Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I'd rather get that young lad everybody's talking about from Leeds on loan!

Ha.

Id just want someone else around that has some Prem experience.

IF Dunk goes ... and Duffy id just like someone else in that has played at that level.

I’m sure Veltman and White and also Clarke would be capable but if not then we would have some issues.

It seems Chelsea are keen to loan him out and he was in the England squad last season so would be a good loan signing for a year to bridge the gap while White etc get up to speed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There will be a lot of wailing from Leeds if this happens.

And we can ask no more of Lewis Dunk. He has done his bit for the Albion, we must let him have his move and no doubt he'll be back in 3 years time anyway.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If this happens there are a few of us here who will be owed apologies.

A few of us called out issues with Matty Ryan’s performances this season and were utterly pilloried for daring to suggest we could improve the GK position.

Let's be clear. You said he "never makes a worldie". The week after he made the save of the season :lolol:

You also criticised our distribution from the back when Ryan is one of the statistical best at it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Papers also saying they want to spend £80 mill on Rice and £80mill on Chillwell

So £200 mill on 3 players .

Sounds unbelievable to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

As much as I hate to say it, I think Chilwell and Rice are further up their wish list, but the valuations at £80m have meant that they are moving onto Lewis at £40m plus add ons. Just guessing but I think it may be a good guess.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Lewis Dunk to Chelsea ...............

The S*n are reporting that a deal for Dunk to go to Chelsea for £40m is close.

That report really says little more than Dunk is
- “emerging as a leading candidate “
- Dunk is/was a Chelsea fan
- abramovitch will sanction big fees
- he will be sold if they match his value which they say is £40m -
- fans are worried he’s not advertising the kit.

No talks, no bid, no Bloom POV.

Dunk might well leave this window. This story really isn’t a new development- it merely says Chelsea are keen. So what ?

On other hand Bloom has been up til now pretty bullish about keeping players.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If it HAS to happen then £40m plus Tomori on loan for a year might make it easier.

No thanks. Not better than our other options, IMO.

In fact, if Ben White is not significantly better than Fikayo Tomori, we’d have been daft not to take Leeds’ second offer.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

They’ve already spent £90m on Werner and Ziyech, a transfer window spend of nearly £300m is quite hefty, but not out of the question, I guess Dunk at £40m represents a good deal if they’re splashing that much money.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It almost seems too fantastical to suggest, but imagine what a deal this would be if we lose Dunk, but potentially get Giroud or Tammy heading the other way.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Are you going to apologise every time he plays a good game then?

Or we just scrap the apologise bullshit and just accept that if you have controversial opinions some people are going to say "no, you are wrong".

Criticising a player is hardly controversial.

And it’s not to most people here. But there’s a small group (fan clubs and poster boys) who will leap to the defence of any player and shut down any discussion on the matter.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Let's be clear. You said he "never makes a worldie". The week after he made the save of the season :lolol:

You also criticised our distribution from the back when Ryan is one of the statistical best at it.

I laughed about that too and was the first to congratulate! It was a worldie as well. Hey I like Matty Ryan, lots to like. But for various reasons I do consider the GK position an area we could improve. The fact we’re being linked with top level GKs suggests I may not be entirely wrong.

So let’s see what happens. I support the decision of GP, Ashworth and Bloom as always.

Anyway back to Dunky...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It almost seems too fantastical to suggest, but imagine what a deal this would be if we lose Dunk, but potentially get Giroud or Tammy heading the other way.

We could really do with a striker of their quality. I've *always* wanted to see Giroud play for us.

That said we could sign Messi and I'd still miss Dunk. He's an absolute club legend.

Last edited:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

From what I’ve read Dunk is seen as the cheaper alternative to Rice as they planned to use Rice in defence.

The Chelsea fans seem quite keen on this happening. Mainly because, to quote, “he is Chels” And that bloody dog!

Will be a sad day for us but can’t begrudge him the move.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It seems to me that the club has a policy of NOT selling their important players regardless of the offer on the table. Remember the saga of Dale Stephens at the start of 2016/17 season when he asked to leave. Tony Bloom/the club dug their heels in and said no - Stephens got his shit together, knuckled down and got over it.

As for Lewis Dunk? Probably the same applies. We are in the process of building a strong squad with the aim of being a PL top ten side. Why on earth would you then want to get rid of your most valuable players who would be instrumental in achieving that aim?

The club I identify in doing the exact opposite to us is Southampton. The number of superb players they’ve let go in the last few years who could easily have made the Saints a powerhouse side is baffling - even more so when you consider who they replaced them with.

This wouldn’t be ‘getting rid’.....it’d be very much a case of allowing Dunk to try to achieve his ambitions. I don’t think we should stand in his way if that’s what he wants and the deal is a good one.

We’re gradually moving up the food chain but for now will be susceptible to our very best players being attractive to the top teams that can offer something we can’t (European football, more money, international chances etc). The great thing is now we’re clearly a much better attraction for players than we were even a couple of seasons ago and getting to a point where it’s perhaps ONLY the top 6 or so that we’re losing out to. Lallana is perhaps an example of that. It’s only those like the deluded Leeds fans that don’t realise this yet.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Respectfully disagree. I would be at a loss to explain why the club deem it necessary to replace MR unless, of course, he is being coveted by a bigger team playing in Europe. MR is in the top 5 keepers in the league. A timely reminder last night that Ederson is total junk and if he faced half pressure MR faced each game he’d have RSI from picking the ball out the net - IMO.

Interesting, Ryan in the top 5 keepers in the league, I’d like to know who the other 4 are that make up your top 5 and which 15 keepers you believe are inferior to Maty. In my opinion I could see a few reasons why the club would look to replace Ryan, his distribution is quite poor, regularly kicks the ball out of play, he doesn’t control his area from set pieces or corners, anything in or around the 6 yard box should be his but he stays rooted to the spot, he has a habit of being beaten at his near post. Obviously these are just my thoughts, but if we had any chance of signing Henderson I’d be delighted, this doesn’t mean I don’t like Ryan, but it would be like having the chance to sign Kante to replace Stephens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here