Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk to Arsenal?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Finally a thread where the united opinion is to stick to our guns and put proper money on our talent. I for one cannot understand the people thinking 200k was good business for Cook, or 1m good for Dunk or Bridcutt, or 600k good for Noone. BULLSHIT. We're a division higher now, they're competing at a higher level than EB did before his move to Norwich, we should be talking £2.5m for anyone with 18months+ on their contract. For Dunk/JFC, our two best prospects in a generation, we should be talking £5m, I don't understand why we'd accept less. "We don't have a reputable academy" makes f*** all difference. If Lionel Messi had come through the ranks at Worthing, would he be worth less because they haven't got an academy? You're selling the player, not the facilities he trained in as a kid. Dunk is a key player and a fantastic prospect, if EB is worth £1.5m and Oxocube is worth £12m, Dunk shouldn't be going anywhere for a penny less than £5m or we've been mugged off.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"We don't have a reputable academy" makes f*** all difference. If Lionel Messi had come through the ranks at Worthing, would he be worth less because they haven't got an academy? You're selling the player, not the facilities he trained in as a kid.
Indeed - in fact it's almost the opposite. If a player reaches level X without a great academy, they probably have more potential that someone who reached the same level within a top academy.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would grab any offer north of £1m plus sell on etc as we have a better replacement in El Abd and Grant Hall is improving. Add to this the rumour of a 19 yr old Centre Back from Falkirk and we are well covered.

Madness!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
All thuis talk of £3m is absolutlely absuird for an unproven 19 year old central defender with possible baggage., especially at the moment until the situation is fully clarrified.

£5M actually...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I've just been chatting to Lewis's girlfriend, and asked if he wanted to stay. She said nothing. She is however looking forward to Palace, and I told her to make sure he knew it was a bigger deal than Newcastle.

Worrying... but he ain't going anywhere until the summer with a serious charge hanging over him...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So he could be cleared by the end of January (incorrect), he made his U21 debut (incorrect, he didn't get on), he's available for £2m (incorrect).

Otherwise, very accurate

Tim re the cleared by Jan thing - I thought you could get cleared etc even if you have bail until March?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We obviously disagree on his worth to BHA on the field. I would sooner have Greer and El Abd together in the centre of defence at the moment as I think that they are better players in all avenues of their game. Perhaps he will get better with experience but then again so may Hall or anybody else.

Dear BG - it is not (just) his worth to us... it is what a buying club are willing to pay!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Finally a thread where the united opinion is to stick to our guns and put proper money on our talent. I for one cannot understand the people thinking 200k was good business for Cook, or 1m good for Dunk or Bridcutt, or 600k good for Noone. BULLSHIT. We're a division higher now, they're competing at a higher level than EB did before his move to Norwich, we should be talking £2.5m for anyone with 18months+ on their contract. For Dunk/JFC, our two best prospects in a generation, we should be talking £5m, I don't understand why we'd accept less. "We don't have a reputable academy" makes f*** all difference. If Lionel Messi had come through the ranks at Worthing, would he be worth less because they haven't got an academy? You're selling the player, not the facilities he trained in as a kid. Dunk is a key player and a fantastic prospect, if EB is worth £1.5m and Oxocube is worth £12m, Dunk shouldn't be going anywhere for a penny less than £5m or we've been mugged off.

That is such a brilliant post... BG listen up... more importantly, Tony & Gus, who made a mistake with the Cookie monster IMHO...

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
If Nathan Clyne at Palace is valued at £3 million to Man Utd having played over 100 games there is no way Lewis Dunk is worth over that figure.

Have the Albion become a selling club?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here