Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lib Dem Conference, Brighton

vauxhallexile

Jul 31, 2003
B.W. said:
That is NOT what I intend to do!... you sound like you want to send them flowers, with a written apology for the possibility that you may offend them... as you say, it's a free country!... we already KNOW your way isn't working tho'...

Nope, all in favour of a demo/march/whatever, I'm just saying think about what message you actually want to get across, otherwise it is a waste of time as you will end up with more opponents than you had before.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Is there a one stop shop nearby that sells wrotten eggs and dog shit that I can use for the occasion?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Rangdo said:
Is there a one stop shop nearby that sells wrotten eggs and dog shit that I can use for the occasion?
Yes, there's one in the marina, one in Hollingbury; they're called ASDA.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Man of Harveys said:
Yes, there's one in the marina, one in Hollingbury; they're called ASDA.

Wrong thread. I think you meant to post here .:p

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
BlueWhite said:
Now the LDC have made their position clear and the Falmer situation will be far from over by the Autumn- shouldn't we start planning for the Lib Dem conference in Brighton Saturday 16th to Thursday 21st 2006?

I remember in the Bellotti days a group seriously embarrassing the Lib leadership by a continual presence outside the Conference Hall- surely this time we can do even more. Two protest marches to (largely sympathetic) Labour Party conferences are one thing; marching to a conference whose party is trying to finish off our club is another: they won't like the publicity one little bit.

Ideas?

The march has to be the biggest YET. We got one shot to thoroughly discredit LDC in front of their masters and destroy any political ambitions these masonic swine may have for the future. And all in our own back yard.

If Albion fans don't march on the Lib-Dem conference - with or without the club's blessing - then they have no right whatsoever to complain when these self-centred NIMBYs succeed in murdering the club.

Don't get mad, get even.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
The Libdems were removed from power in Worthing after a series of scandals.

Perhaps the power brokers of the sandal wearing NIMBYS should be given a strong warning of the sense of local feeling on this subject.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
They won't worry about us harming their Parliamentary election prospects -- because let's be honest, we won't. Probably not even in Lewes.

However, one of their main campaigning planks is being "the party of local government" -- and we have a job to reveal what Lib Dem local government really can be like.

vauxhallexile

Jul 31, 2003
bigc said:
Yes!

I can go and help, I was worried it would be after I head up to London, but it's in my last week of residence here so I can go out with a bang.

Norman Baker, Paddy Ashdown, Charles Kennedy, Simon Hughes, your boys are gonna take one hell of a beating

:clap2:

Hasn't anyone thought how good this could also be for us, bearing in mind the Lib Dem's faltering under Ming the incompetent and the fact some people have given him till September to improve.

hmmm....faltering - I don't think so! You're right about falmer, wrong about the Lib Dems - result last night in what was safe Tory Bromley:

BROMLEY & CHISLEHURST

C hold

Bob Neill (C) 11,621 (40.00%, -11.11%)
Ben Abbotts (LD) 10,988 (37.82%, +17.52%)
Nigel Farage (UKIP) 2,347 (8.08%, +4.88%)
Rachel Reeves (Lab) 1,925 (6.63%, -15.57%)
Ann Garrett (Green) 811 (2.79%, -0.39%)
Paul Winnett (NF) 476 (1.64%)
John Hemming-Clarke (Ind) 442 (1.52%)
Steven Uncles (Eng Dem) 212 (0.73%)
John Cartwright (Loony) 132 (0.45%)
Nick Hadziannis (Ind) 65 (0.22%)
Anne Belsey (Money Reform) 33 (0.11%)

C maj 633 (2.18%)

14.32% swing C to LD
Electorate 71,818; Turnout 29,052 (40.45%, -24.37%)

2005: C maj 13,342 (28.92%) - Turnout 46,137 (64.82%) Forth (C) 23,583 (51.12%); Reeves (Lab) 10,241 (22.20%); Brooks (LD) 9,368 (20.30%); Hooper (UKIP) 1,475 (3.20%); Garrett (Green) 1,470 (3.19%)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
By-election results have never been a proper indicator of national opinion. When the chips are down in a General Election, they will all rush back to their usual parties.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Right its only about six weeks away now isnt it time to start planning what we are actually going to do and get people mobilised

Jameson

For the first time in ages something worth posting about. This is a one off lifetime opportunity to let those idiots know they cant f*** around with people like us. The protest needs to be loud, aggressive and attracting national interest and frighten the crap out of the politicians who are playing dangerous games with democracy. It needs to feel like York City at home in 1996 - but without the criminal damage. It needs to be organised with military precision and all the entrances to the town by road and rail need to make it very clear that they are not welcome and they better f*** right off. We need huge numbers with support from other clubs. Maybe a big festival type base on the Level or somewhere similar. No more parading up and down with players and DK - this has to be led by us and the club can distance themselves but point the finger and say to LDC this is what you have done. Bring it on.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
What if we start now, by bombarding their web site with your not welcome in Brighton messages. And keep it going right through until the conference.
Might give them a taster of what is to come?

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Jameson said:
For the first time in ages something worth posting about. This is a one off lifetime opportunity to let those idiots know they cant f*** around with people like us. The protest needs to be loud, aggressive and attracting national interest and frighten the crap out of the politicians who are playing dangerous games with democracy. It needs to feel like York City at home in 1996 - but without the criminal damage. It needs to be organised with military precision and all the entrances to the town by road and rail need to make it very clear that they are not welcome and they better f*** right off. We need huge numbers with support from other clubs. Maybe a big festival type base on the Level or somewhere similar. No more parading up and down with players and DK - this has to be led by us and the club can distance themselves but point the finger and say to LDC this is what you have done. Bring it on.
Sounds fair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here