Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's all hope that pompey survive !!!

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
It would be a travesty if Pompey were liquidated on 10th August. Due to mismanagement and the incompetence of the FA (sound familiar) the Pompey fans could find themselves without a club through no fault of their own. Let us not forget that the fans are not guilty of anything except supporting their team, Yes the various owners (reluctant, non existent and otherwise) made some shocking scandalous and downright ridiculous decisions, but the fans only decision was to support their team as we support ours. So for the good of football I truly hope that the PST (Portsmouth Supporters Trust) shares bid is approved by the administrator Trevor Birch (who happens to be on more than the reported £36k per week of Tal Ben Haim, one of the high earners he must offload for PFC to survive) Ironic that eh?
I'm a :bhasign: through and through but feel for our fellow fans just 50 miles down the road

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Sorry you can hope all you like, I think the best thing for them is to start again as a supporters trust and work their way up through the divisions

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Best thing for them now is just to start again.

And whilst their fans have not contributed what have they done to try and stop it down the years? Nothing.

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
Sorry you can hope all you like, I think the best thing for them is to start again as a supporters trust and work their way up through the divisions

If they are liquidated now then they cannot even start until 2013/14 season! What's the chance of Fratton Park being available if empty for a year?

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
Best thing for them now is just to start again.

And whilst their fans have not contributed what have they done to try and stop it down the years? Nothing.

I knew that some people would assume things without even a smattering of knowledge about the situation at Fratton Park. Sowith all due respect sir, You know nothing of the fans endeavours!! Pompey fans have worked tirelessly campaigning, petitioning and behind the scenes work trying to save their club is nothing less than admirable. SOS POMPEY and PST are just 2 groups that deserve credit for doing "nothing"

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I knew that some people would assume things without even a smattering of knowledge about the situation at Fratton Park. Sowith all due respect sir, You know nothing of the fans endeavours!! Pompey fans have worked tirelessly campaigning, petitioning and behind the scenes work trying to save their club is nothing less than admirable. SOS POMPEY and PST are just 2 groups that deserve credit for doing "nothing"

That's funny, because I've seen NO evidence, and I mean quite literally none in any form of media or on any website about Pompey fans protests in about 2 years. Blackburn fans are making some noise but not Pompey's. Joining a Facebook group or following a twitter feed isn't protesting. This is a club that signed players on 20k a week AFTER they'd already been into recession once, this is a club NOW offering 5k/week contracts to average players in league 1 so CLEARLY no lessons have been learnt and they deserve and need to go out of business at this point for the integrity of football and the long term health of the club.

Stumpy Tim

I remember the rapturous applause when Pompey announced the signing of Benjani before our game with them less than a year ago. Disgraceful signing given where they were financially. They just don't change

British Grenadier

I hate P*rtsm**th
Jan 15, 2012
Hanover
With £150+ million owed to their creditors, I say no, let's not all hope that they survive but that they fold and if they really must, start again.

Read this Will Pompey fold? then see if you still have the same opinion.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
If the supporters had created a very public stink and asked questions when the grossly overpaid players were brought in, maybe they'd deserve some sympathy - but they didn't - and I don't. Quite simply, the rest of football does not owe Portsmouth an existence!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Not sure what the fans were meant to do? We're not protesting and we've just spent over £100m in the last 2 or 3 years. None of us know if we can afford it.

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
That's funny, because I've seen NO evidence, and I mean quite literally none in any form of media or on any website about Pompey fans protests in about 2 years. Blackburn fans are making some noise but not Pompey's. Joining a Facebook group or following a twitter feed isn't protesting. This is a club that signed players on 20k a week AFTER they'd already been into recession once, this is a club NOW offering 5k/week contracts to average players in league 1 so CLEARLY no lessons have been learnt and they deserve and need to go out of business at this point for the integrity of football and the long term health of the club.

try PST ans SOS POMPEY

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
With £150+ million owed to their creditors, I say no, let's not all hope that they survive but that they fold and if they really must, start again.

Read this Will Pompey fold? then see if you still have the same opinion.

read it and still of same opinion

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
The fans are the only ones to feel sorry for and they will start again and have more say in their club. Is Fratton Park as a ground really worth clinging too for yet more years of high costs and low incomes?

Just start again, play at a sensible ground for a few seasons and they'll have built up some money to build a sensible MODERN PROFIT MAKING ground IF they stick to spending WHAT THEY CAN AFFORD in the lower leagues. Bound to race up the league ladder with that number of fans! Will finally deserve some good will to the club then, instead of the deserved hate of all sensible fans around football toward their CLUB NOT their FANS.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Not sure what the fans were meant to do? We're not protesting and we've just spent over £100m in the last 2 or 3 years. None of us know if we can afford it.

Exactly. Tour average fan turns up one or twice a week to watch football, not analyse the business model and accounts of that club.

Although I do agree, liquidation and starting again has to be the best option, rather than dragging their lifeless corpse of a club through another year or so before going bust again

xollob

Jun 9, 2012
Brighton
May the knuckle draggers rot in hell for ever! :) Only thing I will miss about them are the 6 points.

AND WHAT OF THE BUS LOAD OF "KNUCKLE DRAGGERS" THAT CAME AND SUPPORTED US ON FANS UNITED DAY ???

Is it your Memory or Loyalty to fellow fans that needs a bit of a boost?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here