Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's pray for a Rainbow alliance

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Is it my imagination or are all the "Green" wards such as Hanover, Queens Park and St Peters full of lefty student types, who are all tree hugging morons?

cannedheat said:
We had raging inflation under Labour prior to Thatcher, they tried everything to control it and failed, the tories pushed interest rates into double figures to control it and it worked and many now reap the benefits of it, fake Labour will do the same if they have to.
Gordon Brown will be a major factor in the Conservatives winning the next Election,as a conservative I hope he gets the job when Blair fucks off to live in luxury.

Inflation and unemployment were both higher under the Conservatives.

labour also had to deal with the inflation caused by the oil crisis, the Conservatives did not.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Dave the Gaffer said:
With all due respect f*** RIGHT OFF

I will vote for whoever I feel will be best in the job. I happen to think Steve harmer-Strange will do so , he is a conservative and also a very strong Albion Fan, 100% for Falmer and probably supporting the club a damn site longer than you have.

So stick that in your pipe.

I haven't met or heard of Steve Harmer-Strange. Pro falmer and 100% albion he maybe, but he must be a rare breed of potential politician not to have tried to support the club's battle for falmer (whilst getting some kudos for himself).

I have a feeling that we will be needing Steve to silence the (at least) 5 conservative councillors who really dont like us!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The Large One said:
Yes, it's your imagination.

They're actually all arty-farty bearded beatnik rejects from the 1960s who eat trees rather than hug them.

except for me. I'm a reactionary Colonel Blimp who's ready to chop said trees down to build barricades against Johhny Leftie.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let's not forget the tory increase in VAT, undertaken to pay for the reduction in the upper tax bracket i.e. an increase in the lower tax bracket in all but name.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Tubthumper said:
Let's not forget the tory increase in VAT, undertaken to pay for the reduction in the upper tax bracket i.e. an increase in the lower tax bracket in all but name.

Do you really want to play who has raised more taxes, Tories or Labour? ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dont get me wrong, I'm all or raising taxes on the wealthy and less socially responsible people and/or businesses.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ROSM said:
I haven't met or heard of Steve Harmer-Strange. Pro falmer and 100% albion he maybe, but he must be a rare breed of potential politician not to have tried to support the club's battle for falmer (whilst getting some kudos for himself).

I have a feeling that we will be needing Steve to silence the (at least) 5 conservative councillors who really dont like us!

I will speak to him and make sure he does...:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Southover Street Seagull said:
No being Tory means privatisation and selling off the countries state owned companies for short term tax gains.
How wonderful the railways are since they were privatised.
I am an old Labour supporter and have worked since I was 17.
I am a lefty yet I don't sit around acting pious and taxes don't support me.
And do you really think you get job security and nice pensions now if you work for the government. Read the news and see how many civil servants have been on strike recently, I wonder what that was for?

The reason the civil service went on strike is because they are controlled by a left wing leadership.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
The reason the civil service went on strike is because they are controlled by a left wing leadership.

civil service...left wing?

NEVER!!!! What would Sir Humphrey say to you.

Anyway, they are neutral remember?

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
The country at large will have to beware
of cocaine Cameron and his ultra right wing cohorts.

IT WILL BE THE WORST EVER SCENARIO for this country if we return to a "Bob's my Uncle" form of nepotism in government, if cameron and his cocaine sniffing members of the Bullingham Club ever take power.

They are even more right wing than the social climbing snob THATCHER.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I'm gutted David Van Day didn't win, he would have been class in the council chamber.
"Mr Speaker this whole situation reminds me of the time I was on TOTP in 1979......."

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Whoever you vote for, the government gets in. :down:

Dandyman

In London village.
Hatterlovesbrighton said:

So how does that work then ? Do the leadership go round their houses and threaten to steal their children if they do not go on strike ?

Public servants may just be willing to go on strike because RPI is 4.8% and they were offered a pay "rise" in the region of 2%.

I don't work work in the NHS or the Civil Service but if I did, I would certainly be willing to withdraw my labour in protest.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Not many people in my branch of the civil service actually belong to PCS.

Dandyman

In London village.
Yorkie said:
Not many people in my branch of the civil service actually belong to PCS.

Fair nuff but does 2% sound like a fair offer to you ?

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Dandyman said:
Fair nuff but does 2% sound like a fair offer to you ?

No one in the civil service has been offered 2% yet. The pay round hasn't started. The main reasons the PCS give for the strike is the job cuts. They've so far had less than 50 compulsory redundancies. Now if a company wanted to cut 100,000 posts and there was only 50 compulsory redunancies it would be a bloody marvel. Now there might be more but not 1000s.

I wish my union (and yes the PCS is my union) would concentrate more on working to get the best deal possible, rather than calling us out on strike without any idea about what they could possibly achieve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here