Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lineup for Dirty Leeds (A)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I know it's a few days away, but I've got my ticket in my pocket and I'm raring to go! Apparently they're even more strict about away fans standing now and dozens are thrown out every game, so it promises to be a shithouse experience.

----------Brez the man---------
Reyes---Greer---El Abd---Mattock
Buckley-Bridcutt-Navarro-LuaLua
------------Vokes-CMS-----------

I've dropped Dunk just to give him a rest, and I think Adam could be useful for winding up their players and fans. I'm also desperate for LuaLua to have a run. I hear you say "Gus never plays 4-4-2", but now is the time.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I know it's a few days away, but I've got my ticket in my pocket and I'm raring to go! Apparently they're even more strict about away fans standing now and dozens are thrown out every game, so it promises to be a shithouse experience.

----------Brez the man---------
Reyes---Greer---El Abd---Mattock
Buckley-Bridcutt-Navarro-LuaLua
------------Vokes-CMS-----------

I've dropped Dunk just to give him a rest, and I think Adam could be useful for winding up their players and fans. I'm also desperate for LuaLua to have a run. I hear you say "Gus never plays 4-4-2", but now is the time.

I agree. Thru his whole career CMS has had a strike partner and I think to get his confidence up he needs Vokes alongside him as an out and out striker.

Lets face it we are *virtually* safe now and like the cup last season when Gus went 4-3-3 with Wood, FFS, Barnes, lets go 4-4-2 for CMS more than anything.

We could get all three points but even if we lose, at the beginning of the season we probably would have had Leeds A as a defeat.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Barnes has been decent the last three games, so there is ZERO chance of him being left out.

Calderon played miles better than El Abd Saturday, yet curiously people want him left out and El Abd retained.

The only changes I would think will be Mattock starting in place of AEA, and a replacement for Sparrow in midfield. That might be JFC, or possibly Jara Reyes. Possibly even both with Navarro dropping to the bench, if he fancies our chances.

Whilst I understand the reasons for wanting a strike partner alongside CMS, the big clamour for a change of shape, seems a little odd given that we've taken 13 points from the last 5 games.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Barnes has been decent the last three games, so there is ZERO chance of him being left out.

Calderon played miles better than El Abd Saturday, yet curiously people want him left out and El Abd retained.

The only changes I would think will be Mattock starting in place of AEA, and a replacement for Sparrow in midfield. That might be JFC, or possibly Jara Reyes. Possibly even both with Navarro dropping to the bench, if he fancies our chances.

Whilst I understand the reasons for wanting a strike partner alongside CMS, the big clamour for a change of shape, seems a little odd given that we've taken 13 points from the last 5 games.

Spot on.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003

I think you're right about the shape and about Barnes. Probably Vokes on the bench again - he offers a real threat as a sub, as he has shown v Palarse and Leicester.

El-Abd was only weak on Saturday in overlapping. He shouldn't be at left-back when we have some serious full-backs available. But Gus has to drop either him or Dunk, I think.

Gus now has an embarrassment of riches to choose from.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I have talked about a change of shape on another thread but on reflection you are clearly right here.

If Poyet gets this right, I think we'll turn them over. And I do think he will get this absolutely spot on. We should have beaten Leeds at home after Gus changed things in the second half in what has probably been the Amex's game of the season, and Leeds looked a mess against Birmingham in midweek.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I predict that CMS will score twice this weekend and the flood gates will open.

Just a feeling; I think it might have hurt being subbed on Saturday.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Your right. They have moved us to the John Charles stand, which is near the scoreboard. The seating there harks back to the late 60's/70's. Bates doesn't like away fans behind a goal, just incase it might serve up an atmosphere.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Difficult one. Snodgrass will be a concern so I think that, as a natural LB, Mattock will be preferred to AEA. Maybe his WBA colleague in front of him to replace Sparrow. I'd love to say unleash the hounds as we moidered them in the 2nd half at home but can't see it happening.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Brez
Calderon---Greer---Dunk---El Abd
Buckley---Bridcutt---JFC---Reyes---Barnes
Vokes​

Subs
Ankergren, Mattock, LuaLua, Vicente, CMS

Navarro in for Reyes if the later is not fit.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I hear you say "Gus never plays 4-4-2", but now is the time.

He played it once... Leeds at home in the first half when they ripped us to pieces... so you think Leeds away is the time to go back to it?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I have talked about a change of shape on another thread but on reflection you are clearly right here.

If Poyet gets this right, I think we'll turn them over. And I do think he will get this absolutely spot on. We should have beaten Leeds at home after Gus changed things in the second half in what has probably been the Amex's game of the season, and Leeds looked a mess against Birmingham in midweek.
Then won 3-0 at Bristol City on Saturday. I'm not confident!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Thanks Sim, I didn't realise they were down to nine men. There's some real praise for us in that thread too (which there wasn't at the time).
Indeed. Kind of sums up the way Albion play. More often than not, we look the better side. However, we just don't score the goals that reflect how much better we often are.

On the subject of how sides look, I have to say I thought Leicester looked a decent side. On another day, they might have won that match themselves. Although I suspect they've spent a lot more money than Albion in order to get to that level.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I imagine we'll be unchanged for the most part, maybe Mattock starting at LB and I'm fairly confident Reyes will start in Sparrows place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here