Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lib Dem Conference, Brighton

BlueWhite

Dec 28, 2003
Now the LDC have made their position clear and the Falmer situation will be far from over by the Autumn- shouldn't we start planning for the Lib Dem conference in Brighton Saturday 16th to Thursday 21st 2006?

I remember in the Bellotti days a group seriously embarrassing the Lib leadership by a continual presence outside the Conference Hall- surely this time we can do even more. Two protest marches to (largely sympathetic) Labour Party conferences are one thing; marching to a conference whose party is trying to finish off our club is another: they won't like the publicity one little bit.

Ideas?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
as many posters / flyers handing out up that could make it on to national TV / Papers etc

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
It would be nice to turn it into some sort of Fans United event. Good to see as many different team colours down on the beach as possible to show the Lib Dems that it is a national issue.

Also choosing a good day and time will maximise numbers.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think you will find that the suppoorters of Brighton and Hove Albion will make their views to the liberal party at the conference.

Especially as our Party, the Seagulls Party is a one issue party aimed at defeating their candidates in Lewes

BRING IT ON

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
BlueWhite said:
Now the LDC have made their position clear and the Falmer situation will be far from over by the Autumn- shouldn't we start planning for the Lib Dem conference in Brighton Saturday 16th to Thursday 21st 2006?

September, I presume?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
We must march on their conference in greater numbers than we have ever marched anywhere. This autumn's Liberal Democrat Conference is a more important target than Focus DIY, and more important target than Mellor. We were the first football supporters to march on London and we will be the first football supporters to march on a Liberal Democrat Conference.

We must show these people up to the rest of the nation for the bunch of deceitful, corrupt, double crossing bastards that they really are.

I am called the Clown of Pevensey Bay because, in 1997, I dressed up as a clown and was driven round Pevensey Bay in a Volve shouting "Don't Vote For David Bellotti" from a loudhailer. It took just a small group of us to undo the political dreams of the person who was then the second-biggest enemy (after Archer) our club had ever had.

Imagine what tens of thousands of us can do to the entire Liberal Democrat Party.

We will fight them in the courtroom, we will fight them in the council chamber at every meeting, we will fight them on the promenade.

It's about more than football, it's about truth, honesty and justice in politics. WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER

2WWchurchill.JPG

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
:clap:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
BlueWhite said:
....shouldn't we start planning for the Lib Dem conference in Brighton Saturday 16th to Thursday 21st 2006?.....
What month?

I'm sure that fliers can be made up, I'm sure the Arsegas will get behind us, as usual.

BRING IT ON!!!!

Vote Blue and White, You know they're alright. ;) :rolleyes: :jester:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Is there a central point or person we can send ideas for protests/stunts to?

Would be loath to post some things on here in case we're being watched.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
LDC, I don't like them very much. I live in one of the only roads in Burgess Hill that comes under their juris-dick-tion. What were mother and father Biehn thinking:nono:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I will definitely come to any march, and I used to belong to the Lib Dems!

As it is a political conference the presence of the Seagulls Party has to be strong. Some sort of merchandise is in order to help raise funds for the fight ahead.

Besides, it will be a good warm-up for the council elections in Spring 2007.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Rather than fight them with violence, what about a mass conga around the Brighton centre. I am sure there would be enough people. Novel idea and might just get the big news people interested.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Caveman said:
That would appear we're just having a laugh, when we certainly aint.

Probably right, but maybe something more inventive than a march this time could raise the profile. What we don't want though is people getting carried away and showing the club up.

Instead of Brighton fans took to the streets again...

It would be...

Unusual scenes down at the Liberal Democrat conference...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here