Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lifelong Albion fan banned for 2 years for telling palace fan to shut up in 1901

Status
Not open for further replies.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
.....we've gone green for plymouth. so what are we going to do for one of our own fans? Brighton and Hove Albion are refusing to speak to him even though plenty of people willing to say he did nothing apart from telling a palace fan to have some respect, shut up and sit down after over celebrating in 1901 section of the Amex. This is a complete joke and could happen to any of us that are passionate about The Albion.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Has to be said since the Sid stuff I'm more cautious about stories like this.

IF this is the case media and what have you need to be told - but it depends if it was stronger then that , first offence , etc..

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Seems fair to me, he could have joined Malcolms' Bridge club and just kept quiet.

simpleton

Apr 23, 2011
1901 is predominatly corporates entertaining their clients. Every game there will be opposition supporters who are guests in there. Anyone who cant control themslves, bite their tongue and stfu because somebody else is celebrating their teams win deserves to get booted imo.

D

Deleted member 18477

i'd personally go to the argus and let that twat naylor write something about it.

the outcome? hopefully the albion realise they made a mistake (if they actually did...) and i get my ST back.

if its a fair ban then i guess it would be tough shit. good job i didnt sit in 1901, i would have been banned for sure if that bloke got banned for saying shut up lol.

c-c-c-sider

Feb 25, 2011
Southwick
This is a classic problem with 'life' these days. I cant see the justice in a 2 year ban if it wasn't an aggressive reaction to the palace fan!
We all get caught up in the heat of the moment.
And what is a palace fan doing in the 1901????

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Seems like the rules for behaviour are strictest in the 1901 areas.

On the surface though, without all facts being known, this is an looks like an absolute disgrace by the club.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
A very difficult one really, if he only said that, then it is very harsh. But being a corporate area, one has to stay quiet when opposite fans are being dickheads.

D

Deleted member 18477

This is a classic problem with 'life' these days. I cant see the justice in a 2 year ban if it wasn't an aggressive reaction to the palace fan!
We all get caught up in the heat of the moment.

could have been corporate

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Quite possibly invited by a client as corporate entertaining ?

Exactly what the 1901 is designed for

TKC

Jun 16, 2011
Just as i said with the sid stuff, You do not get a 2 year ban for saying have some respect, shut up and sit down. If there is a ban there's a lot more to the story.

D

Deleted member 18477

True, But surely the club should take into consideration the nature of that particular game & what it means to 'all' involved?

lol dont be silly. brighton are going modern. as much coporate as possible. the game is all about money these days and not the lifelong fans. they want to create a good impression where EVERYONE is welcome. its sad but we've gotta get along with it.

c-c-c-sider

Feb 25, 2011
Southwick
lol dont be silly. brighton are going modern. as much coporate as possible. the game is all about money these days and not the lifelong fans. they want to create a good impression where EVERYONE is welcome. its sad but we've gotta get along with it.

Well it would appear you have got that right pal, But i cant help but feel abit dissapointed by it. A simple slap on the wrist first warning may have been all it took?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I never believed Sid and I dont believe this JCL thread. No proof offered by OP. Nothing to see here.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Just as i said with the sid stuff, You do not get a 2 year ban for saying have some respect, shut up and sit down. If there is a ban there's a lot more to the story.

What he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here