Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes DC - councillor's email responses

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
seagullion said:
OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive just fixed his bloody fridge:angry: :angry:
Go back and say his fridge may still be leaking CFC's or something. Then before you leave, shit in his saladbox.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ccider said:
That aside, I was lead to believe that NO LDC tax payers money will be spent on the JR - it will come from FPC, tree huggers (Downsmen?) and by "fund raising".

If true, this will immediately head off petitions and objections based on use of tax payers money.

:ohmy:
Utter bollocks.
FPC have nothing LIKE the funds needed to take this to a J R. As for "fund raising"....uhh, selling £10 VHS videos of the village to add to the "fighting fund" for f*** sake ? Can just see THAT rocketing up the HMV sales chart, can't you ? Do me a favour.

They're gonna need some MAJOR tombola action between now and the 9th December to get the cash they need.

Last edited:

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Like the FOI request very good!! Am very much looking forward to the response will be very interesting.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Ccider said:
As a result of one of my emails I spoke to one of the LDC councillors this afternoon. Actually it was quite an interesting and cogent conversation!

That aside, I was lead to believe that NO LDC tax payers money will be spent on the JR - it will come from FPC, tree huggers (Downsmen?) and by "fund raising".

If true, this will immediately head off petitions and objections based on use of tax payers money.

If you believe that you'll believe that Bill Archer only had the club's best intentions at heart.

vauxhallexile

Jul 31, 2003
Ccider said:
As a result of one of my emails I spoke to one of the LDC councillors this afternoon. Actually it was quite an interesting and cogent conversation!

An LDC councillor told me that while the council is putting in a limited amount of money, other money is coming from the Sussex Downs Society (formerly the Society of Sussex Downsmen, now a more ) and Falmer Parish Council.

The councillor also mentioned that before the decision very few people had been in touch about Falmer, but afterwards the negative comments from angry Albion fans outnumbered positive comments by about 3 to 1, so keep the emails coming - but stay polite....

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No replies to mine yet. :(

james

May 14, 2004
Lindfield
They seem to be over looking the fact (and risk) that when they lose (again) they will have to pay the costs of the Albion for responding to their JR application and any other parties involved! Makes my blood boil the way they are spending my council tax and will then raise it again by 20% next year.... (rant over!!)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
james said:
They seem to be over looking the fact (and risk) that when they lose (again) they will have to pay the costs of the Albion for responding to their JR application and any other parties involved! Makes my blood boil the way they are spending my council tax and will then raise it again by 20% next year.... (rant over!!)

Possibly, but not necessarily

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm not sure of all the facts here, but it may be that the first stage of a JR (to see if there is even a case to look at) has a fairly limited cost, but if this does go further and LDC lose, then there is NO WAY ON EARTH that FPC and the Sussex Downsmen or what ever they now call themselves could possiblly foot the cost.It would without doubt mean cuts in services or increase in Council Tax or dipping into their reserves (which has to be put back at a later date.)

They'd have to freeze over their rat infested pond and sell it as an ice rink to raise that sort of cash - now there's an idea....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What might help if some local people got some pictures of what the ground where the stadium is planned actually really looks like. I took some pictures but they got lost in a computer failure. (Does anybody know how to rescue corrupt *.jpg files?)

The land is rubbish. Pictures will show:

1) it is ploughed up and full of flints, wrecked for wildlife* and not much good for farming (*wrecked when the farmer ploughed it up in the first place)

2) it was designated an AONB before the road was built and it is policy in other areas where this has happened to exclude such areas from the National Park, even when they can be demonstrated to be environmentally important (no such possibility at Falmer)

3) the photographs can even show the topography of the brow of the hill is such that the view into the dip where the stadium is planned is seriously impeded.

Is this land worth legal costs of £300K + ? Its real value as farming land is about £16K if that (wild guess, don't quote me). If the farming subsisides get taken away it might be worth nothing at all. Even then it could not be used for football pitches instead: the land is too poor quality.

And I have never been a great Falmer enthusiast. Thats partly because I knew all along how really awful the land was.

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
:bounce:

Still leaving the question whether those miserable bunch of shits actually deserve a stadium and the benefits it brings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here