Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes -v- Albion

Dandyman

In London village.
I'm less worried about Martin Elliott's ideas for the Convent Field (which can be seen through and stopped) than I am about his schemes for the Bus Station and the Harvey's Depot site in Pinwell Lane - the Council seems to be bending over backwards to encourage him.

As for the Phoenix Development ... my guess is that this will fall into the box marked "too difficult", especially with the collapse of the market for new housing development.

Pinwell Lane looks a nightmare from what I've seen of the plans - classic example of LDC double standards methinks.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
They allowed us to take our beers out onto the terraces at Bognor on Tuesday...Which was nice.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

At the REMF match the bar staff said that Bognor was now the only Sussex club left with special dispensation allowing them to have beer served and carried out of the club house.

They said that due to the upgrading of the ground and new conference league status they had lost the right to have beer drinking on the terrace. In fact at league games I think they said the bar had to close during the game.

The sad part was if Lewes are relegated (which I hope does not happen) they stated they do not get the right to go back to the old bar/beer/terrace/harveys outside scenario. :(

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
At the REMF match the bar staff said that Bognor was now the only Sussex club left with special dispensation allowing them to have beer served and carried out of the club house.

They said that due to the upgrading of the ground and new conference league status they had lost the right to have beer drinking on the terrace. In fact at league games I think they said the bar had to close during the game.

The sad part was if Lewes are relegated (which I hope does not happen) they stated they do not get the right to go back to the old bar/beer/terrace/harveys outside scenario. :(

Bar, beer, sausage and terrace is all the rage in the Bundesliga.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Bar, beer, sausage and terrace is all the rage in the Bundesliga.

Yes saw Hamburg the other year, terracing at each end of one of the best modern staduims I have ever been in, great beer, comedy blind drunk mulleted denim badged covered jacketed fighting germans and the biggest pretsels I have ever seen (and eaten) in my life.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Please educate an oldie as to why you could have a beer and watch the football at Burgess Hill and also take your beer outside at Worthing. Is there a pub local to the ground that sells decent bitter like London Pride as opposed to that Harveys rubbish. Burgess Hill had London Pride but it was Keg Pride not from the engine.

Is there a pub local to the ground that sells decent bitter like London Pride as opposed to that Harveys rubbish.
The Rainbow?

Ooops ... it's just closed down permanently.

Best you try the Royal Oak. It used to sell Harvey's until Greene King decided not to cater for local tastes.

Pretty much every pub within easy walking distance of the Dripping Pan has Harvey's available.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Nicolau and Ash Robinson have been told they are RUBBISH and let go. So its all up to the USA half back defence patroller Greg Folks to make a name for himself - HUSSLE

Murray, Kuipers, Fogden and Dixon out through injury

Mayo and Sullivan have recovered from injuries

Last edited:

Please educate an oldie as to why you could have a beer and watch the football at Burgess Hill and also take your beer outside at Worthing. Is there a pub local to the ground that sells decent bitter like London Pride as opposed to that Harveys rubbish. Burgess Hill had London Pride but it was Keg Pride not from the engine.

Pride has got worse over the years, not as good as it used to be, Harvey's Best seems to be as good as ever.

its got too big for its boots and full of too many gayers having sex in bushes as innocent children walk on by whilst watching the very friendly sailors dance on the parade float next to 2 mummies kissing each other

That's Brighton Pride, not London Pride!;)

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
Nicolau and Ash Robinson have been told they are RUBBISH and let go. So its all up to the USA half back defence patroller Greg Folks to make a name for himself - HUSSLE

Murray, Kuipers, Fogden and Dixon out through injury

Mayo and Sullivan have recovered from injuries

Should we read too much into the fact Folks doesn't appear to be in the squad? ???

Sullivan Back In Goal | Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest | Latest

Albion from: Sullivan, El-Abd, Virgo, Lynch, Cox, Thomson, Fraser, McLeod, Forster, Whing, Elphick, Hawkins, Mayo, Robinson, Gatting, Livermore, Hart, Loft, Wills, Gargan, Louis, Royce, Pearson.

Jan 30, 2008
The Rainbow?

Ooops ... it's just closed down permanently.

Best you try the Royal Oak. It used to sell Harvey's until Greene King decided not to cater for local tastes.

Pretty much every pub within easy walking distance of the Dripping Pan has Harvey's available.
what was going on at the rainbow then lord B

Jan 30, 2008
its got too big for its boots and full of too many gayers having sex in bushes as innocent children walk on by whilst watching the very friendly sailors dance on the parade float next to 2 mummies kissing each other
BAN GAY PRIDE kiss::safeway2::nono:...............:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here