Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes -v- Albion

Bad news from http://www.lewesfc.com

As the Brighton game is a designated game, new legislation does not allow the club to permit drinking on the terraces this Saturday. The bar will be open, but the blinds will be down and no spectating from the bar will be permitted. Drink will not be allowed to be taken outside during the game.

http://www.lewesfc.com/news/story.php?storyID=213

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
no harveys on terraces? i might just KILL myself....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hope the Lewes bar is a bit better geared up to selling the punters beer than Worthing was. Queues six deep at the bar meant you either had to miss out on a sizeable chunk of the game or miss out on the beer. Still, no contest really :cheers:

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Hope the Lewes bar is a bit better geared up to selling the punters beer than Worthing was. Queues six deep at the bar meant you either had to miss out on a sizeable chunk of the game or miss out on the beer. Still, no contest really :cheers:

If they have not improved on last season the Harveys will run out before half time and you will have to wait ages at the bar as the twat of a bar manager only puts two bar staff on whether there is 200 people there or 2000.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If they have not improved on last season the Harveys will run out before half time and you will have to wait ages at the bar as the twat of a bar manager only puts two bar staff on whether there is 200 people there or 2000.

Oh well, Lewes FC's loss. You'd think the club might actually want to cash in a bit on a fairly sizeable money-spinner of a game. Maybe not :shrug:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Bad news from http://www.lewesfc.com

As the Brighton game is a designated game, new legislation does not allow the club to permit drinking on the terraces this Saturday. The bar will be open, but the blinds will be down and no spectating from the bar will be permitted. Drink will not be allowed to be taken outside during the game.

http://www.lewesfc.com/news/story.php?storyID=213

Feck.

Hooray for The Gardners, I suppose. And The Lansdowne. And the Lewes Arms. And The Swan. And the John Harvey Tavern.

Legislation, eh? Shit it.

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Oh well, Lewes FC's loss. You'd think the club might actually want to cash in a bit on a fairly sizeable money-spinner of a game. Maybe not :shrug:

Kevin Keehan has brought so much money in with his contacts that we don't need bar takings. :laugh::laugh::laugh::angry::angry:

Quite. No need for a person to ever go thirsty for lack of good beer in that particular town.

I take it we may see you in the Gardeners on Saturday then.

Dandyman

In London village.
Kevin Keehan has brought so much money in with his contacts that we don't need bar takings. :laugh::laugh::laugh::angry::angry:

I take it we may see you in the Gardeners on Saturday then.

I suspect the GDC ale trail may well take in Swindon's Lewes outpost as well. ;)

Dandyman

In London village.
we ve beat the council twats
now time to take the town

we got famer
we got falmer

..................................................................................................

The Community Stadium was strongly supported by the Rooks and many others in Lewes. The LDC planning committe seems to be lead by people from Peacehaven as far I can work out.

The Community Stadium was strongly supported by the Rooks and many others in Lewes. The LDC planning committe seems to be lead by people from Peacehaven as far I can work out.
Indeed.

Happily the Peacehaven clique on LDC got their come-uppance at last year's council elections.

That's not to say that everything in Lewes is hunkydory on the planning and development front, of course.

Dandyman

In London village.
What are they up to now Lord B?

Phoenix development and Martin Elliot's scheming over the Convent Fields are two that I can think of, apart from the overall issue of how much development a small county town can sustain without being turned into Crawley.

Phoenix development and Martin Elliot's scheming over the Convent Fields are two that I can think of, apart from the overall issue of how much development a small county town can sustain without being turned into Crawley.
I'm less worried about Martin Elliott's ideas for the Convent Field (which can be seen through and stopped) than I am about his schemes for the Bus Station and the Harvey's Depot site in Pinwell Lane - the Council seems to be bending over backwards to encourage him.

As for the Phoenix Development ... my guess is that this will fall into the box marked "too difficult", especially with the collapse of the market for new housing development.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here