Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bridcutt was terrible tonight (merged)

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
The last 2 games he has been very poor. His passing seems to have gone downhill and seems to panic when in possession. He was the weak link today. Other players gave the ball away but Bridcutt has a knack of giving it away in the worst area's. Our play is very much built around Bridcutt and i think teams have worked that out, put him under pressure and he really struggles to keep the ball. Apart from Brigde, Orlandi and Buckley i think we were poor tonight and were lucky to get the point

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
The last 2 games he has been very poor. His passing seems to have gone downhill and seems to panic when in possession. He was the weak link today. Other players gave the ball away but Bridcutt has a knack of giving it away in the worst area's. Our play is very much built around Bridcutt and i think teams have worked that out, put him under pressure and he really struggles to keep the ball. Apart from Brigde, Orlandi and Buckley i think we were poor tonight and were lucky to get the point

i can instantly think of at least 5 players who were a lot worse than Bridders.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
two things have changed.

1. Brum and Ipswich both man marked Bridders from early on, because they have studied and learned how much goes through him when we play keepball early on.

2. hammond is p155ing Bridders off, because he is too similar. First game Hammond played he was mcuh more advanced, but he has dropped deeper and deeper every game to the point where he is geting in Liam's way.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wasn't his best game tonight but take Bridcutt out of that team and we'll finish in the bottom half. He does so much that people tend not to notice.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Hammond has been far and away the worst player on the pitch in the the last 3 games. Dunno what has happened after what seemed a really encouraging start.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
two things have changed.

1. Brum and Ipswich both man marked Bridders from early on, because they have studied and learned how much goes through him when we play keepball early on.

2. hammond is p155ing Bridders off, because he is too similar. First game Hammond played he was mcuh more advanced, but he has dropped deeper and deeper every game to the point where he is geting in Liam's way.

In a nutshell.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Hammond has been far and away the worst player on the pitch in the the last 2 games. Dunno what has happened after what seemed a really encouraging start.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Wasn't his best game tonight but take Bridcutt out of that team and we'll finish in the bottom half. He does so much that people tend not to notice.

I am certainly not a Bridcutt hater, but tonight was by far the worst i have ever seen from him. His pass completion stats must be shocking. I think having Hammond in the side has really unsettled him

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
Not sure we watched the same game! He worked his bloody socks off as usual not everything came off for him but how he does what he does against big and powerful players is beyond me.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Bridders always misplaces a few passes every game we have just been lucky that they haven't been punished thus far

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
I think he misses having a Navarro or Vincelot next to him who he knows will defend. Without one of these two he is more restricted as only real defensive midfielder

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Passing was below par, but he still provided a brilliant defensive shield and won nearly every 50/50 challenge.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton

I agree with this. As for Hammond.....now HE has been dog shit the last two games. Don't know why Dicker was dropped after having a decent game against Brum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here