Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Live Ford Super Sunday **

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
FFS I would have made about 200 quid if it had stayed as it was. Had RVP first goalscorer, RVP last goalscorer, Man United win with RVP anytime and Man United win

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just saw the replay from the refs angle, looked to me like rooney ran behind the spurs player trying to make the contact to me, or at least that it looked like that could bean interpretation of it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Read somewhere the makers of on line games like FIFA13 have done a computerized forecast of how the league will finish up and the top 5 were United City Chelsea Arsenal and Spurs 5th just missing out on Champions League. I hope that they have 4th and 5th the wrong way around.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
lots of debate on 606 about Ashley Cole's deliberate trip on Sagna in the last few minutes which could well of prevented him scoring. knew exactly what he was doing and got a yellow

cheating, gamesmanship or perfectly fine?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hahaha. It's happened to them for a change
Indeed, 15 shots for Spurs vs 4, Man U sat back and paid the price. If that was us the usual idiots would be saying Gus is crap - so does that mean Fergie doesn't know what he's doing then?

How the ref didn't give that penalty for the foul on Rooney. Possibly the most blatent pen on the season
Penalty yes, but not that obvious from the refs position, it could have looked like the defender got the ball.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
lots of debate on 606 about Ashley Cole's deliberate trip on Sagna in the last few minutes which could well of prevented him scoring. knew exactly what he was doing and got a yellow

The sort of thing I'd expect any player to do in that situation. Took a yellow card for his team. Doesn't make it right, but he had to do it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

It's the sort of thing everyone accepts because everyone does it. If it was up to me, deliberately fouling someone like that would be an automatic red card, regardless of whether it denied a clear goal scoring opportunity, whether it was excessive, whether it risked a players health, etc.

I think deliberately fouling someone because if you don't they could break clear and be in on goal is lazy, cowardly, and cheating.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Indeed, 15 shots for Spurs vs 4, Man U sat back and paid the price. If that was us the usual idiots would be saying Gus is crap - so does that mean Fergie doesn't know what he's doing then?

Penalty yes, but not that obvious from the refs position, it could have looked like the defender got the ball.

Sat Back? I don't think so, credit to Spurs for forcing them back. Fergie actually made attacking substitutions bringing Rooney on for Kagawa, then Valencia on for Cleverly. That meant United had 3 centre forwards on at the end.

Spurs deserved the point in the end, possibly all 3, but I disagree that MU tactically sat back, I think Spurs played well, and put a lot of pressure on MU who naturally were slightly conservative for a lead to defend, and Spurs taking more risks as the game went on.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013

Tactical foul - you see it at every level and if an Albion player didn't take a yellow card for the team in that situation then I'd be pissed off about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here