Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Life On Mars

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I thought the bird who screwed him over was fit. I think if they do another series they should think about doing different characters and a different period in time.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...what and have him chasing the demon barber of Fleet Street around, or Jack the Ripper, maybe you have something there (yeah, I know it is set in Manchester)...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Can be a different location as well. Done well this would be more interesting and keep it fresh.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Me and the lads at the nick think it is ace! We've been trying to see how many non PC quotes from the series we can get into our modern police day! I'm afraid it's proving a tad difficult!!

The attention to detail with the cars, clothes and props is generally very good. I loved the fight scene last week with the Major Crime Branch geezers.

Some great lines to date include:

"Cor blimey, is that Blue Stratos I can smell?"

Cue disgusted look from DCI Litton and his reply,

"It is Paco Rabanne!"

"You and me, Bare-knuckles. I'd have you."

Love it!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I'm thinking it'll be a "Wizard of Oz" type ending to the series where he gets knocked down in the 70's, comes around in a hospital bed in the present day, with the WPC as the Nurse (who's looked after him all the time he's been unconcious), his Guvnor as the Doctor, his fellow coppers as Hospital Staff, and his mum and girlfriend sitting around crying and holding his hand....

....and his dilema is, does he go back to the girlfriend, or does he go for the WPC/Nurse?? (Cue cliff hanger ending)

I do like a happy ending!

:wave:

Hmmmm, Nurses Uniform or WPC Uniform - there's a whole new TV programme there. :lolol:

Dandyman

In London village.
Arthritic Toe said:
Talking of Mark Bolan - where was his fatal car crash? It was in Sussex somewhere wasn't it?

Queens Ride, Barnes Common. 16 September 1977.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Fantastic show - had me glued again last night....

Was that supposed to be himself as a child upstairs in bed, when he went to see his Mum?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Les Biehn said:
I thought the bird who screwed him over was fit.

Kelly Wenham :love: :love:

(although there are nicer pics of her than this)

kelly_wenham_1.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
eastlondonseagull said:
Kelly Wenham :love: :love:

(although there are nicer pics of her than this)

kelly_wenham_1.jpg
Would get it.

Actually, the actress who plays his mum is quite FIT too. However, I hope he doesn't nob her. :sick:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
It's everything The Bill could never be.Best cop show around, the actual Police must love it too.

Simster said:

Actually, the actress who plays his mum is quite FIT too. However, I hope he doesn't nob her. :sick:

She was very cheeky I thought. But why did he buy her flowers? I too hope he leaves well alone, that would be gross.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
It seems so:lolol: shame i'm stuck with only one

westdeneite

Jul 26, 2004
Westdene
Yeh, it was himself upstairs when he met his mum. He was in bed with the mumps.
When he returned later the family had done a bunk because they owed rent but he found a pic of himself, as a kid, in a cop uniform.
Absolutely f*****g brilliant prog.:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here