Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bridcutt was terrible tonight (merged)

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Passing was poor tonight mainly because we telegraphed the passing and we got caught trying to wait for the ball to come to us instead of going for the ball...we were too static. Ipswich chased every ball like a load of CMSs. But we are still in top 3 with the better goal difference but the sooner CMS ,Bruno and Crofts comes back the better.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Tbf Greer should have dealt with the ball and instead left it and got the bollocking he deserved from Tommy K.

I quite agree with that but it was a poor reaction from our Captain pushing Koosack away in the chest and giving him a right bollocking and then going back again for afters. He would have been sent off if it was one of their players.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
How strange, I reckoned he was one of our best players on both occasions for me the biggest weak links last night were Lua Lua who was totally ineffective, El-abd his distribution last night was back to the old pre-gus days. Hammond couldn't pass at all and Dobbie just didn't look like he was there at all.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
People groaned when Dicker came on but he was actually EXCELLENT. He is not attacking as such but he's that one notch up from defensive. He was always looking to play the ball to a winger or advance. He did the same on Saturday as well.

Certainly compliments Bridcutt a lot more than Hammond (who is not a bad player at all).

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
The last 2 games he has been very poor. His passing seems to have gone downhill and seems to panic when in possession. He was the weak link today. Other players gave the ball away but Bridcutt has a knack of giving it away in the worst area's. Our play is very much built around Bridcutt and i think teams have worked that out, put him under pressure and he really struggles to keep the ball. Apart from Brigde, Orlandi and Buckley i think we were poor tonight and were lucky to get the point

Nonsense. He was more Motm last night than Orlandi was. Yes, he may have lost the ball a couple of times but how many times did he win it back? Bridcutt is one of the few players playing consistently at the moment.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
It seems when he's the one defendive midfielder, he runs the show, just as he did against Barnsley. I noticed in the second half of last season, that when Navarro was there, and they shared/took turns in the defensive role, he wasn't quite so effective; not awful, but just not so effective.

The last couple of games the same things seems to be happening with Hammond dropping back as well, Bridcutt hasn't been quite as effective as he has been. I'd be inclined to push Hammond on a bit, if he's playing.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
I missed the game yesterday (working), but i think its a bit of a sad state of affairs when teams come and man-mark our holding midfielder. Its not like teams go to Barcelona and man-mark Biscuits. Watching Birmingham's number 15 follow Bridcutt about, he's prolly still following him around now!

:/

Watching Birmingham's number 15 follow Bridcutt about, he's prolly still following him around now!

:/

that might explain the suspicious look I got from LB while he was drawing some of his hard earned out of the cashpoint at Rottingdean last night, for the record Liam I wasn't about to cosh you, I was acting suspiciously because I wanted to get my hands on some of Tesco's 4 for a fiver but hadn't realised in my 'merry' state that it had gone 11:down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here