Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bridcutt was terrible tonight (merged)

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Not boasting, but I call the MOM right about 80% of the time. Tonight I thought it was gonna be either Bridcutt or Bridge. On a slightly different note, how about this for a suggestion, anyone who has a join date of 2011 or 2012 (and Withdean Wanderer) shouldn't be allowed to start a thread immediately after a disappointing game. I think then we'd all be happier.

Koosh MotM for me, just in front of AeA and Buckers. But for the save at the beginning of the 2nd half it would have been goodnight, game over. No idea how you or others rate Bridcutt as MoM, but that's a personal view. One thing I hope we agree on is ...."Orlandi???? WTF?"

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
Surprised at this thread, I thought Bridcutt did really well tonight and holds the team together every week. He always seems to retain possession. He cleans up.

I must be watching a different game to other people.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Surprised at this thread, I thought Bridcutt did really well tonight and holds the team together every week. He always seems to retain possession. He cleans up.

I must be watching a different game to other people.

This.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Tbf Greer should have dealt with the ball and instead left it and got the bollocking he deserved from Tommy K.
Greer and El Abd were pony tonight and we were lucky we did not conceed more goals. El Abd hit so many balls to the oppo and both him and Greer put teammates in trouble with short passes without looking.Having said that El Abd has not had many bad games. Hammond will be lucky to stay in the side once Crofts is back.Lua Lua missed the opportunity to get a run in the side, back to the bench next week with Buckley starting. Guess Gus will now be saying he wants a big centre forward again, but cannot for the life of me understand why Adgestein was not on the bench which was crowded with midfielders. Hope we are not going on a run like last year in October, but the next 5 games are really tough.However in Gus we trust.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
As for Hammond though - WOW. I had no idea it was possible for such an immobile, slow, skill-less, talentless, predictable, feeble, anonymous, boring piece of overrated shit to play in the second tier of English football. He runs like a 60-year-old man, he looks like he's constantly in slow motion, and just like he used to do five years ago he STILL goes missing for huge chunks of the game. He's a terrible, terrible player. He was bad on Saturday but tonight took the piss. He got caught in possession in dangerous areas twice in the first 15 minutes, and it went downhill from there. Gus must be seeking a career in comedy if he thinks Dicker deserved to be dropped and Hammond didn't. Get him f***ed off back to Southampton asap and play Crofts and Bridcutt with Dicker as first reserve.
:lolol:

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
Bridcutt was really poor? Not sure I saw that. I wouldn't say he's been at his best in the last two games, but he's certainly not been bad. I actually thought he gave the ball away more on Saturday than he did tonight. Tonight he was fine, without being great.

As for Hammond though - WOW. I had no idea it was possible for such an immobile, slow, skill-less, talentless, predictable, feeble, anonymous, boring piece of overrated shit to play in the second tier of English football. He runs like a 60-year-old man, he looks like he's constantly in slow motion, and just like he used to do five years ago he STILL goes missing for huge chunks of the game. He's a terrible, terrible player. He was bad on Saturday but tonight took the piss. He got caught in possession in dangerous areas twice in the first 15 minutes, and it went downhill from there. Gus must be seeking a career in comedy if he thinks Dicker deserved to be dropped and Hammond didn't. Get him f***ed off back to Southampton asap and play Crofts and Bridcutt with Dicker as first reserve.

I never thought I'd agree with anything TCB wrote on here but he's definitely right with this post!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Bridcutt was really poor? Not sure I saw that. I wouldn't say he's been at his best in the last two games, but he's certainly not been bad. I actually thought he gave the ball away more on Saturday than he did tonight. Tonight he was fine, without being great.

I agree entirely. He has this really terrible habit of getting the ball, deciding who he is going to pass to, then sticking with it no matter what. Fine if he plays the ball quickly, but he does not. First half he kept getting the ball, running diagonally towards the right, then trying to pass to Calderon, time and time again it was so predictable. His body shape tells the opposition exactly what he is going to do every time, and he is going to do it as slow as possible. Utter utter rubbish.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
As for Bridcutt being terrible, you people have no eyes. Calderon, Lua Lua, Hammond, El Abd and Greer definitely had worse games, probably Dobbie too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As for Bridcutt being terrible, you people have no eyes. Calderon, Lua Lua, Hammond, El Abd and Greer definitely had worse games, probably Dobbie too.

Saved me typing it

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Blimey. I agree with TCB as well. Why Hammond hasn't got his own thread of hate I don't know. All the other threads criticising other players, stem from us playing with only ten men. As Hammond seems to have a big affect on the team, and not in a good way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here