Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's call a temporarily halt to hostilities and all get behind Gus and the team

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Anyone who has moaned about recent performances obviously never went to our home games at Gillingham.
Get behind the team and Gus !

I've moaned about recent performances and yes I went to virtually every game at Gillingham. Perhaps you like to stick your head in the sand and pretend everything is fantastic but that aint the real world.

That statement on its own just defies belief.

Oh ok, so it's alright for you to endlessly mouth off on an Internet forum, but following that up with your expressing your views in person on matchdays is out of order / out of the question??

If you really feel that strongly, I suggest it's you who needs to 'man-up'

I think the point he is making is that even though people make comments on here that some see as negative, they still get behind the team at the start of every match.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I'm not going to read the whole thread, but what f***ing hostility? A few menstrual posters like [MENTION=350]Zebedee[/MENTION] [MENTION=11697]kevtherev[/MENTION]? Do me a favour.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I'm not going to read the whole thread, but what f***ing hostility? A few menstrual posters like [MENTION=350]Zebedee[/MENTION] [MENTION=11697]kevtherev[/MENTION]? Do me a favour.

Hostility is a tad strong.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Blind Faith by the 'public/supporters' without question or criticism is very dangerous. It makes me think of Germans 1933-45 (Hitler years). Sure, football is not politics or war but it's certainly tribal and it raises strong emotions. I have always been an Albion supporter and always will be but, I am definately not a blind faith following pleb without my own thoughts and opinions and I'll always refuse to become one.

Hitler thought like that didn't he?

Difference between constructive criticism and outright negativity though isn't there? Although I do have a giggle at these posters that think they are the manager of a Prem side and put forward their case why they think their way is better. Cheers me up no end.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Typical messageboard behaviour and it only took a couple of pages to bring Hitler into the discussion. (Godwins Law)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I am not suggesting that the recent criticism on here has not been valid; goodness knows, I've done my share.

All I am proposing is that we lay off for a while and give the manager and team our full support to hopefully turn things around. If there's no improvement by Peterborough then it's open season.

I for one will certainly be unable to bottle up my moaning beyond November 6th if there's no improvement.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
There are some very unrealistic expectations among some fans. the kind of expectations I could understand at Man Utd or Chelsea but given our history and resources, not Brighton.

By all means post your frustrations on here, call for the manager's head, boo at the final whistle - whatever you want. But please don't imagine that your disappointment and fury is shared by everyone. I'm still watching the best Albion squad I've ever seen, with the second best goal difference in the division, in a packed stadium with a manager who is still learning, and whom we're lucky to have. I have a million things in life I could find fault with but Brighton & Hove Albion is a long way down the list right now.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I've moaned about recent performances and yes I went to virtually every game at Gillingham. Perhaps you like to stick your head in the sand and pretend everything is fantastic but that aint the real world.

I think the point he is making is that even though people make comments on here that some see as negative, they still get behind the team at the start of every match.

THat is exactly the point, and I think he knows it to be honest, but that doesn't allow him to have a snide dig.

My views on Ashley Barnes are quite well known on here, but never ever, not once have I shouted anything at him, and never would, and cringe at some of the abuse he gets on match days.

Does that mean I need to man up. Not at all. I'm a supporter, I support the side and the players. But does that mean I can express my views on an open internet forums. I think so. If not, whats the point of NSC. I never have, and never will chant anything negative against a Brighton player. Ever.

But that doesn't go for the manager. Will I join in any negative shouts at Poyet if we still haven't won by Peterborough. Nope. If it went on until Christmas and he was still here. Yes I would.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
You know perfectly well that the 'justification' piece I am getting at is the over the top stuff that is written on here (Gus being a wanker, 2 games to save his job etc)

Also, why be negative at all? 3rd bad spell?? Oh please, nobody said he was the messiah, you're having a go at everybody else for thinking he is the messiah, yet it's you who's expecting him to be. 22nd in League One to 10th in the Championship in 3 YEARS, takes some doing. For christs sake get some persoective - really.
No I don't prefectly know your 'justification' pieves was aimed at over the top comments.. I responsed to two direct quotes at me, one quite strong, so don't try and move the goalposts. I agree some of whats being said now is over the top from both sides.

There are those who can see no good in Poyet. - Ridiculous.
There are those who can see no bad and will not have a negative thing against. - Just as ridiculous

Then there are those like me, who sees it as it is. I've said Poyet plan A is unplayable... when it works.
He doesn't seem willing to change the system when its need as this 3rd spell is proving.
I've said I think in some ways he is a genius. Other ways he is the complete opposite, and I worry its his ego plays a bit part.
And after his comments after the last couple of games or so, I strongly doubt he is the man to take us to the promised land. I still hope he turns it around and does, but as time goes on, I can't see it.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
No I don't prefectly know your 'justification' pieves was aimed at over the top comments.. I responsed to two direct quotes at me, one quite strong, so don't try and move the goalposts. I agree some of whats being said now is over the top from both sides.

There are those who can see no good in Poyet. - Ridiculous.
There are those who can see no bad and will not have a negative thing against. - Just as ridiculous

Then there are those like me, who sees it as it is. I've said Poyet plan A is unplayable... when it works.
He doesn't seem willing to change the system when its need as this 3rd spell is proving.
I've said I think in some ways he is a genius. Other ways he is the complete opposite, and I worry its his ego plays a bit part.
And after his comments after the last couple of games or so, I strongly doubt he is the man to take us to the promised land. I still hope he turns it around and does, but as time goes on, I can't see it.

If you think that 'plan A' (whatever this mysterious plan is supposed to be) is unplayable, then surely you can see why Gus has so much faith in it, and is reluctant to change. To be fair, if I was him, and I had seen my players rip teams apart with that particular system, then 3 weeks later fail to hit the net with exactly the same group of players, I'd be a bit miffed, nae bored with it. Does that not scream a problem with the players rather than the system?

I'm also interested what you know about this supposed 'ego' that you hang on about? Gus has never said he is unwilling to change, but as stated above, he has seen this team rip the opposition apart time and again.

He has been slow to react in recent games, Middlesbrough certainly, but egotistical? Completely unproven (like him as a manger at this level thus far). Me thinks you need to exercise a great deal more patience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here