Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I'm not sure if they were both this window but Werner cost £45m and Zycheck £40m (I believe these are the correct figures without bonuses and add ons). Add in the interest to Kai Havertz for about £80m how much could they reasonable have left for Dunk? AFAIK William will leave on a free and Pedro already has, most of their players that are surplus to requirements are not likely to command huge fees. Also, aren't they trying to sign Oblak from Athletico Madrid?

I know they're loaded, but that's four new potential marquee signings. Not saying enquiries haven't been made, just can't get my head around the fees. I also would say the Chelsea defence isn't all that bad overall, they're probably better than the sum of their parts.

Plus they are after Nick Pope from Burnley for a reported £40m. Must have deep pockets.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If Dunk does go to Chelsea I reckon Leeds fans will be more upset than us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want Dunk to stay just so they can hang their hat on BW singing for them a bit longer

Clowns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
JTM, I was looking for the source on Twitter but I’m blocked for some reason, is that you ?

I surely wouldn’t have blocked a fellow NSC’er! �� What could you have possibly said to upset me?
Let me know your handle and I’ll check.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He would massively improve Chelsea. He’s got another four seasons at his prime in him, at least.
He deserves the move. But it will be a massive loss, perhaps more because he’s the heartbeat of the team more than his defensive qualities. However, White and Clarke both deserve a chance after last season, and BDB and Webster both finished the season very impressively. Gutting if true but we will be okay imho, especially if we get a decent DM in.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Fulham in 2015 was pretty close - and there was last years Leicester/Maguire shenanigans which came to nothing. Of course half a dozen clubs are looking at Lewis Dunk as Al says.
And Bloom hasn't sold a player - for ££ or who wanted out - now for 6 years. Perhaps Dunk will put his hand up and that will be that.
But they want to keep him would be my guess. And its Duffy, Clarke, Ostigard who will be sold/loaned/offloaded. With Veltman, Webster, Dunk, Burn, White making the 25 squad. And O Hora and Hayden Roberts being this years new Ben White/Clarke style loanees to the EFL.

but we'll see.

We have a remarkable record of retaining our best players but if Chelsea met our valuation and Dunk wants to move on then imo we should not stand in his way of champions league football and possibly a push for a spot in the euros squad.

I think it’s important for clubs to balance protecting their interests and respecting the ambitions of the player as the last thing you want as a club of our size is a perception you are holding players back.

Personally I don’t think this will happen purely on the basis I can’t see a club meeting our valuation but stranger things have happened

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I can’t see any evidence on social media that Dunk to Chelsea is any different to the same story last year . Still unlikely unless Chelsea come up with what Btn would value him at which I would guess us around £40-45 million . Can’t see Chelsea paying that for him at his age . I may be wrong but unlikely .

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I think Dunk will go to Chelsea and I wish him good luck. He is just what they need.
I would suspect that discussions and planning have been going on for several months and that it would be very likely that the signing of Tariq Lamptey was linked in some way.
I doubt if the value of Dunk's transfer fee will be announced by either club.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Might chuck in a player or two of course, maybe even some relative unknowns that Ashworth is aware of...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think Dunk will go to Chelsea and I wish him good luck. He is just what they need.
I would suspect that discussions and planning have been going on for several months and that it would be very likely that the signing of Tariq Lamptey was linked in some way.

Nope - Chelsea wanted to keep Lamptey and offered him a deal - pretty sure no link, don’t think that’s often how football works, just how fans’ minds work.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Chalobah or Gallagher for instance are both miles off the first team but established England youth internationals.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Well it'd be a sorry day if he went. Of course the pot would be bolstered and our numbers at centreback are plenty, but the connection we have and what that brings to us won't be so easy to replace. You can find a defender as equally good, but one who will fling his head or form madly at any shot is somewhat about character as well as technique. That determination, that singlemindedness, we'd have to do without. I'm not saying keep him and deny this chance of his to take a step up, but i think we'd be foolish to see it as an easy process for someone equally meaningful to waltz in.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Lewis Dunk to Chelsea ...............

I feared this may be a possibility, this is what I posted when the Veltman story broke:

Conspiracy: Dunk doesn’t appear in any of the new kit photos does he? And now we get an experienced CB in...

Still a lot of variables here mind. Dunk not being in the new kit photos is an undoubtedly red flag though.

- Transfer fee. No way Bloom will get mugged off
- GP, maybe he will push to keep Dunk
- Maybe Bloom will block the move
- Maybe Dunk will want to stay. We’re an exciting club on the up. Who’s to say what happens if he flops at Chelsea.
- or the rumour is all BS

So no point bed wetting just yet.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

Lampteys contract ran down as he didnt renew it with them. There was no control or sway there. They either got a small fee from us as he only had 6 months left or nothing at the end of the season.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
IF this happened you would hope we’d get one of their CBs on season loan.
There’s an obvious one.....Timori

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Lewis Dunk to Chelsea ...............

IF this happened you would hope we’d get one of their CBs on season loan.
There’s an obvious one.....Timori

Or better, how about a swap deal for Tammy or Giroud?

I bet that would soften the blow for most of us...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here