Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Dickinson signing for Barnsley

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Sorry to see him go. I know it didn't work out for him here, but i was an admirer of his not-oft-seen ability and his love-affair with carrying portly dames beachside before phoning in sick.
Barnsley is full of big women (my family are from Barnsely, so i know), but their rather high BNP vote means that a percentage of the locals won't enjoy seeing a black man shifting their heavyweights out of late night t'bars.

Quality MB. "shifting their heavyweights". Quality.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
£150,000 for Dickinson would be the best bit of business we do all summer. He has offered us sweet FA in his time here, which is not what you would expect from one of our most expensive signings of all time.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Happy with £150,000. Add to that the £250,000 we got for crofts and we should be looking to get in a top quality striker.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Great news if we have only lost £150k on the deal as it looked like we were going to write off £300k at one stage.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Well I'm sad to see him go. Think he could have done well this year.£150k isn't great either but not a disaster. We simply have to sign TWO strikers, end of story.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Wrong attitude seemingly. There is a very good player in there somewhere from what I have seen of past exploits and various performances for us. Ah well. Bit pee'd off that he didn't apply himself whilst here.

Shape up or ship out. Well done Gus. :clap:

despite all our other signings if we don't sign at least 2 quality strikers now we will be no better that mid table could'nt they have chucked Holroyd in as well

Wishful thinking! However if we would have thrown in Holroyd the fee would have gone DOWn!!

Good luck Liam sorry it didn't work out for you here.
Will be watching your career & wish you well for the future.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Wrong attitude seemingly. There is a very good player in there somewhere from what I have seen of past exploits and various performances for us. Ah well. Bit pee'd off that he didn't apply himself whilst here.

Shape up or ship out. Well done Gus. :clap:

Nicely summed up.

At least we've got a bit of cash for him. It'll be frustrating when he scores 10 or so goals in the Championship

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
150k & getting him off our wage bill is brilliant news. I'll vaguelly miss the "Here come the clowns" musical ditty (from The Goodies, circa '74) that used to go through my noodle whenever I saw his mahoosive feet, but I think I'll just about survive.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Best of luck to him but wage budget will be better spent elsewhere.

Its funny he didn't have a never say die attitude, but tried to apply himself whereever he was played - apart from the odd goal he managed my favourite contribution from him was unfortunately for a disallowed goal at Orient last season, playing out wide right he whipped a first time ball onto Murray's toe on the edge of the six yard box that should have given us a two goal lead.

Often showed he had class but it just didn't work out.

Best of luck though.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I hope he doesn't go

I honestly think he could be great for us under Gus with a team who play football how it should be played

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here