Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lets end this embarrassing ultras song ?!

I can picture a group of fellas in a Brighton pub in the early 1920's discussing how to turn "Sussex By The Sea" into a football song and being told "nah , that's a shit song they sang in the war."

I'm proper lost now, one is the anthem of our county, the other is some shit 50's song sung by some old crone (who's name escapes me) that has had it's words changed so they make no sense from Hamburg to Addis fuckin Abbaba via Blackpool, the comparison is poor at best

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
for me this would sound better and like you said the other stands can join in , at the moment its only a north stand chant
This.

As I say, I like the song but it has been f***ed up for us by the fact that it has exclusively north stand lyrics.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
My own opinion of this song is that its sounds great when you get to the "SEA SEA SEA ...WHOOOOA ETC" the rest of it sounds awful and mixed up with fans singing differnet words and its just a disaster, only once in the 8 home games so far has it sounded very good all the way through, the rest of the time, not good. Just my opinion.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This.

As I say, I like the song but it has been f***ed up for us by the fact that it has exclusively north stand lyrics.

not if the first line is changed to "WE ARE BRIGHTON , BRIGHTON , BRIGHTON"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm proper lost now, one is the anthem of our county, the other is some shit 50's song sung by some old crone (who's name escapes me) that has had it's words changed so they make no sense from Hamburg to Addis fuckin Abbaba via Blackpool, the comparison is poor at best

"Sussex By The Sea" was a WW1 marching song which was no doubt sung at The Goldstone before Sir Norman Wisdom adapted the lyrics to a version we now know as "Good Old Sussex By The Sea". AFAIK there are only 2 clubs in the whole Football League with unique songs and we are one of them.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
this is shit, shit, shit,
the song is shit, shit, shit,
f***ing shit, shit, shit,
still shit shit shit,
WHOA WHOA WO WHOA WHOA WO..

This is an interesting version. Although can it be changed to incorporate all of the stands, something about Annie Nightingale and the fact that the beach isn't sandy?

Also If you can get THE SEA, THE SEA, THE SEA into that would be cool as that's my favourite bit.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
A lot of our songs and chants are shit - and the ones that aren't (GOSBTS) we MAKE them shit. People moan about the tune, the words, the fact it's not unique, the fact that Palace (among other clubs) sing it, well so what? I hope the NSK keep on singing it just to piss off all the chant Nazis on here

For me the single drawback isn't so much that Palace sing it, it's that they sing it so much BETTER than we do. That's the embarrassment.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Can we stop singing "Oh the lads" as it's a man united song?

Can we stop singing "Seagulls" because we nicked it off palace?

Can we stop singing "Albion" because liverpool started it?

Can we stop singing "Sussex by the sea" because Brighton and Hove is it's own unitary authority?

Can we stop singing "seasiders" because we're not Blackpool?

Seriously this is the most laughable thread ever. I bet we must be the only club with supporters that constantly moan about everything and it's no wonder other clubs fans take the piss out of us in here - some of you deserve it.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is an interesting version. Although can it be changed to incorporate all of the stands, something about Annie Nightingale and the fact that the beach isn't sandy?

Also If you can get THE SEA, THE SEA, THE SEA into that would be cool as that's my favourite bit.

"And the shit goes in THE SEA , THE SEA , THE SEA" ???

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
yes because its impossible to turn the word north into west or into east

singing different versions hmm , god knows how it would sound to the away fans, the idea i thought is to get all stands singing together

Albion Rob

"Sussex By The Sea" was a WW1 marching song which was no doubt sung at The Goldstone before Sir Norman Wisdom adapted the lyrics to a version we now know as "Good Old Sussex By The Sea". AFAIK there are only 2 clubs in the whole Football League with unique songs and we are one of them.

Who are the others? Norwich City with "On the ball City"?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
singing different versions hmm , god knows how it would sound to the away fans, the idea i thought is to get all stands singing together

My post was a bit tongue in cheek, but if the west is so upset about it, with their massive numbers they could easily drown out the north

Albion Rob

Can we stop singing "Oh the lads" as it's a man united song?

Can we stop singing "Seagulls" because we nicked it off palace?

Can we stop singing "Albion" because liverpool started it?

Can we stop singing "Sussex by the sea" because Brighton and Hove is it's own unitary authority?

Can we stop singing "seasiders" because we're not Blackpool?

Seriously this is the most laughable thread ever. I bet we must be the only club with supporters that constantly moan about everything and it's no wonder other clubs fans take the piss out of us in here - some of you deserve it.

I thought O the Lads was a ripoff of Newcastle's Blaydon Races?

Personally I don't like the We're the North Stand.... song so I just join in with the WOAH bit. That said, if it stands the test of time it will surely join the ones you've mentioned in the song book.

I'll repeat my appeals for the following to reappear:

The Celery song

My eyes have seent he coming (Glory, Glory Bright'n'ove Albion)

She wore, she wore, she wore a yellow ribbon (maybe only for cup games or the play off semis)

That one where we used to jump around in the North Stand: Da da, da da, da da da da, da da da da da, da da da, da da da, da da daaaa (someone said a few weeks ago that we did it at Pompey but I wasn't there)

Also grateful if we could avoid that one Man City (and seemingly Leicester) do - it looks like they're all muching out each otehrs' bums.

Tnks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here