz are as enjoyable as earlier in the year. I am at Public Service Broadcasting who I discovered at one of the BSP nights- my mate says they are a one trick pony and can't see them making it past album two. Tend to agree but I enjoy the way they mix with pathe footage and the Holy Fxxx sound.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Texas axeman & former Bluesbreaker Buddy Whittington at the Ropetackle tonight.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Metz were absolutely great again. There's no mystery to them - 3 guys playing amped up Nirvana esque punk rock, bloody loud but they are damn good at it. Anyone that has time for Nirvana (which lets face it is pretty much everyone) should give their S/T debut on Sub Pop last year a go, absolutely full of tunes!

Due to it being an early gig, I only caught 10 minutes or so of The Wytches. Have to say I really enjoyed them this time but I'm not really sure 10 minutes is really enough to base a firm judgement on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Saw Public Service Broadcasting last night in a very hot Concorde. To be honest I got a bit bored with the sound about half way through and an hour long set was just about right- any more and I probably would have left. They played a couple of new songs in Dutch which may hint at a slight change in direction but I really can't see where they will head next. As a novelty its fun but that's about all. The friends I was with enjoyed it more and I guess so did the majority of the sold out crowd.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Just seen Babajack - what a sensational live act they are.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just seen Primal Scream play an amazing set in a small club with Mr and Mrs Pogue Mahone. Cracking stuff.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Just seen Primal Scream play an amazing set in a small club with Mr and Mrs Pogue Mahone. Cracking stuff.

Yep, the best I've ever seen them, and I've seen them a lot. Great atmosphere, fantastic venue (not much bigger than The Haunt, but infinitely better) and a brilliant set list.

Today I met three of the band at Berlin Airport - they were on the same Easyjet flight as we were. Lovely guys, and they'd had a ball.

Cheers for the excellent hospitality, HT and FT!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Neutral Milk Hotel are playing the Roundhouse, Barrowlands and the Albert Hall in Manc next May. Tickets went on sale five minutes ago. Almost had a seizure

Just got 2 tickets for Utrecht, the day after the Roundhouse gigs.

Happy days.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Electric Soft Parade at the Unitarian Church on friday should be a good one. I'm glad that they appear to have a good year this year, Idiots is a great album.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
City & Colour at the beautiful Belvoir Ampitheatre in the Swan Valley on Saturday night with the Mrs and her mate - nice.....

Belvoir.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here