Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes -v- Albion

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I'll have my 6 year old son with me. Can someone recommend a pub with Harveys that's child friendly.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I might pop down and see you all after work tommorow;)

what was going on at the rainbow then lord B
For years it had been a crap pub where the 17 year olds gathered while waiting for the fighting to kick off outside the kebab shop over the road.

Time was (when Derek and Maureen ran the place) that I used to have lunch there every day. But even they were having trouble as the place slid downhill in the evenings.

Jan 30, 2008
For years it had been a crap pub where the 17 year olds gathered while waiting for the fighting to kick off outside the kebab shop over the road.

Time was (when Derek and Maureen ran the place) that I used to have lunch there every day. But even they were having trouble as the place slid downhill in the evenings.
are you talking about the pub when it had the back bar ??

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I have to say that the Rainbow has had a reputation of being a bit 'iffy' for a number of years, going back to mid 70s when I was at Priory.

I used to go in the back bar sometimes in the mid 80s but grew out of it; and in latter years Lord B's characterisation is spot on.

But I can't help feel but sad that another pub has bitten the dust.

are you talking about the pub when it had the back bar ??
Yep. The back bar and the front bar might just as well have been separate establishments. There was no way to walk between them, other than along the twitten and in through the other main door. And once they had made their minds up about which bar they used, I don't think any customers EVER ventured into the other bar.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are there any buses that go from Brighton to near to the ground/station. As i geta free bus pass wife wanted to drop me near a bus stop and go to ASDA then pick me up after the game in Brighton.

black night

Dec 25, 2006
Are there any buses that go from Brighton to near to the ground/station. As i geta free bus pass wife wanted to drop me near a bus stop and go to ASDA then pick me up after the game in Brighton.

only just seen this mesage brighton to lewes bus wil stop by the court . opp white hotel . 3 min walk

Get the 28, 29 or 29A (every fifteen minutes) to Lewes Law Courts (get off opposite the White Hart) and walk down Station Street, past the Royal Oak, the Lansdown and the Station itself. Turn left into Mountfield Road and there's the Dripping Pan.

About 7 minutes walk from the bus stop for the non-drinker. A couple of hours if you want to call into all of the pubs.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I visited the Royal Oak this week and was surprised that the landlord knew me by name. Turned out he was one of the kids in a team I used to coach many years ago.

Bloody nice bloke so pop in & say hello to Pat.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Kerry Mayo was handed another chance to earn himself a new deal with Albion after being named in the starting line-up for today’s clash with Lewes.

Mayo, who was released at the end of last season, lined up at left-back as the Seagulls looked to continue their winning run after beating fellow Sussex sides Worthing, Bognor and Burgess Hill in the last week.

Adam Virgo was handed the No. 10 shirt which suggested he would lead the attack alongside Nicky Forster.

There was no place in the Lewes squad for former Albion captain Danny Cullip who joined the club this week. Cullip is still working on his fitness after missing the start of pre-season training.

Trialist Craig Jenkins was handed another start while former Seagull Danny Davis also got an opportunity in midfield.

Albion: John Sullivan, Andrew Whing, Kerry Mayo, Colin Hawkins, Joel Lynch, David Livermore, Dean Cox, Steven Thomson, Nicky Forster, Adam Virgo, Kevin McLeod. Subs: Tommy Fraser, Tommy Elphick, Jake Robinson, Joe Gatting, Doug Loft, Kane Wills, Sam Gargan, Kane Louis, Dan Royce, Paul Crichton.

So where is American bloke?

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Where is Glenn Murray?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here