Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's pray for a Rainbow alliance

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
..otherwise the tories will destroy Brighton.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Weird, innit? When you look at the political make-up of the City Council - there are no Tory Councillors in the centre of Brighton, and only two Labour Councillors. The Greens have a virtual stranglehold over Brighton City Centre.

So these fuckers from the suburbs of Patcham, Westdene, Portslade, Woodingdean et al are going to wreck the city. Charming.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
The Large One said:
Weird, innit? When you look at the political make-up of the City Council - there are no Tory Councillors in the centre of Brighton, and only two Labour Councillors. The Greens have a virtual stranglehold over Brighton City Centre.

So these fuckers from the suburbs of Patcham, Westdene, Portslade, Woodingdean et al are going to wreck the city. Charming.

"Wreck the City " ??

surely you mean "are about to reclaim the City"

It just goes to show that Crusty Politics has VERY narrow appeal and enjoys only a very tiny up its own jacksy BoHo constituency.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Smart Mart said:
"Wreck the City " ??

surely you mean "are about to reclaim the City"

It just goes to show that Crusty Politics has VERY narrow appeal and enjoys only a very tiny up its own jacksy BoHo constituency.
Don't get me wrong, I am no fan of the Labour group in the city, but 'crusty politics'? If you're referring to Labour in the city, sorry, that statement makes no sense.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
The Greens have made their intentions clear, and next time round they're only going to win more seats.

Let the Tories wreck things for a while, then watch the Green love spread

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
The Large One said:
The Greens have a virtual stranglehold over Brighton City Centre.

That is what I was refering to as Crusty politics. Crusty, as in appealing to BoHo voters, who are prevalant in Brighton City Centre, but massively outnumbered by the more mainsteam voters in the suburbs.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The Large One said:

I wonder out of interest like, how many of these new city centre cllr's actualy come from Brighton or have a history here as apposed to those "Wankers" from the suburbs!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Smart Mart said:
That is what I was refering to as Crusty politics. Crusty, as in appealing to BoHo voters, who are prevalant in Brighton City Centre, but massively outnumbered by the more mainsteam voters in the suburbs.
They fact they're outnumbered is reflected in the number of seats the Tories have won compared to The Greens.

Still not sure what you mean by 'crusty' though, insofar as most of the Greens and their supporters are disaffected Labour voters. Like I said, you'll notice the Tories made zero headway in the City Centre and the immediate outlying areas. Regency, St Peters & North Laine, Hanover & Elm Grove, Queen's Park and Preston Park covers quite a big area.

It's long been a theory I've had (a theory with plenty of holes, admittedly) that Green supporters in rural areas are generally disaffected Tory voters, whereas Green voters in urban areas are more likely to be disaffected Labour voters. That theory at least stands up in Brighton.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Large One said:

With all due respect f*** RIGHT OFF

I will vote for whoever I feel will be best in the job. I happen to think Steve harmer-Strange will do so , he is a conservative and also a very strong Albion Fan, 100% for Falmer and probably supporting the club a damn site longer than you have.

So stick that in your pipe.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Dave the Gaffer said:
With all due respect f*** RIGHT OFF

I will vote for whoever I feel will be best in the job. I happen to think Steve harmer-Strange will do so , he is a conservative and also a very strong Albion Fan, 100% for Falmer and probably supporting the club a damn site longer than you have.

So stick that in your pipe.
Blimey, hit a nerve?

One, I won't f*** RIGHT OFF. I'm here to stay, me. So that was a wasted effort.

Two, I am personally delighted Steve is an Albion fan, and that he supports the Falmer bid. Good for him. His longevity in supporting the Albion compared to mine is basically irrelevant in terms of local politics.

Three, that doesn't change my contention that the Tories will not be good for the city as a whole. Regarding Falmer, at least we knew where we stood with Labour - pleased though I am to see the local Labour group get a bloody nose.

Last edited:

larus

What is it with left wing/labour supporters. They are so bloody self-righteous.

Someone dares to have a different opinion to them and they're fuckers or wankers. However, if the left win, it's the proof that democracy works.

Let's all work for the council/government, get indexed linked pensions, job security, no real pressure to to anything of any real value (nurses, doctors, police, etc are excluded), and then see how well this country does. It's the 'wankers/fuckers' who are the REAL wealth creators in the economy, and without them, there wouldn't be enough tax to support the lefties who want to sit aroung and be f***ing pious. Let's redistribute wealth; euphemism for 'tax the hard workers and support a lot of lazy fuckers'.

And no, being a Tory doesn't mean that you are against the state, against free education, free NHS etc, it means recognising that people should be allowed to reap a reasonable reward for their industry.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
larus said:

Someone dares to have a different opinion to them and they're fuckers or wankers. However, if the left win, it's the proof that democracy works.

Let's all work for the council/government, get indexed linked pensions, job security, no real pressure to to anything of any real value (nurses, doctors, police, etc are excluded), and then see how well this country does. It's the 'wankers/fuckers' who are the REAL wealth creators in the economy, and without them, there wouldn't be enough tax to support the lefties who want to sit aroung and be f***ing pious. Let's redistribute wealth; euphemism for 'tax the hard workers and support a lot of lazy fuckers'.

And no, being a Tory doesn't mean that you are against the state, against free education, free NHS etc, it means recognising that people should be allowed to reap a reasonable reward for their industry.

:clap: :clap:

well said!

Bluejuice said:
The Greens have made their intentions clear, and next time round they're only going to win more seats.

Let the Tories wreck things for a while, then watch the Green love spread
Green love, ahh how cute,

larus said:

No being Tory means privatisation and selling off the countries state owned companies for short term tax gains.
How wonderful the railways are since they were privatised.
I am an old Labour supporter and have worked since I was 17.
I am a lefty yet I don't sit around acting pious and taxes don't support me.
And do you really think you get job security and nice pensions now if you work for the government. Read the news and see how many civil servants have been on strike recently, I wonder what that was for?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
that is fair enough, but calling people who dont agree with your politics fuckers is pathetic

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Dave the Gaffer said:

Well said DAVE.

I voted in Brighton (Because I am on the electoral roll at Withdean Road) and being around working on the garden last week I spoke to a good few candidates who like others have pointed out, smacked of the typical Primrose Hill set that seems to be prevelant in B&H local politics, its these wasters that have let crime rise because they dont want to be seen as old fashioned or in any way infinging human rights.

Well RIGHT on MAN.

I think its hysterical that Labour have had a right kicking because it shows how utterly out of touch they are with the everyday issues like anti social behaviour and other LOCAL problems

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Dave the Gaffer said:
that is fair enough, but calling people who dont agree with your politics fuckers is pathetic

S'not just politics, to be fair Dave. Seemingly TLO calls anyone who doesn't agree with him on pretty much anything "fuckers", or well, a variation on that theme.

Rude, yes. Arrogant? Possibly. But you have to admire his consistency:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here