Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Little twat insulting Tom Daley on twitter

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Didn't know there were death threats.

A few times he tweeted something along the lines of 'I'm going to find you and drown you', or something to that effect with a load of c**t's thrown in for good measure. Obviously utter shite but that's what's got him in the nick rather than some cheap shots about Daley being rubbish and letting his Dad down.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Didn't know there were death threats.

Yeah, he apologised, saw he was getting loads of attention so sent more tweets to tom daley saying like: " why wont you reply you c nut?" " Look I'm sorry just accept my apology you prick." " Look you dickhead I'm gonna drown you in the pool, I don't even care mate."

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I think the stats show that people become 80 per cent more confident when hiding behind an avatar i.e. computer, forum name etc (havent read up on it for a while though). The more that social networking grows, the more you will unfortunatly get people coming out and mouthing off to people. Not sure the best way to stop it, perhaps things like this should be highligheted during IT lessons at school.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I think the stats show that people become 80 per cent more confident when hiding behind an avatar i.e. computer, forum name etc (havent read up on it for a while though). The more that social networking grows, the more you will unfortunatly get people coming out and mouthing off to people. Not sure the best way to stop it, perhaps things like this should be highligheted during IT lessons at school.

I think some people feel pressurised into having an opinion about things, and making instant comments, or in some cases launching verbal attacks on people. They then feel the need to defend their position at all costs and in some cases get caught in a spiral of conflict with people they don't even know. Not saying everyone on Twitter is like that, but a lot of people seem to be. That's why it's frequently such a negative, spiteful and bullying environment, and contributing - in my opinion - to a more unpleasant way of life.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
I think some people feel pressurised into having an opinion about things, and making instant comments, or in some cases launching verbal attacks on people. They then feel the need to defend their position at all costs and in some cases get caught in a spiral of conflict with people they don't even know. Not saying everyone on Twitter is like that, but a lot of people seem to be. That's why it's frequently such a negative, spiteful and bullying environment, and contributing - in my opinion - to a more unpleasant way of life.

Things like Twitter allow people to have an opinion, unfortunatly there are a few that overstep the line. They wouldnt walk up to Daly and say it to his face, or over a phone call yet can do it through twitter because they think its just a screen with a picture on it and it makes them look hard. Conflict is alot easier to have as you cant always tell sarcasm or what people class as a joke over the internet.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Only 80% blimey, would have thought a lot more. These media are still relatively new and it's going to take a number of years, and many prosecutions before it comes into the public general consciousness about what is, and is not acceptable.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It's the death threats that will have got him arrested I would have thought, not just the nasty comments about his Dad.

I believe the malicious communications act could have enabled his arrest merely on the comments about his dad, if they are deemed to be "something sent to cause distress or anxiety".

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
I think this boy had history of being a Troll and looking for attention. Pretty sure it was meant to get a reaction.

Not surprised Tom Daley reacted, if my dad had just died (not to mention they seemed close) and I received a tweet like that, I think I'd have flipped.

But to me, why on earth is he still on Twitter and not banned?

I recently was suspended for over-zealous requests for RT's. Fair enough, I appologised and took my punishment, but this chap can say he's going to drown someone and still is not be suspended. It seems a little unfair and unbalanced to me.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Did you see when they did a documentary about 'trolling'. These people literally believe it is their right to abuse people online. When they're questioned about it, they try to avoid answering by worming their way around it. Trolls should have their ISP taken away and should be barred from internet access. It seriously niggles me how a bunch of unemployed losers living off mum get the feeling that they are funny and brilliant just because like minded individuals say so...sadly people do sod all about it.

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Trolls seem to think they can just wind people up on the internet no matter what they say, fortunately this guy has been arrested and it should put others off in the future. Problem is that so many kids feel its ok to just swear at people. There are 12 year old kids swearing their heads off but they would never say they in front of their parents.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Trolls seem to think they can just wind people up on the internet no matter what they say, fortunately this guy has been arrested and it should put others off in the future. Problem is that so many kids feel its ok to just swear at people. There are 12 year old kids swearing their heads off but they would never say they in front of their parents.

Because nobody puts them in their place.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Without wishing to disagree at all that his statement was out of order, i am getting a little concerned by the police of peoples opinions, after all everyone has the right to one, abhorrent or not is this a police matter? What could the young man be charged with?

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Without wishing to disagree at all that his statement was out of order, i am getting a little concerned by the police of peoples opinions, after all everyone has the right to one, abhorrent or not is this a police matter? What could the young man be charged with?

Threatening to drown Tom Daley.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Malicious Communications. In brief: An Act to make provision for the punishment of persons who send or deliver letters or other articles for the purpose of causing distress or anxiety.

Apart from the obvious is there a difference using the same words but to some ones face as the content is just the same?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think the comments about 'letting his Dad down' were in hugely poor taste, designed 100% to get attention from his similarly-minded little goon followers, and are EXACTLY the kind of thing that the Malicious Communications Act is designed for.

The threat to 'drown' Daley, on the other hand is utterly laughable. Look at the images of the skinny little troll, and then look at Daley's own physique, and ask yourself exactly who would be doing the 'drowning' if the two were to meet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here