Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lib Dem Conference 16-21 Sept - Our BEST EVER SHOT At Bringing Down LDC

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Lib Dem Conference 16-21 Sept

Presumably they are going to get some stick when they come to town this autumn ?

I imagine the dragged out fiasco caused by the Veggie woman and the Bastard will still be unresolved by then so a major print run of the poster will be the very minimum required.

Perhaps that f***ing ex Eastbourne MP will turn up and we can really have that bonfire.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Strange how it's worked out. Last two years it was Labour and now the Lib Dems, both when it was the most useful for us.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If we were in the Chat Room I could cue up an *evil laugh* sound.
But as we are here I will just have to make do with an enigmatic ???

...Bring on the Ming :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Must be worth another march.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wardywonderland said:
Must be worth another march.

Absolutely. Should be EXACTLY the same numbers, or prefereably MORE than on the Labour Party marches of previous years.

Embarrass the fuckers BIGTIME on national TV.

THIS HAS TO BE DONE.

IT'S THE ONE SINGLE CHANCE THIS YEAR TO DEEPLY SHAME LEWES DISTRICT COUNCIL ON BRIGHTON AND HOVE COUNCIL TURF - WHICH MEANS WE GET TO PLAY BY OUR RULES RATHER THAN THEIRS

THIS NEEDS TO BE BOOKED WITH THE POLICE AS AN OFFICIAL CONFERENCE MARCH

AND THIS THREAD, OR ONE LIKE IT, NEEDS TO BE BOUNCED UNTIL SEPTEMBER.

THIS IS THE OPENING WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR.

DON'T WASTE IT

DON'T GET MAD, GET EVEN

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can we not appeal against the Lib Dems holding their conference in Brighton?

I'm no NIMBY, but imagine the traffic congestion, pollution and litter that it will cause in our Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty that is the Kingswest Centre. And the potential thereof for increased Bat-Vehicle collisions.

It will turn OUR town into a no go area for a WHOLE WEEK, meaning the innocent people of Brighton will have their lives ruined. And those party members, well they're ALL complete charlatans, hippies, tree huggers, and they probably steal candy from children too, I imagine they'll probably drop litter AND piss on the seafront. Why should Brighton put up with that?

Whose fault is it that the LD party have nowhere else to play? Why can't they go to Waterhall for their conference or something like that?

Brighton has no Lib Dem MPs, they only hang around nasty places like Lewes, therefore I vote that we should oppose this decision to allow their conference to be held here, appeal to the full extent of the law, and then request a judicial review if we don't get what we want. It's OUR city, keep everyone else out, I say.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
edna krabappel said:
Can we not appeal against the Lib Dems holding their conference in Brighton?

Rubbish. How's that going to help us shame LDC? These vindictive masonic bastards need to know that they're a disgrace to their party, as well as tyhe electorate they pretend to represent. They need their political ambitions snuffing out, like they'd dearly love to snuff out our club.

Bring ON the LibDem conference - this could be the MAGIC MOMENT of protest that we've been waiting for. Make LDC SQUIRM! :clap2:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Tom Hark said:
Rubbish. How's that going to help us shame LDC? These vindictive masonic bastards need to know that they're a disgrace to their party, as well as tyhe electorate they pretend to represent. They need their political ambitions snuffing out, like they'd dearly love to snuff out our club.

Bring ON the LibDem conference - this could be the MAGIC MOMENT of protest that we've been waiting for. Make LDC SQUIRM! :clap2:

I think your understandable anger might have made you miss Edna's joke ......

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
:eek:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Our BEST EVER SHOT At Bringing Down LDC - PLEASE READ

Apologies for the CAPITALS, but somebody just had a brilliant idea. They hamstrung it by an insanely dull thread title (I mean DOH!) but it's here, and it represents a golden chance to shame LDC on national TV in our own manor and in our own manner.

This could be BIG!

How to bring down LDC - READ THIS

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Not another f***ing conference clogging up the streets and causing congestion mayhem.

If only there was some conveniently located conferecing facilities on the outskirts of town, somewhere with decent transport links, which ideally wouldn't cause too much disruption to the city.

Hey you know that big mass of wasted land between the universities at Falmer...

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Good idea, shame about the boring thread title.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
BRING ON THE MING :angry: :angry: :angry:

*assuming he makes it till September, that is*

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Re: Our BEST EVER SHOT At Bringing Down LDC - PLEASE READ

Tom Hark said:
...in our own manor and in our own manner.

... very neat Tom, very neat.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Last edited:

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I'm sure between now and Sept we can come up with some really original ideas for publicity during the Lib Dems conference.

It would be great if we could get local companies to boycott any Lib Dem delegate during the conference. Imagine if we could get Restaurants, Pubs, Taxis, Shops to have "Liberal Democrats not welcome" posters on the door!

I can't think the Lib Dems have ever had a protest march before at one of their conferences?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here