Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Like a friendly !!!

BlueBird

Feb 10, 2005
What a suprise this afternoon, we turned up, strolled around and won 2-0....:ohmy:

for those of you that didn't go, you were the lucky ones !!!

It was like a friendly today, we were pretty lifeless ourselves including us fans but the difference was we were 2 up. I must admit i would never have predicted such an emotionless game of football.
having said that, we got 3 points which is brilliant but it was a dire afternoon and also the referee was embarassing !!! one incident of note was when the lino flagged, ref played advantage which we cocked up then he pulled play back to give us another go !!! :blush:

good luck for the rest of the season, if today is anything to go by you may need it....:angel:

BlueBird

Feb 10, 2005
i can only guess by what i saw but about 400 may be ???
difficult to tell sorry..............
was just over 11,000 in total, wasn't many of us either :drink: ??

early on your fans gave it a good go, with our lot responding with 'hilarious' gay chants :yawn: Unfortunaltely your side didn't give them any encouragement with their performance, i'm sure you must play better most weeks than you did today...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
500 or so Albion. In good voice early on but first the weather (it absolutely pissed down causing mass evacuation from the front rows) and then the football soon quietened everyone down.

Home fans confused by the now regular "You're too ugly to be gay" etc.

One lad manhandled out by about 6 or 7 stewards for demonstrating his upset at the ref's ridiculous "let's see if Cardiff score, oh no they didn't so I'll pull play back an age and give them a freekick" moment. He was putting up quite a fight (the Albion lad, not the ref).

BlueBird

Feb 10, 2005
so you a BHA exile or do you own a microlite??

Do you agree that today was as quiet a football match as you will ever witness??

seemed as though you were playing for a 0-0 even after we scored ?? :ohmy:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Live in Bristol - was back by 6.

Game was over after 18 mins - you had nothing to encourage and we had had the stuffing well and truly knocked out of us.

People only got excited when the ref had his shocker right in front of us, and when we got excited your lot did too. It was just after this that my 2 year old said "Daddy, need a wee-wee", so I made my excuses and left. Never got out of that car park so quickly!

Still noisier than most games at Withdean though.

BlueBird

Feb 10, 2005
I was in the same end as you, you know the one with the scary spotty kids chanting 'we are evil' :wave: exept there are some decent folk in our end too :)
funny how kids are at footie innit, I took my 4 year old to Reading this year and his highlight was a huge Lion in a Reading kit at half time :glare: , he was gutted when he didn't stay on for the second half !! :censored:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Friendly? Absolutely....this was a shocking game, which we were almost 100% to blame for. Did we have a chance? Did we have a shot on goal? I can't believe that was virtually the team that held it's own at Spurs. One VERY big difference - Yelldell instead of Kuipers. Unfortunately Yelldell has got the presence of a pea. He looks nervous, conspires to get the defence jittery, and undermines the whole team. I know that sounds harsh, but how many games have we won/drawn this season through Kuipers playing a blinder? Whilst I wouldn't really blame Yelldell for either goal (the first was a penalty, after all), he is a liability waiting to happen. Let's just hope match practice will cure him of his obvious nerves. Incidentally, Virgs was VERY lucky not to get a straight red near the end for a challenge which looked pretty nasty to me. I'm sure he didn't mean it maliciously, but bearing in mind he'd already been booked, I think the ref was very lenient....I can only assume he didn't really see it.

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
Just like to say Bluebird - it was almost civilised getting back to my car - 100% better than last time - maybe because we were so crap. Supposed to be going out on the town tonight but cant be arsed, with it, even if the Janners cant even beat Rotherham
wcnige

BlueBird

Feb 10, 2005
it was almost civilised getting back to my car - 100% better than last time

Glad to hear it, as was said yesterday on here we have had loads of banning orders etc plus the police, stewarding and surveilance is strong to say the least !!!! As soon as the threat of not getting a stadium was put to the club due to hooliganism they decided to act. This can only be a good thing, surely.

I take your point about maybe it was coz u were crap!!! I'm sure if any away fans wanted to create a scene, it would be met with a different mood from our lot.
As i said earlier, good luck with the rest of the season and long may away fans continue to think Ninian is 'almost' civilised, it's a step in the right direction !!! :clap2:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Spot an assessment. It was like a friendly.

It was a penalty and Virgo should have gone.

Loads of possession but we we never used it well.

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
We had the ball in reasonable wide positions quite often today, but I cant remember a decent cross.

NickL

Aug 21, 2003
Brighton
It was like watching a totally different team today. We had no spark or hint of creativity and produced next to nothing with the spell of possession we had in the second half.
Overall a thoughly frustrating day and as said previously the early goal really knocked the stuffing out the team and the fans:nono:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Balloonboy, I agree about Yelldell and it doesn't auger well for the rest of the season either. :(

Telboy

Who Are You
Jul 6, 2003
WSU
That was one of our worst performances of the season. The team did not seem up for the match for some reason. I just hope they do not think they have done enough to stay up. I have every faith in MM to knock that out of them if that is the case.
What a difference to last time we played in Cardiff!! ???

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
plymouth nige said:
Just like to say Bluebird - it was almost civilised getting back to my car - 100% better than last time

Glad to hear it too. As I said last week, the club, the police and the local council have put in a lot of effort since you were last here to make Ninian a much safer place for away fans to visit, and that effort seems to be paying off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here