Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Chelsea fan here and with all due respect, it's between Chelsea and Chelsea and Brighton isn't even in the equation.
Do you think Brighton would publicise all the players who reject them? I mean Colwill will reject you after he hears our plans, but Brighton will paint it as Chelsea just being stubborn and not allowing him leave.
Hasn’t a contract been on the table for some time but he has not signed it? Think Colwill has been pretty clear with how he feels about the lack of belief shown in him at Chelsea.

Personally I think chelsea will dig in and refuse to sell him but the idea Colwill is jumping at the chance to stay at Chelsea is fantasy.

John Doe

May 14, 2023
Why is your new owner obsessed with Brighton? It’s very f***ing weird John.
He's not, he just thinks you had/have valuable assets and acquired several of them. Only Caicedo is left of any interest tho, so we will leave you alone after him(Regardless of how it ends up)

John Doe

May 14, 2023
Put that £600m down to a learning experience and make sure the next £600m hits the mark yeh?

Chelsea. Respected and admired throughout football.
Admired? No, but respected? Yep, for sure.

And 600m isn't going drown the drain, because the vast majority of that was spent on players who will be our future

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Hasn’t a contract been on the table for some time but he has not signed it? Think Colwill has been pretty clear with how he feels about the lack of belief shown in him at Chelsea.

Personally I think chelsea will dig in and refuse to sell him but the idea Colwill is jumping at the chance to stay at Chelsea is fantasy.
That sums it up. He wants to stay at Brighton - he's made that VERY clear - but he is under contract.

Colwill will probably stay at 'Chels' for the season - but seeing as they have a zillion other CBS including some they paid stupid money for, he won't play much other than Cararbo Cup and European games. Oh.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Obviously every player in the world has got their price, but for some you will have to pay WAYYY over their true value to acquire them. One of those players is Colwill. He's untransferable according to reports from the club.

As for a contract and playing time, the contract offer will end up being more than satisfactory and the club also view him as our centrepiece CB, his pay and playing time will be more than suitable. I've got no worries about that

Lastly, whilst I.want Caicedo, I don't want him at the cost of 80m+ and for sure not at the cost of Colwill. So I'd be very happy if we ceased to do business and we both keep our respective players
To your first point, it certainly seems that way and that's fair enough, he's your player and if you don't want to sell you won't(at least not at a price we can afford). We'll bid as much as we can and then move on.

For your second point, if it is then Levi will sign and be happy to. If it isn't then he won't sign and frankly he'd be silly to sign now without seeing how much playing time he will actually get. He's currently in a really good position. He either gets the game time that he wants at Chelsea and he signs the new contract or he doesn't get the game time, doesn't sign the contract and gets a move to us. But, you need to give him the game time otherwise he will leave, I am confident of that.

For your third I'm in 100% agreement. I want Colwill but not at the price of Caicedo so I'd be delighted if both clubs hierarchies came to the same conclusion.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Do you think Brighton would publicise all the players who reject them? I mean Colwill will reject you after he hears our plans, but Brighton will paint it as Chelsea just being stubborn and not allowing him leave.
You had big plans last season, and look how those turned out! You're a basket-case of a club with a wealthy owner who has far more money than sense, or understanding of British football.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Colwill's England call up may well have added too many millions to the price tag.

Whilst I think we'll sign some good players this window, I am also very sceptical that Colwill's transfer will get over the line. We'll have alternative options for sure.

Who knows, eh ?

John Doe

May 14, 2023

Colwill hasn't signed because the numbers were too low, and also because he wants to know the clubs plans for him going forward.

If he is guaranteed minutes, he will happily stay and Brighton will be an after thought

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Colwill hasn't signed because the numbers were too low, and also because he wants to know the clubs plans for him going forward.

If he is guaranteed minutes, he will happily stay and Brighton will be an after thought
Guess it comes down to how much he believes a club who farmed him out on loan whilst signing multi million pound players not much older than him to play instead.

John Doe

May 14, 2023
Funny how your young defensive jewel would rather stay at Brighton than go back to Chelsea isn’t it?

That kind of kicks your argument into touch.
HAHA!! Only Brighton fans believe that to be so. I mean why would you swap Chelsea for Brighton? And honestly I'm not trolling, but why?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Uhm, it has very little use seeing how all the players you could buy with that money, have little to no interest in playing for the mighty Brighton.

It looks good in the bank account tho 🤷‍♂️
The starting 11 that played you off the park and beat you at Stamford Bridge cost about the same as one Cucurella. So, actually it's pretty useful money.

The side that humiliated you at the Amex cost roughly a Cucurella and most of a Potter. So again, pretty useful.

:)

John Doe

May 14, 2023
Guess it comes down to how much he believes a club who farmed him out on loan whilst signing multi million pound players not much older than him to play instead.
A club who farmed him out on loan instead accepting a 20-25m fee, for a player who had played no higher than the Championship.

That should tell you the amount of faith they have in him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here