Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes DC reaction

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Is there a sweepstake for how many days after 10 days that they ACTUALLY decide? Can I take 41 days please?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
We all know their position.They are total oxygen wasters the lot of them.What else could they do to show their tiny political existence if the Falmer issue wasn't there?Looking after doggie bins and such carries less kudos,I think.Doing things that might be more productive to the people of Lewes district seems beyond their intellectual ambit.

They will appeal as late as possible,stretch things out as long as possible,waste as much of the people of Lewes's money as possible..........and at the end of the day they will still lose.

LDC..............Losers.

Don't disband the Seagulls party too soon!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They will lose, thank God they're not wasting MY money in their Canute like forlorn attempts to turn back the tide, trouble is they probably believe they can

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Technically they can appeal, but only if they have grounds to appeal. They cant appeal soley cos they dont like the decision.

So assuming that this time everything has been done correctly, then they are screwed. But they will wait the full 6 weeks before they admit they are screwed and then probably include weasal words such as they need to work with club in mitigating the impact this stadium will have on Falmer and the adjoing area of outstanding natural beauty. Or something like that.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think its fair to say that they will wait the full 6 weeks and they have to be seen to be doing "something" for the "benefit" of the Falmer village residents.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I think its fair to say that they will wait the full 6 weeks and they have to be seen to be doing "something" for the "benefit" of the Falmer village residents.

why? they've done nothing for the rest of the residents they are supposed to represent or Newhaven residents when they gave permission for the Incinerator. What gives the village idiots of Falmer the power to think that they are the most important people in Lewes. :angry:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The antis are falling away like anything.

I'm gonna make a prediction and £10 to the REMF if I'm wrong - Lewes will not appeal the decision but will make some mealy-mouthed response about having won the moral argument.

Cackbadgers.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Waterhall is probably a better site.

What?

:)lolol:)

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I really don't want to start celebrating until LDC make their position clear.

Then I can get the champagne out.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
nothing will suprise me, if everything been done properly then it will be water tight. If its not water tight again then someone needs sacking

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Appeal?? surely they want to yes....
BUT, On what grounds? Surely this must be done and dusted this time round as it's already had 3 public equiries and we are back to the same outcome.
They must surely accept defeat like the South downs joint committee instead of f***ing around for the hell of it.

Phil Beldon, countryside services manager of the South downs Joint Committee, said: "Our initial response is our concern about the impact of the building on the edge of an area of outstanding natural beauty.

"A democratic decision has now been made and the next move is to ensure any development is done with sensitivity.

Tim Carder, of the Brighton and Hove Albion supporters' club, said: "I am delighted - let's hope it is full steam ahead.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Sounds like Norman Baker has thrown in the towel anyway, Well done Norman you know it makes sense.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Lewes DC are disappointed at the decision and will take advice and state their position in 10 days time

I can well believe it - I'm still trying to get through that decision!!

Although from what I've read so far - it appears there are many t's crossed and i's dotted so far...and I'm scratching my head as to what they may find....but I'm only half way through...I need a cuppa after each few paragraphs to stop my brain melting!! :lol::lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here