Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes bonfire...?

Dandyman

In London village.
tommy boy said:
oh yeah and one of those bangers things that the processiion people keep on randomly dropping on the ground(why do they do that?!) went off RIGHT next to me

i actually went DEAF for a few seconds

They are are called Rookies and I was still tone deaf this morning. Great fun - If people don't like it they don't have to come.

Oct 25, 2003
Dandyman said:
They are are called Rookies and I was still tone deaf this morning. Great fun - If people don't like it they don't have to come.

don't get me wrong, i did enjoy it, i was just a tad bemused as to why they were letting off massive 'rookies' next to everyone!

Dandyman

In London village.
tommy boy said:
don't get me wrong, i did enjoy it, i was just a tad bemused as to why they were letting off massive 'rookies' next to everyone!

Just one of our quaint County Town ways. ;)

I, for one, always wear long-johns under my Bonfire outfit. :D

Bry Nylon said:
Which effigies were burnt this year?
Roz's pictures of the Cliffe tableau, entitled "Pawn Star":-

lewes06_09.thumb.jpg

lewes06_08.thumb.jpg

lewes06_11.thumb.jpg

lewes06_07.thumb.jpg

lewes06_12.thumb.jpg

More pictures of last night can be found here

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Well I had a great night, as ever.

Waterloo's display was delayed somewhat but when it went off it REALLY went off. Best I've seen for many a year.

ezmally

Sep 16, 2006
Hastings
That'll be my last Lewes Bonfire. Too many f***ing idiots did my head in.

Waterloo fireworks were quality though. :clap: [/B][/QUOTE]

Couldnt agree more. The twats have ruined it, but waterloo was well worth the wait.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
jevs said:
...Walked home and was met by the entire commercial square procession walking up my street and i decided to try to pick a fight with them all after the cretins started letting off bangers under the cars....including mine !!! [/B]

wtf were you doing, driving to lewes on BF night? i thought cars were banned from the area, anyays? (for crowd safety, and security issues, just as above..)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
desprateseagull said:
wtf were you doing, driving to lewes on BF night? i thought cars were banned from the area, anyays? (for crowd safety, and security issues, just as above..)

to save you being called childest names as well, his road where he lives was obviously not on the route until the police decided it was

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here