Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes DC - councillor's email responses

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
David Neighbour - it's laughable. I was an Albion fan until they sold their ground. Yes David. Cos we'd all do that, wouldn't we. Change your club affiliation after some money-grabbing chairman twat sold the ground.

Just say you don't like football and you've only ever taken a passing interest in the Albion as they're local. It's fine, you can still have your point of view. And some credibility.

I sent one of the councillors an email with some comments on the situation and requesting his views on why he thinks the decision by LDC is acceptable.

His response?

"Your views and mine are so diverse it is not worth the dialogue."

Have a guess which one it was.

So I have replied, stating that it's important to me to understand hiis views on the decision, and why he thinks it's acceptable for this decision to be taken without consulting the public. I also pointed out that whether or not we agree is neither here nor there.

Oh, and I copied in all the big bods Lord B listed elsewhere.

Last edited:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Ccider said:
Thank you for your e-mail would you please contact the Leader of the Council Cllr Ann De Vecchi who is our spokesperson on our befalf.
Clle Jo Lewry

:rolleyes:

Can you hear Ann de Vecchi speak?
Only I can't hear a f***ing thing from that direction.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
I sent one of the councillors an email with some comments on the situation and requesting his views on why he thinks the decision by LDC is acceptable.

His response?

"Your views and mine are so diverse it is not worth the dialogue."
Seriously, that is an absolutely outrageous response from a councillor. Dismissive, arrogant and downright rude. These people need reminding that THEY are there to serve and represent US.

I'd send that arseholes response to the Argus, see if they'll publish it.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Easy 10 said:
Seriously, that is an absolutely outrageous response from a councillor. Dismissive, arrogant and downright rude. These people need reminding that THEY are there to serve and represent US.

I agree. That is insulting.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
I will wait to see if I get a response tomorrow and if not I will be writing to the Argus.

Rightly so thats an awful thing for him to say, especially seeing as they are supposed to be representing their constituants and taking everyones views into account :nono:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Easy 10 said:

We need an Argus journo (are you awake Ben?) to gather all of the LDC responses, no replies and the downright insulting ones and make a story of it. It'll show that these twats on LDC are arrogant, unfit for public office and more seriously, unfit to have control of public spending of any fashion. It should also show them to be sucking up to the queen bitches heading this campaign against The Albion.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Bwian said:
We need an Argus journo (are you awake Ben?) to gather all of the LDC responses, no replies and the downright insulting ones and make a story of it. It'll show that these twats on LDC are arrogant, unfit for public office and more seriously, unfit to have control of public spending of any fashion. It should also show them to be sucking up to the queen bitches heading this campaign against The Albion.
I'd be careful about shouting too loud there.

For every snotty reply or non-reply from Lewes District Councillors, there is almost certainly another message or email TO the Lewes Councillors from some hothead calling them (understandably) several kinds of wanker.

Sorry about the serious reply there.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The Large One said:
I'd be careful about shouting too loud there.

For every snotty reply or non-reply from Lewes District Councillors, there is almost certainly another message or email TO the Lewes Councillors from some hothead calling them (understandably) several kinds of wanker.

Sorry about the serious reply there.

That is an issue I hadn't thought about-go back to sleep Ben!

Good job there are some level heads on here...

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
I got this response

Dear Marc,
Thank you for your E mail and your comments I understand your frustrations and annoyance over the descision and they have been duly noted, I was unable to attend the meeting of the cabinet although I am now aware of their decision,please if you have any concerns or questions you would like answered send e mail to sarah.neild@lewes.gov.uk where I am informed she willbe responsible for any further correspondance at this time.
Yours Sincerely
Tracy Willis

So by all accounts all enquiries need to go to:-

sarah.neild@lewes.gov.uk

E-Mail Sent

Dandyman

In London village.
"Had the figure you are alleging had been put before Councillors to consider, actually formed the basis of our discussions, there would have had to have been a different course of action, given that £25,000 I understand is the maximum amount of expenditure on a single item that LDC Cabinet are able to commit to without calling a full meeting of the Council."

Just looked at that quote again.

If that is right, it means that if the go ahead for a review were given then as the costs (or liabilities) are likely to exceed £25K the full Council rather than just the Cabinet would need to vote on it.

Does anyone know if that is correct ?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Easy 10 said:

I agree it is insulting. I have been on the same sort of reply from the South Downs Conservation Board on another matter.

I think this was the branch based in Lewes as well.

When I had to go to Lewes recently in a legal dispute, I was sort of worried as I thought there must be something in the beer that makes the people in the town horrid. However, most of the people seemed friendly enough.

I tend to think that the snobs from Guildford are a bit worse than Lewes but it is a close run thing.

Redhead said:
I got this response

Dear Marc,
Thank you for your E mail and your comments I understand your frustrations and annoyance over the descision and they have been duly noted, I was unable to attend the meeting of the cabinet although I am now aware of their decision,please if you have any concerns or questions you would like answered send e mail to sarah.neild@lewes.gov.uk where I am informed she willbe responsible for any further correspondance at this time.
Yours Sincerely
Tracy Willis

So by all accounts all enquiries need to go to:-

sarah.neild@lewes.gov.uk

E-Mail Sent

Don't fall for this disgraceful ploy by Lewes DC !

They seem to have taken a decision that Sarah Neild will be the ONLY person dealing with e-mails. Councillors have been asked to pass all e-mails received to Sarah Neild. It gets them off the hook.

You will get a reply like this:-

Thank you for your email communication about the legal challenge to John Prescott's decision on the planning application for Falmer Stadium.

We have received many emails, some of which contained general comments for or against the decision and some of which contained questions.

All emails we have received have been preserved for future reference. Because many emails contained similar questions, we are progressively publishing the answers on our website. If further questions come in, the answers will also be published on our website.

You can find the answers by going to our website www.lewes.gov.uk and choosing the 'Falmer decision' item in the 'Popular Pages' section. That will take you immediately to the 'Frequently Asked Questions section. You can also find any press releases that the Council issues on the website.

Don't accept this. If you have written to a Councillor and received a reply from Sarah Neild, then write AGAIN to the Councillor asking for a proper reply to your message.

And copy the Chief Executive into the correspondence as well:-
john.crawford@lewes.gov.uk

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
trueblue said:
All together now :

"Neighbours... everybody needs a good Neighbour"...unless it's that c*nt.

What a dick.

How many years do you get nowadays for beating that little shit to a pulp?:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
More drivel from Baker:

Dear Mr Of Pevensey Bay (he writes),

Thank you for your e-mail. I should perhaps make it clear that the
decision to take legal action was taken by Lewes District Council
without any involvment from me. I was not at the meeting when the
decision was taken and have not seen the confidential report they
considered at the meeting. I assume that they believe they have a strong
case in law.

I have always believed Falmer to be the wrong site for the proposed
stadium and still do, but insofar as the latest decision goes, can I
suggest that you contact the council.

Incidentally, I understand that the council's decision to seek legal
redress was unanimous across parties.

As regards my comments as reported in the Argus, I am afraid that I have
never accepted that, were Falmer not to go ahead, the club would die. If
I did accept that, I might have a different view on matters. This
position is one I articulated at the original public inquiry when I gave
evidence. The club does seem to veer between saying a multi-million
pound scheme can be afforded on the one hand, and threatening bankruptcy
on the other.

I hope this is helpful.

Norman Baker MP

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
perseus said:

I tend to think that the snobs from Guildford are a bit worse than Lewes but it is a close run thing.

:salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here