Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes/crawley

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
Lewes lost 3 0 and were dreadful if anyone's interested. Can't see the Rooks reaching double figures this season on that performance.

Dandyman

In London village.
Lewes lost 3 0 and were dreadful if anyone's interested. Can't see the Rooks reaching double figures this season on that performance.

Would agree that Lewes were poor in the first half. I thought they showed more promise in the second half and seemed less afraid of having a go at Crawley. None the less a steep learning curve looks likely.

On the positive side, a crowd of over 1200, Withdean stewards not being able to tell us to sit down, various old friends and a good session in the Landsdown afters.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Would agree that Lewes were poor in the first half. I thought they showed more promise in the second half and seemed less afraid of having a go at Crawley. None the less a steep learning curve looks likely.

On the positive side, a crowd of over 1200, Withdean stewards not being able to tell us to sit down, various old friends and a good session in the Landsdown afters.

The 1200 crowd was a bit poor I thought. For their first game in the BSP and a local derby the atmosphere was very flat. The score could and should have been a lot worse too. I went along out of curiosity. I have a ST at Withers so I feel Brighton get enough of my money. I would have been one of the 200 too as I come down from London.

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
My views on the game, for what it's worth, are that Lewes either suffered from stage fright, were in awe of Crawley or they are genuinely shite. Crawley were quicker to the ball, passed quicker and more accurately, closed Lewes down quickly and out-muscled them.

The game was relatively even for the 1st 30, J Frazer blazing over the best chance and then Crawley took control and game over. Possibly the Lewes keeper was at fault for goals 1 & 3, but apart from Frazer they were outclassed and 2nd best all over the pitch.

I also thought the crowd of 1,200 was appalling for a local derby, 1st 1 @ this level for Lewes,and the turnout from "the only team in Sussex":tosser: was laughable (200 ish). I won't be returning

Jan 30, 2008
My views on the game, for what it's worth, are that Lewes either suffered from stage fright, were in awe of Crawley or they are genuinely shite. Crawley were quicker to the ball, passed quicker and more accurately, closed Lewes down quickly and out-muscled them.

The game was relatively even for the 1st 30, J Frazer blazing over the best chance and then Crawley took control and game over. Possibly the Lewes keeper was at fault for goals 1 & 3, but apart from Frazer they were outclassed and 2nd best all over the pitch.

I also thought the crowd of 1,200 was appalling for a local derby, 1st 1 @ this level for Lewes,and the turnout from "the only team in Sussex":tosser: was laughable (200 ish). I won't be returning
THEY MADE EXCUSES THAT AFTER A POOR PERFORMANCE AGAINST YORK IT WOULD HALVE THE AMMOUNT TRAVELLING :cry:

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights

Every steward in the dripping pan tuesday night work at the withers for brighton games and were asked to do that game instead of the weak lager cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here