Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It'll be sad to see him go, and it is always very high risk to sell your best defender / player.

But... he has earned his move.

We just need to show we are not a 1 man team.

White and Clarke will mitigate the loss, and I reckon we'll need to mitigate it further by using a substantial amount of the fee on buying a defensive midfielder.

It'll be best of luck to Lewis, I reckon.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I wasn’t over surprised with what they told me, but other rumours get posted all the time, so I didn’t give it much extra thought really. In truth I would be happy to be shot down.
If it’s proved to be wrong though, I’ll likely never post such a statement again. Being mugged off once was embarrassing, twice would be humiliating!

What actually is the rumour? That it’s happening? That they’ve made a bid? That they’re interested..? This is important bit whether it’s true or not...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I was told Bloom been offered some money to start paying back his loans etc but had declined as he wasn’t interested in taking any money out.
I got shot down on that one, and haven’t spoken to my source for it since!

Out of interest was being paid from his own company to himself, if so who offered it? Or was it another investor. I know it was now rubbish just interested as what you posted doesn't make sense and I also don't remember it.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Typical off season rumour with limited evidence of it being credible. However, the thought of Chelsea coming to play poker with our Tony, does make me relish it, if true!

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
If Lewis has to go the timing would be right I think he is a smashing player and deserves more of a shot at an international level, but we must get a big payday first. I would wish him well and follow his progress.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Keep calm everyone I've started building the scaffold just in case this all turns out to be doo doo ...

giphy.gif

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Would obviously prefer to keep hold of him but I wouldn't begrudge him moving there at all. It'd be his dream move, he would have a chance of winning trophies, playing European football and forcing his way back into the England fold. If that's what he wants to do and Chelsea are willing to pay the fee, good luck to him.

Agreed.
If he wants to go the club would not stand in the way and we have signed that brilliant CB from the mighty dirty Leeds.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Look at Southampton. Established Prem club, yet look at the players they've sold - Walcott, Bale, Oxlade- Chamberlain, Mane, Lallana, Lambert, Clyne, Alderweireld, Van Dijk, Luke Shaw, Wanyama, Schneiderlein, Tadic - the list goes on.

This isn't about losing Dunk - it's about planning for losing Dunk, and then executing that plan. You have to stay one step ahead, otherwise you're toast.

D

Deleted member 2719

Oh dear, this had to happen, it would be very sad to see him go, but he deserves everything he gets and I wouldn't begrudge him at all.
He also wouldn't ever go to Palarse.

We want big buck though.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I don't think we "need" the money but from now on I think we'll be selling more than we bring in and keeping a more compact squad we have significantly invested in the squad to stabilise ourselves now we have potentially done that we have players on loan and players who were mistakes like Locadia, Bernardo possibly Jahanbaksh who are on a fair bit who we will need to get rid of. I don't think this Lewis Dunk to Chelsea rumour has legs, I feel like they'll overlook him for a more fashionable option or a cheaper option. If we do sell won't be for anything less than £45m as the club know he's worth he's a far better player than Ake and Harry Maguire but only us Brighton fans know this. Also, Blooms comments are possibly in place to make the fans realise we won't be making lots of transfers rather than suggesting we're going to be selling our best players.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I've no doubt Chelsea, and many other clubs, may be interested in Lewis Dunk, and may or may not be considering a bid for him.

But then, as Paul Barber said on this week's Albion Roar, we always get interest in our players every week. And face it, this particular charade is now on its, what, fifth / sixth close season?

Fulham in 2015 was pretty close - and there was last years Leicester/Maguire shenanigans which came to nothing. Of course half a dozen clubs are looking at Lewis Dunk as Al says.
And Bloom hasn't sold a player - for ££ or who wanted out - now for 6 years. Perhaps Dunk will put his hand up and that will be that.
But they want to keep him would be my guess. And its Duffy, Clarke, Ostigard who will be sold/loaned/offloaded. With Veltman, Webster, Dunk, Burn, White making the 25 squad. And O Hora and Hayden Roberts being this years new Ben White/Clarke style loanees to the EFL.

but we'll see.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I'm going to go out on a limb here.

Very surprised if Chelsea are interested. Dunk has been invaluable for us and a legend in his own lifetime but I would imagine Chelsea would want more of a name, someone younger & someone cheaper than 35 to 45 million

A club like Chelsea.....no
A club like Everton.....yes

But good luck to him if Chesea want to take a punt on him for 45 million but I cant see it happening.

Phew, I dont think he would want to leave for Everton but you never know.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Out of interest was being paid from his own company to himself, if so who offered it? Or was it another investor. I know it was now rubbish just interested as what you posted doesn't make sense and I also don't remember it.

I can’t remember the detail to be honest as once it was disproved I disowned it.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
What actually is the rumour? That it’s happening? That they’ve made a bid? That they’re interested..? This is important bit whether it’s true or not...

I don’t know if there had been a bid. Was literally told what I posted earlier on NSC. It just seems to have come to a head over the last 24 hours.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I wasn’t over surprised with what they told me, but other rumours get posted all the time, so I didn’t give it much extra thought really. In truth I would be happy to be shot down.
If it’s proved to be wrong though, I’ll likely never post such a statement again. Being mugged off once was embarrassing, twice would be humiliating!

what was the other one?

asking for a friend

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I'm not sure if they were both this window but Werner cost £45m and Zycheck £40m (I believe these are the correct figures without bonuses and add ons). Add in the interest to Kai Havertz for about £80m how much could they reasonable have left for Dunk? AFAIK William will leave on a free and Pedro already has, most of their players that are surplus to requirements are not likely to command huge fees. Also, aren't they trying to sign Oblak from Athletico Madrid?

I know they're loaded, but that's four new potential marquee signings. Not saying enquiries haven't been made, just can't get my head around the fees. I also would say the Chelsea defence isn't all that bad overall, they're probably better than the sum of their parts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here