Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes/crawley

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
They may well head down but I doubt they will meet with much.

With no Aldershot in the Conference they are pretty much without a grudge match off the pitch.

Whether or not Lewes will fill that void I don't know. I would have thought anyone looking for aggro will have attached themselves to the Albion.

I would expect clubs like Mansfield, Burton Albion and Woking to offer a bit more rivalry in that sense.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
I think Crawley have bigger fish to fry to be honest.

No doubt they will turn up, put on a bit of a show and mouth off a lot but cannot see them coming up against anything more than a few mouthy local kids.

Much ado about nothing really.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
I just don't want them taking any fans off of the Withdean crowd, hence I'm hoping for 3 Sussex relegations.

fair comment, however, competition is healthy and if it encourages the Albion to offer more incentives etc to ensure the PAYING customer remains loyal to the club then that will be better for all. I'm a Brighton supporter and the club can (if they wish) can treat me like shit and i'll still say "thank you very much sir can I have some more" but i'm in a dying out minority.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
With only the one pro club in Sussex it is reasonable for a lot of fans to have a second team further down the footballing pyramid.

Brighton attracts fans from towns all over the county - fans who will obviously have affection for their own hometown team.

I think the likes of Worthing, Hastings, Horsham, Burgess Hill etc are far enough down the leagues to be acceptable second teams.

As soon as the hometown side starts showing signs of reaching the league it should be make your mind up time.

That said, supporters of non-league sides must feel a little patronised by Brighton fans (and north of the county supporters of London clubs) calling them their second team.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
My second team would be Lancing then as i grew up there. No way in hell will Lancing ever get into the blue square south let alone the league

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Aparently quite a few Crawley idiots are talking about coming down.

Heard in the pub in Bewbush (not sure what it's called)

Its the Dorsten which is getting knocked down this year . Not sure if it will be replaced by a new pub. The Imperial in Broadfield will also meet the same fate this year. Both won't be missed they were too close to the local shopping parades creating problems often.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Its the Dorsten which is getting knocked down this year . Not sure if it will be replaced by a new pub. The Imperial in Broadfield will also meet the same fate this year. Both won't be missed they were too close to the local shopping parades creating problems often.

Yeah i know of the problems at the Dorsten but never heard of the other.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
My second team would be Lancing then as i grew up there. No way in hell will Lancing ever get into the blue square south let alone the league

thats what langley sports fans were saying 15 years ago

Dandyman

In London village.
Will be down to cheer on the Mighty Rooks against the Crawley lowlifes a bit later.

Jan 30, 2008
fair comment, however, competition is healthy and if it encourages the Albion to offer more incentives etc to ensure the PAYING customer remains loyal to the club then that will be better for all. I'm a Brighton supporter and the club can (if they wish) can treat me like shit and i'll still say "thank you very much sir can I have some more" but i'm in a dying out minority.

what a complete plank you are :dunce:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Maybe? But Eastbourne, Lewes and Crawley being so close it might breed a bit of ill feeling
More likely to have a few more inbreds if the chav girls and boys get it on.:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here