Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Then they won’t get him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure. I think its a possibility he would go for £40m even if he might be worth more. How important was Dunk in keeping Brighton up in the Premier League these years? Pretty important, from what I've heard. So he probably played a huge part in the club making £300m or so. If he wants to play a couple of years in Chelsea I dont know if the club would really stop the deal because of the difference between £40m and £50m.

Last edited:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
If Dunk was already a Chelsea player, would Brighton spend 40 million on a 29 year old centre back? (Albeit one who knows the club inside out)

It’s a hard one. I would like to see us get towards the 50 mark and then I wouldn’t feel so bad about us losing our best player.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
so we've been told that a club source has been reported as saying he's '95% staying', the Sun have come out with an incredibly vague article that he *could* be leaving, and all of a sudden everyone believes the Sun :shrug:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’ve been expecting Dunk to leave ever since we signed Lallana and a lot was made of his leadership on the pitch. Twinned with the no marketing of Dunk at all in the new shirt etc. and it seemed the writing was on the wall.

If you throw in the mix the whole Chelsea fan thing together with the fact that he wouldn’t have to move home if he played for Chelsea then you can see the appeal for Dunk.

Chelsea look as though they want Rice but why not both? They are truly woeful at the back so Dunk and Rice would be a great move for them. And they are clearly ready to spend big now.

Also think Lampard is a great match for Dunk. Couldn’t see him playing for a foreign coach somehow.

It all seems like a great fit, provided the price is right, and I think if it is £40m+, maybe reaching £50m+ then Bloom will think that’s a great price for a player that is possibly 2-3 years away from starting to slow down. At the same time we are blessed with great strength at centre half.

All of that tells me it’s as good as a done deal, and we should wish Dunk all the best. What a player and what a man he has been for our club.

Is he a closet racist or something?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
so we've been told that a club source has been reported as saying he's '95% staying', the Sun have come out with an incredibly vague article that he *could* be leaving, and all of a sudden everyone believes the Sun :shrug:

The Argus are suggesting he is off too in today’s article. 40 million apparently

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The Argus are suggesting he is off too in today’s article. 40 million apparently

All that girl reporter is doing is the same as us, reading the internet to see what's being written out there, she is getting paid for copying and pasting. Awful truly awful rubbish. Not a single source or club quote. Pure :shit::shit::shit::shit::shit:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All that girl reporter is doing is the same as us, reading the internet to see what's being written out there, she is getting paid for copying and pasting. Awful truly awful rubbish. Not a single source or club quote. Pure :shit::shit::shit::shit::shit:

Fair enough I assumed it was Brian Owen :smile:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Local news reporting to a tee; a sad state of affairs but understandable as paper sales are virtually non-existent. She’s the regional audience and content reporter (whatever that is!). There are 4 stores on the Argus all which, as you’ve said, are rehashing news reports from other sources.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Journalism is dead as far as the Argus is concerned, full of second hand news and appalling grammar/errors. The Sun exclusive article yesterday has been quoted in a lot of the nationals as being accurate.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He's 29 in 3 months time. 40m is a decent price . We'd miss him but if you put 40m back into the team and you buy well that would push us on a bit.

Do reckon we will ship a lot more goals without him, just hope we are banging a lot more in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here