Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's pray for a Rainbow alliance

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bry Nylon said:
S'not just politics, to be fair Dave. Seemingly TLO calls anyone who doesn't agree with him on pretty much anything "fuckers", or well, a variation on that theme.

Rude, yes. Arrogant? Possibly. But you have to admire his consistency:rolleyes:

very true

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The Large One said:
Blimey, hit a nerve?

yeah too right. I'm f***ing annoyed with your tone too, Al. For f***'s sake, you'd think we'd just voted in the Taleban the way you lot are going on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Large One said:
Blimey, hit a nerve?

One, I won't f*** RIGHT OFF. I'm here to stay, me. So that was a wasted effort.

Two, I am personally delighted Steve is an Albion fan, and that he supports the Falmer bid. Good for him. His longevity in supporting the Albion compared to mine is basically irrelevant in terms of local politics.

Three, that doesn't change my contention that the Tories will not be good for the city as a whole. Regarding Falmer, at least we knew where we stood with Labour - pleased though I am to see the local Labour group get a bloody nose.

I'm with you Large One. All the tories have done for the past 10 years is oppose anything which is progressive, modern or forward thinking. They seem to think this city is a museum and when they are not doing that they are getting convicted for insulting sections of our community. If anyone has to f*** right off it is the tories.

At best they will hold back the city. At worst undo a lot of good.

In the 80/90's Blair refused to agrue for local govt and local politicians, because of his fear it could cost National Labour votes. Well his war and corruption, have definately cost local labour party votes all over the Country and especially Brighton.

Dave the Gaffer said:
that is fair enough, but calling people who dont agree with your politics fuckers is pathetic

Yes calling people fuckers isn't right!
But I also object to the comments by some on here that lefty's are all spongers and scroungers.
I am left wing but not a sponger or scrounger.
I split my vote between Green and Labour, mainly because two Green candidates never replied to the email I sent them, otherwise I may have voted all Green.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Chicken Run said:
I'm looking forward to TLO's comments when the Tories are running the country again come 2009/2010:lol:

I'd like to think this country will not be so stupid as to vote the tories or David Cameron in. My view is that most people seem to vote for the immediate things which affect them e.g. interest rates, jobs, economy, small business etc.....thankfully Gordon Brown has done a stirling job in these areas and hopefully people will remember the chaos with which the Tories ran the economy.

We dont want to return to double digit inflation, double digit interest rates, 3 million unemployed, record house repossessions and record numbers of small business failure.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Bry Nylon said:
S'not just politics, to be fair Dave. Seemingly TLO calls anyone who doesn't agree with him on pretty much anything "fuckers", or well, a variation on that theme.

Rude, yes. Arrogant? Possibly. But you have to admire his consistency:rolleyes:
Seemingly? I either do or I don't. Blimey, make your mind up.

Arrogant? For having an opinion that disagrees with others? I am entitled to an opinion, and I think that the Tories will be a nightmare for the city. So 'fuckers' - as far as I can see (and I am STILL talking about councillors here - not necessarily voters) - is, I still believe, not too strong.

Everyone that calls me a name on here for disagreeing with my opinion has automatically lost the high moral ground as they have gone and done exactly what I did - express an opinion in strong terms using vulgar language (me about the Tories, other about me).

So welcome to the gutter, folks.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The Large One said:
Seemingly? I either do or I don't. Blimey, make your mind up.

Arrogant? For having an opinion that disagrees with others? I am entitled to an opinion, and I think that the Tories will be a nightmare for the city. So 'fuckers' - as far as I can see (and I am STILL talking about councillors here - not necessarily voters) - is, I still believe, not too strong.

Everyone that calls me a name on here for disagreeing with my opinion has automatically lost the high moral ground as they have gone and done exactly what I did - express an opinion in strong terms using vulgar language (me about the Tories, other about me).

So welcome to the gutter, folks.
:lol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Chicken Run said:
Btw TLO seeing as you dont live a million miles from me, did you experience a power cut this morn?
Hang on, is this a brilliant play on words? As in 'ha, your Labour chums aren't in POWER any more...?' If so, very droll.

If not, no I didn't. Electricity on constantly all morning - although I did go out at 8.45.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The Large One said:
Hang on, is this a brilliant play on words? As in 'ha, your Labour chums aren't in POWER any more...?' If so, very droll.

If not, no I didn't. Electricity on constantly all morning - although I did go out at 8.45.

No genuine and it cut off in Surrenden road at around 8.45

Tubthumper said:
I'd like to think this country will not be so stupid as to vote the tories or David Cameron in. My view is that most people seem to vote for the immediate things which affect them e.g. interest rates, jobs, economy, small business etc.....thankfully Gordon Brown has done a stirling job in these areas and hopefully people will remember the chaos with which the Tories ran the economy.

We dont want to return to double digit inflation, double digit interest rates, 3 million unemployed, record house repossessions and record numbers of small business failure.

We had raging inflation under Labour prior to Thatcher, they tried everything to control it and failed, the tories pushed interest rates into double figures to control it and it worked and many now reap the benefits of it, fake Labour will do the same if they have to.
Gordon Brown will be a major factor in the Conservatives winning the next Election,as a conservative I hope he gets the job when Blair fucks off to live in luxury.

Tubthumper said:

I have been a Labour supporter all my life but this is now beginniing to wane.
Gordon Brown did a most unlike Labour thing when he first came in, he removed tax relief that was allowed by pension fund investments, one the main reasons why the Post Office Pension Fund that I am a part of has a big deficit now. Hardly a big win fore the working classes is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here