Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk to Arsenal?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So after not even one full season in the Championship he's attracting attention from the likes of Arsenal. Hmmm

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Believe this if you must but can't see it , they already have 3 good c/b.

firstly thats debatable, secondly after that the cupboard is bare with all the understudies been found wanting. at least Dunk has experience.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I don't think £2m is that much of an insult for someone who has played less than what, 30 games for us? We don't have a history of churning out Premiership talent like Southampton and so aren't going to be able to command the fees they do.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Not a cats hell of a chance. Not good enough (yet) for top half of prem and with whats going on in his private life, no club will touch him.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Won't happen when he's on bail so safe until the summer I'd have thought.

Very much this... and £5M min... if more than one club interested, then price goes up...

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
If Dunk went to Arsenal, he's got to dislodge 1 of the 3 c/b who are better than him, this won't happen, Wenger won't pick him and most likely he'd be sent out on loan (usually meaning under Wenger 1 or 2 seasons at another couple of clubs then sold off). P/L clubs are killing young English talent by buying them up at a young age then not playing them and burying them in reserve teams.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would grab any offer north of £1m plus sell on etc as we have a better replacement in El Abd and Grant Hall is improving. Add to this the rumour of a 19 yr old Centre Back from Falkirk and we are well covered.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All thuis talk of £3m is absolutlely absuird for an unproven 19 year old central defender with possible baggage., especially at the moment until the situation is fully clarrified.

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
All thuis talk of £3m is absolutlely absuird for an unproven 19 year old central defender with possible baggage.

We're not now in a position that we have to sell our best talent. We should set an inflated price and if it isn't met then he stays. Otherwise it's up to the player to force the issue by handing in a request

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I would grab any offer north of £1m plus sell on etc as we have a better replacement in El Abd and Grant Hall is improving. Add to this the rumour of a 19 yr old Centre Back from Falkirk and we are well covered.

Reading stuff like this gives me serious concerns about reaching old age, serious I say!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've just been chatting to Lewis's girlfriend, and asked if he wanted to stay. She said nothing. She is however looking forward to Palace, and I told her to make sure he knew it was a bigger deal than Newcastle.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We obviously disagree on his worth to BHA on the field. I would sooner have Greer and El Abd together in the centre of defence at the moment as I think that they are better players in all avenues of their game. Perhaps he will get better with experience but then again so may Hall or anybody else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here