Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's all laugh at Fergie...

WHAT was Ferguson THINKING??

Oh my lord, go to Italy with a lead, and open up early in trying in a vain attempt to score :nono:

No way was that going to work, ever.
Shut up shop from the start, keep them at arm's length and frustrate them, knowing that you already have the advantage.
But no, he's fixated on getting that one goal first.
They had Ronaldo's number in both games, and ALWAYS had a spare man to take the player with the ball. They played fairly with very little feigning injury, and deservedly move on to the final.

:dunce: to United
:clap: to Milan

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
NMH said:
WHAT was Ferguson THINKING??

Oh my lord, go to Italy with a lead, and open up early in trying in a vain attempt to score :nono:

No way was that going to work, ever.
Shut up shop from the start, keep them at arm's length and frustrate them, knowing that you already have the advantage.
But no, he's fixated on getting that one goal first.
They had Ronaldo's number in both games, and ALWAYS had a spare man to take the player with the ball. They played fairly with very little feigning injury, and deservedly move on to the final.

:dunce: to United
:clap: to Milan

Agreed....but to shut up shop with that defence? :dunce: ....no don't think so!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
eastlondonseagull said:

I fear Liverpool will get thumped. Bloody hope not, though :clap2:
Scousers being Scousers, you just know they'll nick it!!!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
eastlondonseagull said:
:lolol: He spends longer in his allotment than he does at the Albion :p
And how many games did you attend this season Timothy :p Oh and Gullsworth yes I do. I have hated Manure since 83 and will always hate them so ner

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
eastlondonseagull said:
Mourinho could learn a lot from Fergie's graciousness in defeat.

Gracious toward his opponents yes, eastlondon, and he has indeed improved in that respect since the worst days of his gracelessness and mind games.

He still found time though, for a dig at the Premier League in their fixture scheduling. Amazing that - given that it's Sky, whose enormous financial input feeds the top clubs' voracious appetite for cash, who dictate when the fixtures will take place these days, and whose blanket coverage of Utd has helped sit them in such a dominant position in the hearts and minds of so many of the kids in the country, it's a funny thing to have a go at the Premier League. I guess he didn't want to be seen to be snapping at the hand that feeds him.

He seems to want all the benefits of having a vastly wealthy benefactor pumping money into the club, without any of the inconvenience of having to acquiesce to any of their demands for value for their money.

I'm absolutely f***ing elated that they're out. Can sit back and enjoy the final now without having to worry about some gloating fuckwit telling me on the 24th how 'we' won the European Cup when they've never set foot inside Old Trafford.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Herne Hill Seagull said:
Gracious toward his opponents yes, eastlondon, and he has indeed improved in that respect since the worst days of his gracelessness and mind games.

He still found time though, for a dig at the Premier League in their fixture scheduling. Amazing that - given that it's Sky, whose enormous financial input feeds the top clubs' voracious appetite for cash, who dictate when the fixtures will take place these days, and whose blanket coverage of Utd has helped sit them in such a dominant position in the hearts and minds of so many of the kids in the country, it's a funny thing to have a go at the Premier League. I guess he didn't want to be seen to be snapping at the hand that feeds him.

He seems to want all the benefits of having a vastly wealthy benefactor pumping money into the club, without any of the inconvenience of having to acquiesce to any of their demands for value for their money.

I'm absolutely f***ing elated that they're out. Can sit back and enjoy the final now without having to worry about some gloating fuckwit telling me on the 24th how 'we' won the European Cup when they've never set foot inside Old Trafford.

Spot on that.

BTW, the club claims that 98% of its 'supporters' have never set foot in Old Trafford. I have no idea why that should be a matter of pride to have so many plastic supporters but the club seems to think it is.

1066gull

While we laugh at ManUre, lets take a step back and see what Bri9ghton have achieved.

:rolleyes: :jester:

Yoda

English & European
Forza Milan il Milan alè
forza Milan Milano è con te
sono sempre al tuo fianco
Io di te non mi stanco
sei la cosa più bella che c'è
perché il Milan è forte alè...
perché il Milan è forte alè...

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Herne Hill Seagull said:

To be fair on Fergie, he said that SKY had agreed to switch the date to give Man Utd time to recover, but that it was the Prem League who'd said 'no'.

But you're dead right about the gloating fuckwits who've never been to Old Trafford. And that's the same with Chelski scum, too.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
eastlondonseagull said:
But you're dead right about the gloating fuckwits who've never been to Old Trafford.

An old trick I always use to shut them up is say in a rather loud voice so they can hear you... "Raise your hand if you've been to Old Trafford", then put your hand up. Usually at the very least it causes them some embarassment.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Fergie has become a bit more humble, maybe it's old age or maybe it's having Chelsea on the scene but he's almost likeable now.

Last night Man Utd's lack of a decent squad was their undoing. You cannot have John O'Shea, Wes Brown, Darren Fletcher and an unfit Vidic in the side and hope to get through.

They could have done with Henrik Larsson last night to give them options up front.

I know he's got Evra, Ferdinand, Neville and Park out but he needs a couple of quality defenders in and maybe ship out O'Shea to Keane's Sunderland, Wes Brown to Villa / Newcastle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here