Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
As a poster said a page or two ago, there are more important things in life. I have a parent currently in an induced coma, so it was utterly stupid of me to get myself caught up in this crap.

I’m sorry to all I’ve offended, and I’ll be staying off here for a while as I don’t need the stress that ultimately I’ve probably brought on myself.
Genuine thanks to those (most of you) who haven’t resorted to abuse, and I’m sorry to those who just want to know ‘what I know and how I know’ - I’m sorry I can’t reveal everything for you. But like I said, it would’ve been better to stay quiet. Lesson learned. I thought I’d learnt it back in 2006 but hey ho!

See you next season NSC. :wave:

Oh and apologies for this one last obviously attention seeking post.

PM sent.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This has got Everton and West Ham all over it.

Sorry, wrong thread.

Or is it? ???

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Apparently listening to talksport today Lewis used to have a dog called Didier.
For me this means he's definitely off.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I don’t mind TS but left them out of my reliable journalism list.

The masters of hyperbole and lies.

In the next hour we have our good friend of the show, Pauuul Barba, who has some interesting SPECTACULAR news for us to discuss, WE cannn't wait for, THAT. Coming up superb, always good for news, keeps us informed we like that maaaan.

59 Minutes later,

Soooooooooooo we spoke to friend of the show Pauuuuuuuuuul Barba from BRRiton, this is what he said.

"No, no contact. We don't discuss tranfers"

There have it folks, Pauuuul Barba he gives it as it is. Friend of the show that man always honest.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hard to differentiate of which player would be the bigger loss (assuming White steps up). obvs, Dunk is much more of a present loss as our captain and star defender, but White potentially has years more and could even be better in the long term.

If we had to lose one, what is worse........... take the immediate hit of losing Dunk with a plethora of CB's at the club or the potential longer term hit of losing White?

I'm fairly certain they want to keep both of them. And given Bloom's track record you'd have to argue thats the most likely outcome.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
If he does go it won't be Chelsea , Arsenal will dwarf their offer in a attempt to finally find a way to beat us .

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This would be Lewis’ third club with the other being Bristol City.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24396925

He was substituted in a 2-4 Bristol City team victory over Carlisle for Aden Flint in 2013, Joe Bryan was also subbed on to the pitch along with big Marlon Harewood. Sam Baldock remained on the bench.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spielbericht/index/spielbericht/2332479

Bristol City wasn't 'his club' though any more than Leeds is Ben White's club. He was on loan.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
As a poster said a page or two ago, there are more important things in life. I have a parent currently in an induced coma, so it was utterly stupid of me to get myself caught up in this crap.

I’m sorry to all I’ve offended, and I’ll be staying off here for a while as I don’t need the stress that ultimately I’ve probably brought on myself.
Genuine thanks to those (most of you) who haven’t resorted to abuse, and I’m sorry to those who just want to know ‘what I know and how I know’ - I’m sorry I can’t reveal everything for you. But like I said, it would’ve been better to stay quiet. Lesson learned. I thought I’d learnt it back in 2006 but hey ho!

See you next season NSC. :wave:

Oh and apologies for this one last obviously attention seeking post.

And now Jam the Man has gone and FLOUNCED !!!!!!

Only joking. My best wishes to you and your family

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Obviously dont want the guy to leave, and im sure Tony will be doing all he can to keep him but if this does become the transfer window in which he goes then we're about as well prepared as possible for it. We'd have Webster, White, Burn, Clarke, Veltman, & Duffy as centre back options, and basically all of our transfer budget plus the Dunk fee to buy any option defensive upgrades.

This is probably Dunk's last chance at a big club move. If he doesnt go this summer, there's no way we'll sell in a January transfer window and then come the start of the next season he''ll be a few months off 30. Centre backs are obviously still in their prime at 30 but it starts to become too old for a top 6 club to invest money in.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'm fairly certain they want to keep both of them. And given Bloom's track record you'd have to argue thats the most likely outcome.

I'm sure they'd want to keep both, but in Dunks case, Bloom/Albion are also good in allowing people to go if a higher opportunity presents. And with Dunks service, I just don't see the club blocking it (even if technically they could hold him to contract)

They'd understand his stage of Career, European football, potential euros, the fact he supports Chelsea and I'd be 99% certain if the bid comes in that club thinks reasonable and it's not a stupid lowball offer, they won't stop him, and he would go..... If Dunk himself wanted to.

Chelsea make a formal acceptable offer, Dunk will be gone. Just hope they don't.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure they'd want to keep both, but in Dunks case, Bloom/Albion are also good in allowing people to go if a higher opportunity presents. And with Dunks service, I just don't see the club blocking it (even if technically they could hold him to contract)

They'd understand his stage of Career, European football, potential euros, the fact he supports Chelsea and I'd be 99% certain if the bid comes in that club thinks reasonable and it's not a stupid lowball offer, they won't stop him, and he would go..... If Dunk himself wanted to.

Chelsea make a formal acceptable offer, Dunk will be gone. Just hope they don't.

Exactly how I see it. Hopefully Dunk doesn’t want to go anywhere.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

But my point is I expect we want 45-50 million . They won’t offer that. They are already moaning about Rice’s price. Can’t see it happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
The Nathan Ake transfer will set the bar for what price tag Tony gives Lewis. Yes Ake is 3 years younger, but for me Dunk is the better player, we have no reason or want to sell & unlike Bournemouth we are still a Premier League club. Therefor I feel the transfer fee's paid should at least be very similar, or more for our player. £40 million plus or Lewis is going nowhere, & I think for that price Chelsea will look for someone younger.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If Lewis Dunk has the chance to go to a club like Chelsea , he will Want to go. It would be Delusional to think otherwise.
If he does go, have faith on what we have left in the CB department. Others will step up.
Also , I’m Still baffled why Arsenal aren’t all over Dunk. Hes been exactly What they need for the past three years.

Stumpy Tim

The Nathan Ake transfer will set the bar for what price tag Tony gives Lewis. Yes Ake is 3 years younger, but for me Dunk is the better player, we have no reason or want to sell & unlike Bournemouth we are still a Premier League club. Therefor I feel the transfer fee's paid should at least be very similar, or more for our player. £40 million plus or Lewis is going nowhere, & I think for that price Chelsea will look for someone younger.

Don't forget also that Bournemouth need to sell as they won't have the Premier League money next season, apart from the parachute payments. We are not desperate to sell

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here