Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Dickinson

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
if we had picked him up for 75k like forster i wouldnt have a gripe because he always puts in the effort, but we payed 300k for him and he is on a pretty good contract from what i gather, he has produced NOTHING to suggest he is worth that, a fluke at huddersfield, a huge deflection against stockport and thats about it

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
if we had picked him up for 75k like forster i wouldnt have a gripe because he always puts in the effort, but we payed 300k for him and he is on a pretty good contract from what i gather, he has produced NOTHING to suggest he is worth that, a fluke at huddersfield, a huge deflection against stockport and thats about it

This

sam86

Feb 18, 2009

And kept us in the FA Cup, meaning 6000+ had a fun day out at the Villa :thumbsup:

That's his fee pretty much covered.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
And kept us in the FA Cup, meaning 6000+ had a fun day out at the Villa :thumbsup:

That's his fee pretty much covered.

Tis true. I know I started the thread moaning, but as I said, i dont think he is a terrible player, just not a striker. As a striker we paid loads for him to score goals, he hasnt really done it. How many in the league? I know that's because he doesnt start much, but theres a reason for that.

He has a chance with Forster out, so why not bust a gut to score goals and keep himself in the team?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Interesting stat about Liam Dickinson (according to the Orient matchday magazine)... he is both our most-fouled player and our player who has committed most fouls.

Basically, when the ball is near him, expect the whistle to go!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think Dickinson is very much a confidence player. Anyone else notice the little heart to heart Murray had with him by the side of the pitch yesterday, just before kick off?

Looked like Murray was trying to gee him up a bit, and maybe give him some confidence?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think Dickinson is also heavily influenced by the fouls given against him and not given for him. I know I've said it before, so sorry for repeating myself, but as a lanky guy his challenges look worse so he is often penalised when it just looks like he did something wrong even though he hasn't, and then with his size rough challenges don't look so bad.

This leads to him going over more dramatically to emphasise fouls (as well as traditional dives), and can frequently lead to him sulking as well and letting it affect his game.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Tis true. I know I started the thread moaning, but as I said, i dont think he is a terrible player, just not a striker. As a striker we paid loads for him to score goals, he hasnt really done it. How many in the league? I know that's because he doesnt start much, but theres a reason for that.

He has a chance with Forster out, so why not bust a gut to score goals and keep himself in the team?

Unfortunately, due to the injuries this season, he has started quite a few. 17 starts, 10 subs, and just 4 goals. Which obviously isn't good enough.

When you look at just last season -

Huddersfield Town in League One
- Starts: 13
- Goals: 6

Blackpool in Championship
- Starts: 5
- Goals: 4

He can't of just suddenly become completely shit. The key thing I think is that he was on loan at both those clubs, with not much pressure.

I think there's two things affecting him; confidence & the price tag on his head.

He's probably never been under as much pressure to score, in his whole career, than he is now.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Unfortunately, due to the injuries this season, he has started quite a few. 17 starts, 10 subs, and just 4 goals. Which obviously isn't good enough.

In the league. Couple more starts in the cup, which resulted in at least two more goals (without which we'd've been out of the cup at the hands of Rushden and Diamonds).

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
In the league. Couple more starts in the cup, which resulted in at least two more goals (without which we'd've been out of the cup at the hands of Rushden and Diamonds).

Was replying to Brett asking "How many in the league?", but yes, he has got a couple more in the FA Cup, from 3 starts :thumbsup:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I think Dickinson is very much a confidence player. Anyone else notice the little heart to heart Murray had with him by the side of the pitch yesterday, just before kick off?

Looked like Murray was trying to gee him up a bit, and maybe give him some confidence?

or he was helping him do up some bandage/tape thing around his wrist

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
We're using him and expecting him to be a target man but thats not really his game. He's much better with the ball at his feet, running at goal from deep. Not a back to goal player. Very frustrating how it doesnt stick with him up front but every players has good aspects and poor aspects to their games and we're not using his good aspects imo. I'd also start Murray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here