Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's call a temporarily halt to hostilities and all get behind Gus and the team

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Even I am starting to think that all the negative stuff on here is getting a bit over the top.

Can we call a temporary halt to hostilities and all get behind Gus and the team for the next few games. If nothing has improved by Peterboro, then we can all feel 100% justified in heaping on the ctiticism again.

It would be good to highlight some positive stuff, so here goes:
- We are only 2 points off the playoff places.
- We were on a good run until the CMS and Bruno injuries. CMS has only been back for two games.
- We have got the 2nd best goal difference in the division.
- We have the lowest goals against in the division, so ergo we must be OK defensively.
- We are creating chances, just not taking them. Surely that will change shortly
- We are playing some very attractive football at times.

I for one will try to only post (or even think) positively for the next two weeks. It may well be tough, but by golly I'll give it a try.

I'm on board with this Bro.

The glass is defo half full at the moment.

In Gus we Trust.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Even I am starting to think that all the negative stuff on here is getting a bit over the top.

Can we call a temporary halt to hostilities and all get behind Gus and the team for the next few games. If nothing has improved by Peterboro, then we can all feel 100% justified in heaping on the ctiticism again.

It would be good to highlight some positive stuff, so here goes:
- We are only 2 points off the playoff places.
- We were on a good run until the CMS and Bruno injuries. CMS has only been back for two games.
- We have got the 2nd best goal difference in the division.
- We have the lowest goals against in the division, so ergo we must be OK defensively.
- We are creating chances, just not taking them. Surely that will change shortly
- We are playing some very attractive football at times.

I for one will try to only post (or even think) positively for the next two weeks. It may well be tough, but by golly I'll give it a try.
No. Its a discussion forum. We discuss things on here, and I think what is being discussed at the moment, is fully justified.

If Gus and the team got stick on match days, then I may agree with you, but if all your worried about is negative stuff on here, then sorry if you don't like this, but you need to man up a bit.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No. Its a discussion forum. We discuss things on here, and I think what is being discussed at the moment, is fully justified.

If Gus and the team got stick on match days, then I may agree with you, but if all your worried about is negative stuff on here, then sorry if you don't like this, but you need to man up a bit.
o discuss is what u call it ...wondered what term you would use..happy xmas

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Would be great if we got the atmosphere against Leeds ROCKIN from the start. Would love to hear some new chants being suggested and taken on WITHOUT any complaints that people do not like the tune or a word etc. I wonder if Gus would be pissed off if 25,000 started singing ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK from the first whistle.

The most valid post on this thread. Let the fans sing without some grumpy old sod spouting off on here about it being cringeworthy.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The most valid post on this thread. Let the fans sing without some grumpy old sod spouting off on here about it being cringeworthy.

Always thought this would sound good with some singing 'Gus Poyet's' and the response being 'Blue Army'

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I think what is being discussed at the moment, is fully justified.

That statement on its own just defies belief.

Oh ok, so it's alright for you to endlessly mouth off on an Internet forum, but following that up with your expressing your views in person on matchdays is out of order / out of the question??

If you really feel that strongly, I suggest it's you who needs to 'man-up'

Last edited:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Never mind a ceasefire, let's not forget that Poyet has three years left on cotnract. No, that does not stop managers from being sacked, but I suspect TB thinks he has better things to spend the money on.

I agree with some of the negative comment, there are things wrong with the team set up in the offensive department that need sorting but I also agree that it ain't as bad as being made out. Defensively sound, good footballing side that seems better respected by the opposition than its own supporters at times (listen to King and Schmeichel on lcfc.co.uk both saying they beat a good side that gave them pressure in second half). These things turn quickly - the start of the New year good run was a massively fortunate 3-0 win over Saints and off we went. Previous to that we had lost four games on the spin without scoring. Sound familiar?

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i know i can be negative sometimes and i feel we should all get behind the team and Gus and look what Gus has done for us in such a short time

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Would be great if we got the atmosphere against Leeds ROCKIN from the start. Would love to hear some new chants being suggested and taken on WITHOUT any complaints that people do not like the tune or a word etc. I wonder if Gus would be pissed off if 25,000 started singing ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK from the first whistle.
Good call Wilko....'.All we are saying is give us a goal'......

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
That statement on its own just defies belief.

Oh ok, so it's alright for you to endlessly mouth off on an Internet forum, but following that up with your expressing your views in person on matchdays is out of order / out of the question??

If you really feel that strongly, I suggest it's you who needs to 'man-up'
So you would rather than discuss it on here, we take it out on the manager and team on match days.

because if thats the case, believe me, judging by the amount of negative comments about Gus on here over the past week, there would be a lot of stick coming Gus' way a week Friday. In fact its thats the case, he would have got a fair amount of stick after the brough game. Personally I don't think the bloke would handle it very well.

I don't know about you, but personally I would rather fans spill all their negativity on here, and get behind the team on match days. Or maybe instead of the crowd getting behind the team next Friday night, you'd perfer them to get on Gus' back?

Oh and by the way, if going five games without a win and only one goal, the third bad spell the manager has looked clueless in how to get out of in a year, the manager saying he's bored of he team "He" picks, and a manager who says he doesn't know where the next goal is coming from doesn't justify a discussion on a fans internet message board, then please tell me what does? Really? If that doesn't what does?

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
A good starting point would be to ban performance comments and player ratings from those who have only listened to the radio.

I thought that was common sense? You're allowed to say what the commentators said. I never post match ratings unless I was at the game...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Spot on Mr Burns. This IS he place to vent your frustrations so we can get behind the team come matchday.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
So you would rather than discuss it on here, we take it out on the manager and team on match days.

because if thats the case, believe me, judging by the amount of negative comments about Gus on here over the past week, there would be a lot of stick coming Gus' way a week Friday. In fact its thats the case, he would have got a fair amount of stick after the brough game. Personally I don't think the bloke would handle it very well.

I don't know about you, but personally I would rather fans spill all their negativity on here, and get behind the team on match days. Or maybe instead of the crowd getting behind the team next Friday night, you'd perfer them to get on Gus' back?

Oh and by the way, if going five games without a win and only one goal, the third bad spell the manager has looked clueless in how to get out of in a year, the manager saying he's bored of he team "He" picks, and a manager who says he doesn't know where the next goal is coming from doesn't justify a discussion on a fans internet message board, then please tell me what does? Really? If that doesn't what does?

You know perfectly well that the 'justification' piece I am getting at is the over the top stuff that is written on here (Gus being a wanker, 2 games to save his job etc)

Also, why be negative at all? 3rd bad spell?? Oh please, nobody said he was the messiah, you're having a go at everybody else for thinking he is the messiah, yet it's you who's expecting him to be. 22nd in League One to 10th in the Championship in 3 YEARS, takes some doing. For christs sake get some persoective - really.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Spot on Mr Burns. This IS he place to vent your frustrations so we can get behind the team come matchday.

he doesnt come across as just venting his frustrations though..but just an excuse to get on a soapbox and pick holes in everything poyet/players do or don't do and for example bang on about one line of an interview from a journalist ..and we all know how selective they can be

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You know perfectly well that the 'justification' piece I am getting at is the over the top stuff that is written on here (Gus being a wanker, 2 games to save his job etc)

Also, why be negative at all? 3rd bad spell?? Oh please, nobody said he was the messiah, you're having a go at everybody else for thinking he is the messiah, yet it's you who's expecting him to be. 22nd in League One to 10th in the Championship in 3 YEARS, takes some doing. For christs sake get some persoective - really.

ah but if u dare counter a negative post you are automatically saying he is the messiah and suggesting he cant be criticised which is far from the truth

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. I wonder if Gus would be pissed off if 25,000 started singing ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK from the first whistle.

Pissed off or not, we should do it a la the Great Escape 2nd half against Burnley. We should do this from before kick off against Leeds, just in case Gus is any doubt that most Albion fans would like to see us actually start like the home team.

Maybe we won't concede on around 23 mins which we have done for the last three home games having hardly had a shot in anger.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Blind Faith by the 'public/supporters' without question or criticism is very dangerous. It makes me think of Germans 1933-45 (Hitler years). Sure, football is not politics or war but it's certainly tribal and it raises strong emotions. I have always been an Albion supporter and always will be but, I am definately not a blind faith following pleb without my own thoughts and opinions and I'll always refuse to become one. It seems that too many supporters on here think they are hollier than thou because they consider themselves 'super-uber' supporters and refuse to allow anyone else to voice their opinion without becoming very argumentative and aggressive verbally. If your an educated and cultured adult you should be prepared for the fact that people will have differing opinions and wish to discuss them on, guess what? A forum!!
Funny thing that, isn't it (not innit!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here