Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Oh ye of little faith. Manchester United, whilst a tough opponent, should hold no fear for us in the semi-final we have played well against in them in recent years.

As for City, well first they have to beat Sheffield United. Even if they do reach the final they are not impossible to play. We acquitted ourselves well at the Etihad earlier this season and actually had them on the rack at 1-2 in the second half. If the lumpen misshapen pudding that is Crystal Palace can keep a game tight against them then I fancy our chances to do so also.

Two games, two wins job done. I think we can finish 7th in the league anyway but finishing in the top six (or even 4) will require a herculean effort.
I think we'll get 5th.
At least

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Find it weird that he was even there, in Albion gear, let alone seen being happy/celebrating.

Really don't think he'll be with us next season, sadly - especially if the 3-year option rumour is true.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Find it weird that he was even there, in Albion gear, let alone seen being happy/celebrating.

Really don't think he'll be with us next season, sadly - especially if the 3-year option rumour is true.
Me to. Only explanation is we have a loan to buy agreement. We don't do loans in and it's highly unusual for a loanee to be be in the oppositions dressing room like you say. Often found slouched in the stands with a few mates disguised by a hat and large coat.:unsure:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
You'd be fuming if you were a Chelsea fan. Almost feels like the final F You of our total owning of that club over the last 9 months.
I'd imagine players in this situation would usually get the day off all together, so to be there in the middle of it all celebrating with the players is just incredibly good value. Love it.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Seems Chelsea are eager to keep him. The only possibility now would be another loan?

Chelsea are going to come against FFP problems soon, I can see them having difficulty shifting some of the well paid players they have, just because they won't get the same wage elsewhere. Selling players that came through the academy, could be essential for them. I reckon a deal could be done for Colwill, if it included sell on or buy back clauses, but he will have bigger paying clubs than us interested. Would only happen if he himself really wants to be here next season, over Liverpool, Newcastle, Villa, who would all be interested and pay a higher wage, still possible though if we make CL at Newcastle's expense.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Athletic reporting today that Levi will decide his future when the new manager at Chelsea is appointed to see his plans.

Of course NSCs know it alls will say ‘he’s under contract until 2025 so it’s not up to him!!!!!’ Like it’s one of our players, but let’s see :)

Personally I think there are to many ahead of him that will go to help FFP, so he only goes if he pushes for it AND they can get big money

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Athletic report that Chelsea will need to make some sales before the end of June as that's when the accounting year ends in relation to FFP.

Academy players get banked as pure profit in the accounts, so there is more incentive for Chelsea to sell the likes of Gallagher and Colwill.
More likely they sell the players heading into last year of their contracts to avoid them going on a free. Not the crowns jewels IMO

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The Athletic report that Chelsea will need to make some sales before the end of June as that's when the accounting year ends in relation to FFP.

Academy players get banked as pure profit in the accounts, so there is more incentive for Chelsea to sell the likes of Gallagher and Colwill.
They probably still owe us a load of money for Cucurella and Potter etc. Maybe there are financial reasons for them to release Colwill to us? Would be good but not sure if it’s TB’s way of going about stuff - tends to buy low and sell high!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Who is going to pay big money for the players in the last year of their contract?
It’s all big money if it’s pure profit. We sold Bissouma for £35M with 1 year left.

I’m sure they’d rather sell a few Loftus-Cheek, Chalobuhs etc for £20M than their hottest young prospect for ‘cheaper’

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s all big money if it’s pure profit. We sold Bissouma for £35M with 1 year left.

I’m sure they’d rather sell a few Loftus-Cheek, Chalobuhs etc for £20M than their hottest young prospect for ‘cheaper’
Not that easy though is it ? Who is going to pay big money for, say, Sterling with a year left and then match his wages ? No-one based on his form this season - just not worth the investment unless he want to play with Ron in Riyadh. So - no incentive for him to move, might as well sit out his final year and then get a signing on fee elsewhere.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not that easy though is it ? Who is going to pay big money for, say, Sterling with a year left and then match his wages ? No-one based on his form this season - just not worth the investment unless he want to play with Ron in Riyadh. So - no incentive for him to move, might as well sit out his final year and then get a signing on fee elsewhere.
I’m talking about the academy players who will benefit them the most with FFP as any fee is profit. There’s enough coming up with 1 year left that at £15M-£25M will help them.

Plus Colwill will surely be priced out of our league regardless

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Generally players want to leave with one year left on their contract, to get a bumper pay rise and the seliing club lets them go rather than risk not getting a fee in 12 months time. Exactly who do you think will offer a pay rise to a bunch of Chelsea rejects (other than possibly Chelsea)?

The likes of Mount and Rees will be in play, but if you want to keep the Stamford Bridge mob on side, a few lower profile prospects MIGHT be more palatable to move on.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Bissoume went to a club that, I suspect, massively increased his wages - that ain't happening to any Chelsea players. Agree Colwill will probably be priced too high for us - I reckon our best hope is part of a deal with Mac or Moises.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I have a feeling we'll SING him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have a feeling we'll SING him.
Me too, I have no idea how we’ll pull it off but I think the same. Levi celebrating at Stamford Bridge with Albion players was a bit of a shock to me and he is bright enough to know that’s not a good look to Chelsea, given the manner of the two wins over his parent club. If he cares…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here